Old 08-10-2002, 12:33 AM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default Sat and Sunday Aug. 10 & 11

I know I am still up!!! i am so frusterated men!!!

I went to work today with 3 things for DH to do. first go to the doctor and dentist. second feed the kid (order pizza) and third make potatoe salad for tomorow. I got home at 8 45 and was bombarded with I am hungry Mommy!! where is the pizzza. Tom was ticked as i was not home to go and get his prescription for an anti biotic (had a tooth pulled at 2 pm) and NO potato salad!!! he had all morning and some of the afternoon. and there was money on the counter for dinner!! what the heck was he thinking!!!

well the potato salad is made and now i have to get to the clothesso i will not be bare for the bears
Old 08-10-2002, 06:16 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

Morning girls coffee is on!!!

Day is started and roaring to go!! much to do today I may stop in to see you guys later. I am still going to see the bears bare!! but hopefully i will have clothes packed. so it is off for the day to me.
Old 08-10-2002, 06:31 AM   #3  

Sue you are my hero. You do 10 times what I do, and keep your sense of humor. Amazing. An inspiration. That's all I can say. Have awonderful trip...

Up at 5:30 my new wake up time. I hate it but that's now the time I have to get up during the week, and Mondays are easier if I haven't strayed too much on the weekend. Going to bed early s**ks though. So, up, making coffee, making a list for today. I want everything done today, everything, so I can just play tomorrow. We are going to DM for her hubby's b-day in the evening Sunday. It is a hassle and she expects DS and I to treat him like our father. We are 44 and 46, a little old for a new Daddy. My poor DH has to be dragged along for the birthday party of someone who is completely unrelated to him. DH got along with my father well, and had a lot of respect for him. Mom's new husband is a nice guy, but ....that's it. But we are being nice and joining the party with his daughters and the grandkids. I will make something low carb, I don't know what yet. Maybe deviled eggs.

So today is grocery shopping, some ironing(did the laundry on Thurs nite into Friday), return library books, go to dry cleaners, health food store. Cook chicken and steak for this week, bake bread for DH and do some cleaning(not too much, just run the vacuum, I have been flylady-ing the bathroom and it is staying pretty good. Swish and swipe.

Not much else. I will return for menu planning later. After the 2nd cup of coffee.

dottie
Old 08-10-2002, 06:49 AM   #4  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I'm about to go to the gym for my spin class. Busy day today. After the gym is grocery shopping, bank and then to my CSA farm. Anyone here go to a CSA (community supported agriculture)? It is a great concept. You pay the farm a set fee at the beginning of the season and you get a share of what they grow from June to Thanksgiving that you pick up weekly. It is a great way to get cheap organic veggies ($200 a season for more veggies than I can eat) and support local farmers to boot.
Old 08-10-2002, 08:03 AM   #5  
workin' my way back down

Good morning chickies.......

dh just set to coffee to brewing and it feels like today is gonna be just gorgeous and I am one very very very happy camper this morning! For the last 4.5 - 5 weeks the blasted scale has been going back and forth between 17 - 18 lbs gone........ it has been really frustrating me...... well, yesterday I got on the monster and it said ...... <tada..... drumroll here please!!> 20 lbs gone!!! well, I wasn't so totally sure I believed it, so I got on again this morning..... STILL 20 lbs gone!!!!
I am such a happy puppy!!

Sue, why don't you try leaving dh in the woods with the bears, without a trail of bread crumbs? Seriously, I hope you have a great weekend..... de-stress yourself and just have fun!

Dottie, I don't know why your wakeup call has had to change, but once you get used to it, the early morning air on LI is nice and clean!! Your plan to work today and play tomorrow sounds terrific...... that's what I need to do as well. I tell you what... if you don't want to go to the party, my dd is arriving at JFK tomorrow night at midnight from her trip to New Zealand and Australia -- want to go to the airport?????

Mpinkham .. I've heard of those farms..... enjoy your fresh veggies!

Everyone else to come..... enjoy your day!
Old 08-10-2002, 09:46 AM   #6  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone! Sun is shining, but they are talking chance of thunderstorms later. We really could use the rain-it is so dry. Didn't get to go to the movie yesterday, unfortunately in our area only 2 movie theaters and both had dorky movies so that axed that plan. I really need to get motivated and do some school planning--it is coming whether I want it or not so I had better be ready. Got to get my exercise in and then this afternoon (he doesn't know it yet) DH and I are trimming bushes around the house. They really need it, but the weekends have been too hot to do it until this weekend. I'm sure he will be thrilled.

