Old 09-05-2002, 06:36 AM   #61  

Angry Good morning!

mauvaisroux, I too LOVE your name! I'm glad that you are feeling better. I seem to stay within the same 4 lb. range. My Dr. suggested that I keep track of my calories. So, I did yesterday. Before I had my Miracle Fluff I was just over 1,000 calories. I honestly don't know how to calculate the calories from the Miracle Fluff. I do know this is a very healthy way of eating because all my blood work came back excellent. I was kind of concerned about my glucose because my Dad had diabetes, I was happy to see the numbers. So....I'll just keep plugging along.

Jennifer, I would love to have your recipe for cheese crackers. They sound YUMMY

ANNE D, I know what you mean about feeling guilty eating this type of food. I have some of pneuman's recipes that I haven't tried. I should go into his recipes and copy more, but there are so many that it overwhelms me sometimes. Did you copy all of them? I copied the Corn Bread recipe and Foccacia (sp?) recipe from SS site. I'm dying to make these. Those cheese puffs sound interesting.

nikkic, I made that Miracle Fluff yesterday. It's AWESOME! It makes a lot. I used the cherry jello. I do have some strawberry and raspberry jello also, so once this is gone I will make another batch. It was so rich and creamy I actually felt guilty eating it.

It's getting light out, so it's time to go for my walk. I'm having lunch and a shopping spree with a GF so have to walk off my calories beforehand Take care and enjoy your day.

I have sent you guys a PM Aleka
Old 09-05-2002, 08:04 AM   #62  

Cool Hi,

Please forget the PM I sent you. I tried to get into that site, but got a message that it was unavailable. If you do try it, leave off the word "groups". Aleka
Old 09-05-2002, 12:37 PM   #63  

Hi Everyone:

Jennifer I posted the cheese puff recipe. It is really good! I
too would love the cheese cracker recipe.

Aleka, I am so happy to hear your blood results were great!
It gives me confidence in the diet plan. Parts of me still are
saying I don't know about this.

Mauvaisroux I agree with you. Taking care of ourselves now
would be the best. I am telling myself when I lose abit more
I too will have my blood work done, just to reassure me all is
well on my new WOE.

Hi Nikkic, I hope all is well! I too would like to know if you lost
all your 24 on SS. You are doing fantastic!

Anne.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:51 PM   #64  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Evening everyone!

Jennifer-just out of curiosity, what did you think my name meant?
if it is fit to print anyway

Aleka-glad to hear that you got good results on your bloodwork.

Nikki- way to go on those 24 lbs-good for you!

Anne-I know what you mean about the WOE, it is hard to rethink everything we have been told about low-fat.

I was reading a magazine article the other day (yes I read too much ) and they were trashing low-carb, high protein diets. People seem to think that every low-carb diet tells people they can eat any amount of fatty proteins and creamy sauces that they want to and that you should have steak and eggs for breakfast everyday.

I don't recall anyone advocating a protein and fat free-for-all in place of carbs I think the Woe we are on involves sensible eating. Sorry that I am on my but all these articles are starting to bug me . I feel like an eating plan pariah or something Pardon my venting, I will shut up nowand go to bed.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:46 PM   #65  
WW Moderator

I posted the cheese crackers on the miscellaneous page!

Mauv, I wasn't sure what it meant, but I thought something french and something pink, so figured it was SOMETHING sultry!
Howver, Evil Redhead can be sultry!

Where are the pneuman recipes? I looked on SS but didn't see any. My gosh, she has tons!

Definitely going to try the Fluff!
Old 09-06-2002, 07:15 AM   #66  

Angry Good morning,

mauvaisroux, I know what you mean about those magazine articles. I wish that they would get it through their heads that one type of diet does not fit everyone! I honestly don't know who these "experts" are. I had lunch with a GF yesterday we started talking about losing weight, and I told her that I was following SS plan. She told me just to call it Atkins. I told her that it was nothing like Atkins, and that you could eat carbs, it was just you had to eat differently. She doesn't believe in this WOE, and that's ok.

Jennifer, to get to Pneuman's recipes on the SS site, when you come to the FORUM page, scroll down until you come to RECIPE SUGGESTIONS, click onto that, scroll down and you will see pneuman's recipes. There are some good recipes there.

