Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-14-2004, 12:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Talking Weekend Chat, August 14 & 15

Wow where is everybody at? it's almost 11:30 and there is no weekend thread? everybody must be busy little bees.

I'm finishing up cleaning house but wanted to run in here and see what everybody was up to.

As soon as I get thru cleaning, I'm gonna take a nice long bath and relax, before starting some supper later and working on my lesson for tomorrow morning for the new 12th grade girls.

What is everybody else up to today? If I remember right Leenie's family was throwing her a birthday party. Hope she's having a BLAST!

I'll check back later.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:45 PM   #2  

I'm making up a pasta salad for the reception after the ordination and answering and making phone calls for the last minute details. Got to do laundry too and clean the bathroom.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Liz, where you hiding??
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 03:22 PM   #3  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Ladies....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEENIE! Hoep your party is going well

Tippy - I'm a tad bit embarrassedto say it, but I decided to research "How to apply sunblock" on the internet... hehehe I was re-apply maybe every 4 hours. I figured the stuff would last longer, specially water/sweat proof stuff. Anyways, several sites say that depending on how strong the UV scale is you should re apply often. On a high UV scale you should re-apply like every hour, and for dangerous levels every 30 minutes. Yikes, maybe that's why we all got burnt. Well I am making reservations for their All day BBQ and Water Park Party for the end of the month. Maybe I should buy another swimsuit, one that has a built in pocket LOl so I can carry the sun block with me at all times rather than stuffing it in a locker. Oh and yes, I gonna wear shoes LOL...

Cathy - I have to clean huose too... wanna come help? Ohh and bring a few strong men... hehehe I need to have my back yard dug up and cleaned out so I can lay sod hehehehe... I'm a pretty good cook (we won't talk about the Roux incident) so they will be some pretty well fed folks for helping out heheheh... Actually, I'm trying to recruit all of my sisters friends hehe she seems to know the whole world. Hope all is going well!

Take care!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:24 PM   #4  
CIN

Hi Gals
I walked this morning then tore into the house..........I love our new place.it is smaller and so easy to "spiff up".in no time at all I had floor swept & damp mopped.everything cleaned!

I went for my monthy weigh in..then out to lunch with a co-worker/friend....and now I am getting ready to prepare next weeks topic for work and do some laundry.

I have been on the new program since Monday...stuck to it too and already am down 3 pounds! Wow.......................I impressed myself! I really want to stick to it an entire week without a slip up.......it gets easier each day!It is the best way to teach something new..just to do it whole-heartedly!

The weather here is beautiful.but I have family who traveled to Va Beach and are experiencing Tropical Storms.So sad what has happened in Fla. Mom has many friends in that area and is so worried about them

Hope Leenie has fun............you too Tippy! And Cathy you will be fine with a helper.It can be a little intimidating at first when you are used to teaching alone. I feel that way when someone Mentors with me at work.

Hope others check in.....Faraway......I miss you! Please come back!

Sue Ellen................I check the Internet on so many simple things.like preparing fresh corn.it has so many different ideas!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee You Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:26 PM   #5  
CIN

Default Sue Marieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sue Marie
So sorry ....
I know someone named Sue Ellen and do that often!

I love your name too!

Cin
Old 08-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oooh food over dose lol

Good morning, sorry, I'm just so busy. I will catch up tomorrow or tonight.

Love Yah'!!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 01:32 PM   #7  
Sparkly Like A Holiday

Talking

*stepping up to the mic*

tap tap

Hi, I'm a newbie!

I guess I just jump right on in? I posted my bio in the bio thread but just a lil quick tidbits about me - I'm Zannie, 28, married to Allan, mommie to Brucie (he'll appreciate that nickname when he's 30, for sure!). I'm a nursing student and live in Northern Virginia in the Washington DC area.

Well that about sums me up!

This weekend has been a good weekend for me.

Exercise:

Friday - none
Saturday - 3.1 miles. Calculated 15.8 minutes per mile.
Sunday - 1.7 miles. Calculated 15.6 minutes per mile.
(all power walking above)

Food:

I don't limit *what* I can eat, but how much... and my portion sizes were good all weekend long. I overdid the desserts on Friday and had 3 scoops of ice cream in the afternoon (so much for portion sizes ) and a canolli later that night. I enjoyed them at least.

I've been bored with food lately and haven't found much that whets my appetite these days. I find that frustrating and come lunch time I stare at the fridge wondering what to eat and never really eating anything good. But I did OK this weekend with that.

Emotional Status:

I have a lot going on right now and considering, my emotional state has been pretty good this weekend.

Friday evening started out a little rough but by Saturday morning I felt better and I've felt pretty much on even keel all weekend. I am attributing that to the exercise. I know I feel worse when I don't.

