Old 08-25-2002, 11:23 AM   #16  

Default sunday morning, ahhh...

it was so nice to sleep in a bit today- all the way to 7:30. But I went back to bed with my coffee and have just hung out all morning. so nice

and it's beautiful here today- long thunder and lightening and rain storms last night, but we needed it so badly! I think the grass has grown over night! today is totally clear and dry and gorgeous. we sat outside this morning with breakfast and just soaked up the sun. this year I bought a nice chaise lounge and haven't been able to use it because it's been over 90 so much. I have been inside all summer! I even grilled a steak and some chicken sausages with sundried tomatoes from Trader Joes for dinner last night- it's even been too hot to grill out!

but, no complaints- this is one of those days when you just feel : good. also, I have lost 3 lbs total this month, so, I am happy. more salads and more water. I've been doing the cranwater thing from Fat Flush, even more diluted than she says- and adding psyllium in the evening. read the thread over in Diet Plans- pretty low carb, but VERY fat-restricted. That's not for me. I like a little butter, guacamole, and full fat dressings on my salad.

not much else new,
hi to everyone- glad to see you janice- working's a bitc#, isn't it?

well, off to put dh's bread in the breadmaker and chicken in the oven for the weeks' lunches. maybe a shopping outing with ds this afternoon. and think about something yummy for dinner. maybe fish and asparagus on the grill.

be good all,
dottie
Old 08-25-2002, 06:24 PM   #17  
Slimwithin

Ooooh, escape! Sounds wonderful, MamaJ. You sound as busy as a one armed paper hanger. I have paperwork coming out my yin yang too, but not as much as you I think. I just have dh's business bookkeeping to do and it's not that time consuming other than during tax time. I do hate it so, though. The only good thing about doing dh's books was that I got to get the computer. I'm still trying to justify the Internet connection tho.
So sorry about your friend's brother. It's sure not fair what life can dish out. Sending healing thoughts his way.
Dottie lucky you getting to sleep in so late. DH started nudging me about 6 am and making mumbling noises about coffee. Sheeesh, the man can't even let me sleep in on a Sunday. So, up I got and put the coffee on and the dork didn't even get up for another hour! MEN!!
Still, I was very pleased this morning when I took my blood glucose test. It is finally ...FINALLY...in the normal zone (high normal but who cares?) This can't be all the work of the Metformin which I take twice a day because I've been taking it for months with no significant lowering of my GL. I'm attributing it to the Fat Flush Plan that I've now been on for just over a week. Good things are happening. 3-1/2 lb gone in one week (my scale says 5 but I had one last prepaid visit to WW and their scale said 3.5 but I don't care). My clothes are beginning to fall off my shoulders, yippeee, so I know I'm losing even more inches than pounds. It's not so hard once you get past the first few days, Dottie.
Hello to everyone else. I'll try to respond to more posts tomorrow.
This morning I made 21 jars of blackberry jam. I just allowed myself a little taste and it is GOOOOOOD! Sure wish I could have some with cream cheese on a toasted bagel but I'm not allowing myself to have any thoughts like that these days.
Those vines were just loaded with fat, ripe, sweet berries and I'm hoping to go back and get some more in a few days. I'm out of jars so I'll just freeze them until I need them.
Cool here today. Looks like summer is winding down.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:43 PM   #18  
Old Cackler

dawna.. do i have to add you to my 'worry' list??? you've done sooo great with your weight loss, and now you've had the tummy tuck. and you're not happy with it???? this sounds ominous!!!! scary!!! but i HAVE heard that it takes up to 6 months or even more before all the swelling goes away.

it's not an easy surgery, apparently. and i think you're doing GREAT by being up and around. but from the sound of it, you're having some ISSUES>. we're rooting for you.

i only wish we could have some advice for you. i just don't know anything about the duodenal switch. well, not quite true. of all the wls performed in the US last year, only 10% were DS. some were VBG, more were lap bands, but the most common by far was the RNY.

keep us posted.

and kel, great to see you!!!! even though i'm not sure how you manage to find time to SLEEP!!!

blackberry jam???? linda... one of my FAVES!!!!

and dottie. sounds like you're the domestic goddess for today!! i'm impressed!!!

noranoranora.. well, we finally know that your new WOE is working great for you, but how's the divine sarah doing?? '

maybe we can see her in september as well???

and janice. you are sooo busy, but that news about dawn's brother just, well, blows me away!!! please give her my love and prayers and best wishes. it'll be a tough time. with no good outcome.

would love to write more, but it's shower time. almost bedtime, even!!!

much love to all... hope tomorrow is the beginning of a great week.

and hugs to all of you, and the kids, and dogs, and cats...