ANNE D, have you had any bloodwork done recently before you started SSzing? If not, maybe you could have bloodwork done soon, then have some done in a few months. That way you can tell if this WOE is really helping you. I think I read somewhere that it takes a few weeks, or months, I'm not sure, for the results to show.

Hi nikkic Hope you had a great day yesterday.

I can't believe it's Friday already...holidays really screw me up!
Take care and have a great day.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:15 AM   #67  

Hi!
I went to have a mammogram yesterday, just the usual check up. Saw the Dr. and she wanted to know how I was losing weight. I told her I was somersizing. She's the first person that didn't say something bad about it or have a judgement made up. She said it looks like it's working and to keep with it. I am going back in 3 weeks for a physical and will have blood work done then.
I hope everyone is feeling well. I feel pretty good now. The chiropractor really helps pop me back into shape.
I printed all of Peter N. thread off. I can't believe they're just going to trash the whole site. There are so many great recipes there.
Thank you all for the encouragement. I actually have only lost 14 lbs, not 24, but that's since Aug. 8th, so that's not bad. I've just been following the somersizing plan. Jennifer, this is what I ate the day before yesterday (yesterday was all screwed up)-
Breakfast-2 eggs scrambled with cream, cooked in butter, 4 slices of bacon
Snack-peach
Lunch-2 hamburger patties with cheese, ketchup (sugar free), cucumber salad
Supper-chicken cordon blu with a cheese/wine sauce, broccoli
Snack-miracle fluff
It seems like a lot of fat. I still have that recorded message in my head saying, 'Don't eat fat, it will make you fat', but it isn't true. I know I am feeding my body what it needs, it's the first time in my life I can eat this kind of stuff and not feel guilty. But of course, I do feel guilty. We are so conditioned to eating low fat and starving ourselves. Which has gotten us no where. We are over weight because of that nonsense. All our lives people have told us how to eat healthy and it doesn't equal this woe. I know I am doing the right thing. I will be able to eat like this forever and never feel deprived. It is great.
It is hard to eat out though. I have never been able to find one place that has any idea what I'm talking about. The other day, my DD and I went to a favorite restaurant. I got the Tri tips, which were not what I thought they would be and a salad. On the salad bar there was a lot of food, but all I could eat was boiled eggs and lettuce, no dressing. I know one thing, I will be saving money, because eating out isn't as much fun as it use to be. It's a lot better eating at home.
Hey, I think that's a good idea about a new thread every Monday. It will be easy to find.
Jennifer, thank you so much for this website and all you and your sisters do. It is the best website I've ever seen. It is so easy to use and you guys have thought of everything to make it fun and useful.
Talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 09-06-2002, 10:30 AM   #68  

Jennifer, I have been doing this cheese cracker thing for awhile too. I think it is great. Thanks for posting that, I never thought about it. I use Kraft Deli Deluxe and it works great. I leave it in there until it's all brown on top, in my little microwave, it takes 3 min. (not very powerful). I love these things. I've never tried fat free, that would be good for a carbs meal. You could make a veggie soup and use them for coutons on top. I have also seen where people use these crackers in meatloaf to replace bread crumbs.
Nikki
Old 09-06-2002, 07:15 PM   #69  

Hi Everyone:
I had a busy day today the last day of my vacation
I took my 12 year old autisic son to the doctor and he has
adjusted his meds. I have to take him back in two weeks time
and I just know my boss will give me a hard time.
He has terrible bruises from biting himself and hopefully the
medication adjustment will help but this is serious business
and he must be followed by his doctor.

My diet has been going good and Aleka you are right I should
get my blood work done. It has been years..... but I am a
terrible coward when it comes to doctors I have not even had
my post partum check up from having my twins 12 years ago!!
Not proud, just a chicken.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Anne.
Old 09-06-2002, 11:11 PM   #70  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi everyone!

Just a quick flyby post as I just got in and I am kind of tired

I went out with two of my girlfriends and had dinner, then went shopping and then out for coffee. We had a lot of fun and haven't laughed like that for a while, my sides hurt!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

I am starting a new thread tonight fresh for the weekend