Old 08-12-2002, 05:06 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default Daily Chit Chat for Monday August 12th

This is awful to be up at this time of the morning!! I woke up at 4:00 after going to bed at 11:30. My darn tooth that I should have taken care of before now was giving me fits. Can you guess what I will be doing today!

Coffee is brewing, leaded and strong!

Today is the first day of school. At orientation on Thursday we found out that my daughters schedule needs to be adjusted, they don't have her taking any academics this semester, that just won't work! With band as one of her classes, she will not be able to fit them all in next semester, so something must give. I guess I better explain, our school is on what is called "block schedules." Instead of the 6 classes a day, our kids have only 4. The classes are longer and a years worth of time is done in a semester. That's why it is so important that I get her schedule corrected. I spoke with a friend whose husband is a high school teacher and he said that they are having problems system wide this year with schedules. This could take days to straighten out.

I need coffee, I'll check back in a little later.

One very, "not ready to be awake"
Debbie

Last edited by debkay; 08-12-2002 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:52 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Wake up sleepy heads!!!

Where are the early birds?

One lonely chick
Debbie
Old 08-12-2002, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning Deb! Pass some of that coffee, I need the whole pot and a long straw! Be back in a minute!
Old 08-12-2002, 07:27 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm here, Debkay! OMG, poor you! A tooth problem is so awful! I hope your dentist can fix you up today.

It is a really hot day here already! Did I tell you we cancelled the AC guy when we discovered a burned out fuse was the problem? Well, it still is a problem because the darn thing keeps blowing fuses! So.....we get back on his long waiting list at the borrom. Maybe we will get it fixed for Hallowe'en?

The Girls and I loafed on the deck last night at dusk. I got only 10 skeeter bites this time! It's neat to lie there and watch the bats zooming overhead. Once again the Girls got fireflies caught in their coats - they so pretty and magic! Lucy had mud on her nose so I assume she went looking for those buried ice cubes.

I am off to see the orthopaedic surgeon this a.m. for a pre-op checkup. I am finally biting the bullet about this darn carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) and getting the operations, right hand first. If I leave it much longer, there will be permanent nerve damage to the hands and I intend to live forever with good hands! Since the doc's nurse and wife is a pal of mine, I expect I may get bumped up on the waiting list. I hear this is not a serious recovery period. Anybody else had a CTS operation?

This morning was scale day and I am horrified! I am getting right back on track - too many deviations lately - like ice cream and cookies and margaritas! I'll never get to ONEderland this way. I do hold water in hot weather but not 7 pounds up in a week, I hope!

I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for Monday.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:28 AM   #5  

Ok, I'm back. MMMMM, that's good! It's been a hectic day already with getting dd off to school, she had to eat breakfast there, I will never make that mistake again. Everyone and his brother was in the food line this morning. I recruited her cousin to help her and I ran out the door to beat the traffic. Wow, 12 more years of this!!!!!!!!!

I'm off to get ready for work now, can we say wet hair in a ponytail? Talk to ya'll this afternoon! Deb, what a hassle with the schedule! Bet they are embarrassed!

Good morning, Ruth, you snuck in on me! That Lucy sounds like she keeps you hopping!

Last edited by goodforme; 08-12-2002 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:50 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning All,

Nothing much to write home about. Planning Grace's 1st birthday party......2 weeks, can you imagine.

Ruthie, Tippy remember when she was a gleam in my eye Both of you were there for me thru it all, wish you could come to her party. Won't be the same without Auntie Woothie And Auntie Tippy.

Got my hair cut and I painted my nails.....so this is what it feels like to be human again. whooooooooohoooo. Maybe weight loss next ???

TTYL, boss permitting.

Love, Leens
Old 08-12-2002, 07:52 AM   #7  
workin' my way back down

Good morning everyone! Thanks for the coffee... leaded, just the way I like it - yummmmm

Well no major plans for today, I faxed out my resume last night in response to job ad for a place that is VERY local -- in the ad they said some Saturdays. I know that will put off a lot of people, but for me that is fine, since dh always works on Saturdays (retail )
We'll see what happens... it would be great to have a job so close to home!