Comments from above:

I had NO idea about the sunblock... how often to reapply!

I'm really bad about that. I hate summer and tend to hole myself in the house so I convince myself that I don't need it. But when I look at my pictures I see the tanlines and know I'm getting sun and really should wear it. It feels so icky tho. Blech. My facial moisturizer has 30 SPF and I guess I fool myself to believe I'm ok all day long with that. Sigh.

Oh and I don't know Leenie - but Happy Birthday

Nice to meet you all.

--zannie
zannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 03:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon Gang!

Sunday School went fine this morning. I was a little nervous with my co leader (adult helper) in the room, but it was ok. And church was soooooooo good. Our praise music has been really awesome the last few months and I love it.

Tippy - I hope the ordination went well today!

Cin - down 3 lbs! YOUR impressed? I'M IMPRESSED!!! that's awesome! when can you give us some details about the new ww stuff? is it top secret right now?

Guess what - I have lost 8 lbs! can you believe it! I almost can't! My scale was down to 201 this morning. I could have jumped for joy - never thought I would see the day I might jump for joy to see the scale at 201, but dang, it has been soooooooo hard getting any weight to come off, but it is finally starting to move. I think its the combination of eating right, counting calories, drinking my water, exercising, the 2 grains of armour thyroid for my low thyroid, the phentermine and coming off the birth control pills. I can tell you this - I have definitely noticed some difference being off the birth control pills (including hot flashes) but mainly that I am not hungry all the time. I'm telling you I was HUNGRY ALL THE TIME on them things. Anyway - it has taken about 6 weeks to get 8 lbs off, but still, that is good for me. If and when, no wait, WHEN that scale drops down below 200 ya'll are gonna here me hoop and holler all the way from Louisiana.

Leenie - how was the birthday party? I take it there was a lot of good food?

Zannie - Welcome and very nice to meet ya! I see you've lost 69.5 lbs! CONGRATS! that's awesome. I would love to hear exactly how you have lost that much weight.

I hope everybody has a great afternoon.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:25 PM   #9  
Sparkly Like A Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
Zannie - Welcome and very nice to meet ya! I see you've lost 69.5 lbs! CONGRATS! that's awesome. I would love to hear exactly how you have lost that much weight.
Cathy,

Thanks!

Lots of exercise and lots of work on my self esteem mostly. I decided that my eating problems were related to my emotional problems. I'm healing the emotional problems and it's really helping with the eating problems.

I try to eat less processed foods and maintain some sort of portion control. I powerwalk 1.5-3 miles (30-60 minutes) 4 or 5 times/week.

I've been really focusing on my health and changing my life and it's the first time I've lost more than 10 pounds at a time so... must be working!

--zannie
Old 08-15-2004, 05:38 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies...

Welcome Zannie!

Cin - No problem hehehe

Today is my first day of going back on program after being sick, injured and sick... hmm starting to sound like a pattern. James and I have been talking... This Diet Power program that I'm using says, to maintain my weight I need to eat about 3200 calories. I've been cutting my calories down to 1600-1800 during my first few months of dieting. James thinks I may be cutting back way to much and I may have weakened my body and my immune system. So he told me to try 2500, but I made a compromise with him and said, how about 2300? Hehehe... so maybe that's what's going on with me. I don't usually get sick, and to get sick with in 2-3 weeks like that is a bit odd. Not to mention he said my physical activity has picked up as well... so I need to take it easy on my body. So I'll stick with 2300 and see what is happening with me during this little period of time.

But I am definately back on a new program...

Hope everyone is doing well!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:00 PM   #11  
Sparkly Like A Holiday

Sue, I was just looking at your pics - you can really tell the difference, especially in your face! You look mahvelous! Thanks for the welcome
Old 08-15-2004, 09:05 PM   #12  
CIN

Hi Gals
Cathy! Is all I can say! I am sooooooooo happy for you because you have worked so hard...............I cannot wait until you are below 200...........you will be so inspired! Glad SS went well.

No...cannot answer the question until next week when Weight Watchers shares with the members.................. !

Zannie...welcome.you a are a cutie!! We are glad you joined in and good for you on the BIG weight loss gal!

Leenie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so you HAD a nice week-end.huh?

I am tired tonight and have a heavy work day tomorrow...gonna hit the couch and catch some of the Olympics! Hubby & I walked tonight for about 40 min............we have stuck with the walkinmg this week!

Weather warming up here this week ( in Kentucky)..................I sorta liked the cool weather! I am a TRUE FALL person!

See you all Monday!

Cin
Old 08-15-2004, 11:01 PM   #13  
Sparkly Like A Holiday

Wooo I got called a cutie Teehee.

I missed commenting on your 8 pound loss, Cathy!! WAY TO GO!!