Old 08-11-2002, 09:01 AM   #16  
workin' my way back down

Good Morning chickies! What a gorgeous, glorious day here on the south shore of Long Island!!!

Today will be spent with friends on their new boat over at Fire Island. Now that she knows I'm doing Atkins, she is making a large chef salad for lunch (I am amazed at how supportive she is being - esp since she is a nurse with a REALLY closed mind about fat and protein -- just like I used to be!! (never was a nurse tho - just had a closed mind!! )) After that, in tonight's "going home to NYC from the Hamptons" traffic, we will be heading to the airport to pick up DD from her trip to New Zealand and Australia...... I can't believe she's been gone 3 weeks! Even tho she doesn't live at home anymore, and I don't see her ever day, I have really missed her for 3 weeks!!

Well - hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.......

Jennifer - please post a pic of that YAK hair!
Sue - hope your trip is great.... those poor bears are really gonna miss out on a sight!
Pooky - absolutely right..... it takes lots of time to make presents rather than buy them...... but they are so much nicer, and people truly appreciate them more, I think.
LindaBC - OMG! I am a terrible person! I forgot to tell you how excited I am for you about your daughter coming home this fall! (I think my brains have been on a summer break!!) As for all that driving tomorrow...... maybe a book on tape will help?

Bye everyone..... time to try to fit into a bathing suit
Old 08-11-2002, 09:04 AM   #17  

Sunday morning- so relaxing!

Hi Pooky, it's just you and me up so far? Want some cinnamon for your coffee?

Today is finish up little chores-fold some laundry, bake chicken for lunches next week. That's about it. I have to run to Borders for some paperbacks for moms hubby's b-day, she said get him some paperbacks. They are going to Norway for 3 weeks and he'll have something packed and ready to read. Nice to be retired, huh? I'm glad she has him to travel with. And NOT just because he keeps her out of my hair.

So that's easy enough. No other work, just enjoy the day. Did anyone see the meteor shower last night? We went out to look, but didn't see any meteors. But we were tired and gave up too easy!

Have a great one, enjoy the day

dottie

hi SG, you slipped in, just in time for a cup!
Old 08-11-2002, 10:48 AM   #18  
she who must be obeyed

Just a quick pop in to say hi to everyone, I have lots of things I'm doing today and they all involve decluttering the house.

I have not said this very often in my 22 year marriage, but my hubby is getting on my nerves big time. I am married to one of the "good guys" but if he thinks he has gone too long without, well you know, he gets cranky. He leaves next Sautrday for a business trip to London, I think I may enjoy sleeping in the middle of the bed, but by Tuesday I'll be wishing he were home. Men, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!!

My Dad is doing GREAT!! He is mentally back to his old self 90% of the time. We are hoping he will be able to come home by the middle of next week. Thanks for your good thoughts and prayers.

Back to the druge work!

Debbie
Old 08-11-2002, 12:38 PM   #19  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone! We are back to the hot weather here and the AC is back on. I get whiny when I am too hot. Yesterday I got in a good 90 minutes of exercise and then DH, DS and I did get all of our bushes trimmed (a considerable number). By the time we had all of the mess cleaned up I was pooped! DH and DS made one of their classic homemade pizzas last night AND cleaned up after. I felt like I was on vacation. Their pizzas they make are great because they put so much cheese and meat and mushrooms on the top, I don't need to eat the crust. It was a nice treat. This morning when I woke up I was SOOOOOOO stiff and sore from my workout yesterday I was afraid I'd need a crane to get out of bed. Thank goodness DS and DH had left to golf so they couldn't see my antics as I got up. I sat and looked at the ads in the Sunday paper and then I decided that if I worked out I might not be so stiff, so I did the 3 mile Walk Away tape with weights and I actually do feel a bit more limber. This afternoon I have convinced my 2 partners in crime to go to the big city to grocery shop with me. It goes so much faster with help. I bribed them with the promise of making the shrimp salad they love so much for dinner tonight. I guess that is it for me for today.

Ruth, glad the sale went so well!

Pooky, I used to love to do those paint by numbers, very therapeutic!

Deb, I am so happy to hear that your dad is doing so much better. I am sure that is a huge relief to you.

Linda, I don't envy you all of that driving in traffic. One of my least favorite things to do!

Samsgram, gosh a day on the boat at Fire Island sounds so wonderful. I bet you are looking forward to giving your DS a BIG hug! Hope she had a great time!

Dottie, we went out to look for the meteors too, but didn't see a thing, darn it.

Hope I'm not forgetting anyone--Have a great Sunday!!

Last edited by AdoAnnie; 08-11-2002 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2002, 12:51 PM   #20  
WW Moderator

Somebody remind me how bad kettle korn is for low carb diets...
I am locking myself out of the kitchen! I have a whole box of that stuff I bought months ago and I just now remembered it. Oh gosh. Maybe lunch would get it off my mind, I just realized I haven't eaten any.

Nothing exciting planned for today. Been washing laundry while Rob does dishes, should pull some weeds and dust the floors later. ( I thought hardwood was easier to maintain...not!)

Yawn...off to another exciting salad.

And I might get a pic of the Yak hair!
Old 08-11-2002, 06:46 PM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Silly Puppy Story!

A silly thing but you might like a giggle on a hot day.....

The Furry Girls were playing in and out of the wading pool most of the afternoon, stopping occasionally to come onto the deck to beg for an ice cube from our drinks - just Crystal Lite! I finally went and got a bowl of ice cubes to dump in the wading pool.

Hershey lay and munched her share but Miss Lucy took hers one by one and buried them in the garden! Hmmmmmm - I see big disappointments in her future!
Old 08-11-2002, 09:23 PM   #22  
Old Cackler

ruth.. that's ADORABLE!!!! poor lucy. you'll have to give more tomorrow!!

and everyone's busy running around as usual.. and deb.. glad everything's going so well for your dad. and maybe you could plan something fun while DH is away? like a trip to joisy???

and hope all you boaters and campers and others remember the sun block!!

rachel. come back!!!

and sherrie... how are you feeling? how is miss princess? what's the kindergarten situation? inquiring minds, you know.

a busy weekend... finished all laundry [including mine!!!!], other errands, groceries. and then i stopped at mom's church to see how the minister is. and found that he's home and recovering nicely, but his wife is sooo stressed!!! she needed some groceries, but was dreading the trip. soooo. another trip to the grocery store!!!

and then dinner with a friend. haven't seen her for a few months, and it was a great visit. she's having husband problems, too, and she's basically throwing in the towel, but not until her two teens are out of high school.

oh. and walked a mile and a half this morning. and have added a resistance element to this: the charming, but undertrained maggie louise on a leash!!! quite a workout!

work tomorrow. yuck. hope ya'll have a great day...
Old 08-11-2002, 10:29 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I am still not 100%, although I feel like a new woman. Moved furniture today, found out that breathing is still not easy when exerted. However, nothing got strained, pulled, or otherwise hurt, so I'm okay!

The kindergarten princess is doing amazingly well. She had homework Friday, how cute! Trace the hands of all your family members and Monday they'll talk about what makes them unique! Great idea, wish I'd thought of it but that is why I am not a teacher. Well, that and the runny noses and shoes to be tied.

Finally the last load of laundry is in the drier, I'm sure flylady will forgive me if I save folding it for tomorrow. Gotta get some rest, wiped out today for some reason!

Ruth, pass me some of that ice, please. Lucy can share with Hersh if she's gonna bury it! Wonder if she'll ever go looking for it??

Ya'll have a good night, I'll talk with you tomorrow!