Sunday was wonderfully relaxing on our friends' boat... after we docked at Fire Island, the guys went to the ocean for a while, came back to the boat where we had lunch, then they went over to the bay for more swimming.... there were lots of those green flies out, so Carol and I just stayed on the boat, enjoying a lovely breeze......... I wish I could have more days like that!

Ruth, I haven't had that surgery, but people I know who HAVE had it said that it was like a miracle! One of our friends is a pianist and he was back playing the piano within a very short time. Good luck with it.....

Deb, I hope your tooth is much better today.... I think that there is almost nothing worse than a toothache! I hope it's better really quick!

Sherrie, relax.... I think I remember that at some point the mornings get easier???? Not to sure I can remember back that far tho!!

Have great days everyone......

Hey..Leens, you snuck in on me! Planning the first party! OOOOh that is sooo fun! Time just really flies, doesn't it!
Old 08-12-2002, 08:07 AM   #8  

Morning! Leens! Morning! Ruth! Morning! Sherry! Morning! SG! and a good VERY early Morning to you Debkay!

and to anyone else who peeks in!

Debkay! I would gladly take your tooth problem for you...I don't mind the dentist...but you'll have to take all of my other dr things!
Hope you get some good drugs!

Ruth, my dh had that surgery this year. He did fine and didn't whine or complain so it couldn't have been to bad. Same day surgery and quick turn around.

The big kid has soccer camp today, he'll like that!

My cupboards are bare! Last night I had a ton of kids over and some adults too and was embarassed at the lack of choices for them to nibble on and drink. They didn't care, but I felt like a bit shamed! So, today the list and the store and you know when a little 4 year old boy says that your bathroom is kind of smelly that you have work to do. Guess I best put my book down and deal in the real day to day world.

I should get on the scale too

and drink some water

and exercise

and change the lizard cage YUCK

I did, ( so as you all don't think I am a complete slug) get some school shopping in. boys are so easy!

and then of course there is this paint by number thing....OH POOKY??????!!!!!!!! is it fun? is it ? Not that I am doing any more crafts or anything.....unless some one comes along and talks about wood working and stuff?

ok, I am done!!!!

have a good one....I am off to accomplish 2 things...I just have to decide on which 2

peach
Old 08-12-2002, 08:24 AM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies,
Today is DH’s 39th birthday, so happy birthday to him.

It has been a few days since I have posted. Company is gone and all is quiet for now. We had a nice weekend. I helped my friend with a surprise birthday party for her mother on Saturday. Sunday I took the kidlets to the pool and then DH and I took them out to play golf in the afternoon. It is SO hot here.

Today I have to go to the golf store and get a birthday gift for DH, then to the market to make something for dinner. Tomorrow we go to the water park again with friends and I also have to think about packing to do to NC next week. Problem is we are going US air!

For all you back to school people….WOW it is still summer in my book and I think it would be hard to be in school when I know others are still doing summer stuff. Deb I hope you get that schedule fixed.

Ruth, I haven't had that surgery either, but I know people that have had it and are thrilled with the results

Deb, I hope your tooth is much better

Sherrie It really isn’t 12 years….they earn to drive somewhere in that time! I too have one starting Kindergarten in September
Leens…first birthday party’s are so special…enjoy every second of it.
Sam’sGma… I hope you get the job!
Pooky: Goodmorning!

Have a good one
-L
Old 08-12-2002, 09:02 AM   #10  

Good Morning everyone!

Busy morning ahead for me, I have an executive meeting in about an hour and I look like the bride of Frankenstein! I think it's similar to having yak hair?

Going to be a scorcher today--32 degrees celcius (yeah, yeah, I should really know farenheit by now but I was born at the change over in Canada from imperial to metric so that's all I learned) and with a smog advisory to boot! Can you say HOT!!?

Peachie, that paint by numbers deal, well, it's very time consuming but you know I love it! Dh thinks I'm doing a great job but he has to remind me to breathe! It seems I have a habit of holding my breath when I am doing a particularly intricate part. Next thing you know I'm gonna pass out on the carpet!

Oh Deb, I don't envy you! I had to have double root canal after I couldn't deal with the pain any longer. Good luck at the dentist!

Ruthie, my friend had cts surgery and she was a completely different person afterwards, more flexibility and less stiffness.

Leens, one year already? Wow, it seems like she was just born! Aaah, the memories of Miree's first....I hope you make it extra secial since you will remember it for a lifetime!

Sherrie love, forgive yourself and move on! So she had to buy breakfast, at least she ate! There are some morings here that are questionable for us and I just say, oh, c'est la vie!

Samsg, that boat sounds heavenly. I would have looooved to be there with you!

L, you're probably the most entertainingest (is that a word?) person I know--it seems you've always had company this summer! I hope you have a little time for yourself to kickback and relax

Off to get my act together--have a great day everyone!
Old 08-12-2002, 10:24 AM   #11  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone! Well, it is once again hot and humid here,supposedly we are going to get thunderstorms later with a cold front moving in and have temps in the 70's tomorrow. Need I say I am NOT holding my breath. I think they have promised us this the last 3 days. Yesterday I totally blew the eating thing. Here I was rolling along feeling so good about myself for having exercised even though I was sore from my workout extravaganza on Sat. and what do I do???? The 3 of us got home from grocery shopping in the "big city" and next thing I know, I'm eating cheese, I'm eating pepperoni slices, yada yada yada. Yes, legal, but STUPID. Then we have a delicious shrimp salad dinner and I bought strawberries for dessert. I am soooooo sure I'm not going to have the angel food cake with it, I had the angel food! And then I had wine! What a dork! Anyway, that is behind me hopefully (yeah on my derriere probably) I've had my LLC this morning and then hot lemon water and then cranwater with 2 eggs. After I get off of here I am going to do my workout. I also need to call my principal and see if I can come down and work on my room tomorrow. DS has said he will help me set it up and tomorrow is his last day before 2 a day practices start up. He is such good help so I hope that it is a go. Okay, enough griping here.

Pooky hope the meeting goes well.

L, Happy Birthday to your DH!

Peach, hope you find some time for something fun in your day today.

Samsgram, good luck with the job.

Leens, 1st birthday, oh enjoy this time--so wonderful!

Sherrie, lots of kids eat breakfast at school where I teach, hopefully it will go smoother from here on out.

Ruth, oh gosh I hope you get that AC fixed. I am such a baby about being too hot! I have a mild case a carpal tunnel, but I don't know anyone who has had the surgery. Sure hope it all goes well!

Debkay, Ouch, hope you get that tooth taken care of. That is no fun! My DS's school is on 8 block. They have the long clases and they have A day and B day classes that. So he has each class every other day. It still confuses me. Hope you get her schedule taken care of.

Hello to all yet to come!!

Last edited by AdoAnnie; 08-12-2002 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:50 AM   #12  
GO CANES!

Hey girls! I just have to share my week one Atkins results. I'm down 4.8!!!! I know most of that is water, but WHO CARES??!! It's not on me anymore!!!!! SO MOTIVATING, NO?
hope everyone is having a super monday!!!
Old 08-12-2002, 11:06 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning Everybody
I've just finished reading all the post from the weekend and today. Before I can post a reply I need to take the girls (dogs) outside because Shelby is sitting next to me making little whiny sounds.
But before I go , I want to say:
CONGRATULATIONS JIHAN FOR A WONDERFUL WEIGHT LOSS!!!
Type to ya'll later.
~~~Sil
Old 08-12-2002, 06:10 PM   #14  

Good afternoon! I am having a horrible day, and it's not looking good for tomorrow either. Why did God invent SHbosses?????? Can't we all just get along?

Pooky, you are killing me with the yak hair and the bride of Frankenstein My bosses assistant said today that her hair looked like Fido's butt! Somebody please tell me if mine ever gets that bad, ok?

Gotta go find dinner. Hmmmmmm, where is it hiding? You know, me and Betty Crocker can make just about anything taste like real food. This cooking thing is NOT all that it's cracked up to be!
Old 08-13-2002, 12:23 AM   #15  
Slimwithin

Yippee, Princess! You done GOOD!

Trying to keep up with all of you is wearing me out.

I'm still doing Atkins and trying to keep to higher fat which, I've learned, is the best way to move stubborn fat. Go figure huh? We shall see.

Has anyone heard of The Fat Flush Diet? I've been reading a lot of positive stuff about it and I just wondered if anyone has tried it. If it would flush out some of my fat, I'd be delighted. I guess I'll have to buy the darned book and try it for myself.