Jif, sorry to hear that work didn't go any better for you yesterday. At least it is the weekend, make sure you take time to regroup!

Linda, sorry that scale isn't cooperating. You are working so hard, don't give up on it.

Sue, I swear all husbands (and we talked about this earlier this week) are brothers separated at birth. I hope you have a WONDERFUL time camping.

Samsgram, Party time!!! It must be your reward for such a tough week and NOT drinking the margaritas!! Good job!!!

Myra, I love the sound of that community farm. Gosh you'd think in this rural area we would have something like that! Enjoy those veggies!

Dottie, hope you are able to enjoy yourself at that birthday gathering.

Hello to all to follow and have a wonderful Saturday!!

Last edited by AdoAnnie; 08-10-2002 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2002, 10:39 AM   #7  
Big Loser

Good morning ladies!!! I am back from my exile. We went to FL for a week on vacation it was terrific! We all had a great time!!! I think we are going for 2 weeks next year. Then when we got back I had another 3 day business trip, it was okay but I have not had time to get organized!

I am starting induction on Monday! I have been researching the different programs yet again and the new 2002 Atkins seems the way for me to go...DH is going to do it with me Yea!

So I have been to the grocery and cleaned out some frawers, now it is off to the kitchen for a few cabinets.....Have a great day ladies!!!!
Old 08-10-2002, 11:19 AM   #8  

Good Morning everyone!

Dh let me sleep in this morning--what a sweetie pie I have not much on the agenda today--possibly a trip out to weed the front beds but that's about it. Now how often do we get to say we have nothing to do?

Rachel, glad to seeyou back! Great that dh is doing Atkins with you!

Annie, I hear you on the planning--I'm on the board of directors for dd's daycare and drop in center and we have a whale of planning to do for the fall, sigh, fall and more work!

samsgram--AWESOME way to go!!!

mpink, wow that community garden sounds wonderful!

dottie, hope you have a nice time at the party anyway, after all she's still your mum and she's not gonna change (at least that's what I tell myself every time I see my mum! )

Oh sue--MEN!! I swear, they've got cottonballs in thier ears sometimes. I hope you can relax enough on this trip

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-10-2002, 05:48 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Read about Alvin's great progrss in the Update on Ole Alvin thread. He definately is feelling bettter, but he's stin a MAN!!!

I told his sister this afternoon if he hadn't almost died, I could kill him!!! He's trying to be a good patient, but...
Old 08-10-2002, 09:28 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Late Check-In

Just had to delete somebody's post who looked like she was selling supplements. When will they ever learn? Is't that a line from a song?

The Yard and Bake Sale at the Church went really well this morning. People will buy the damndest stuff! The bake table got cleaned out right away - looked like seagulls fighting over a dead fish on a wharf! These deals are a lot of work but it is so good to see everyone involved - aside from one woman who needs a special invitation. "Nobody called me so I thought everything was under control." Lord, grant me patience! We are a very small congregation so everyone is invited to all work parties!

The Girls and I lay on the back deck tonight to watch the stars come out. I must have 17 new mosquito bites on my arms and ankles! The girls are OK because of their fur. We saw the stars show up finally but the prettiest sight was the fireflies tangled in the furry babies' coats! I love fireflies! That sounds kind of maudlin' but I AM old! I can be maudlin' if I want! (By the way, I was drinking Sleepytime Tea, not Scotch or wine, in case you wondered.)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

By the way, if you check the Announcements (hint!hint!) you will see some interesting news about the top ten posters on this website! Low Carb Rules!
Old 08-10-2002, 10:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! I forgot to check in today. Very busy cleaning, does it ever end? Also went and got a new cell phone FINALLY. I was being forced to sign a 2 year contract when I wanted a 1 year, and I was ready to walk, so the sales guy offered me the phone for free, and I reluctantly signed it. After 366 days, if this phone breaks, I will have to fork out full price for another one, so I'm kinda glad he gave me this one!

So, I'm off to bed now, and I'm going to try to take some time for myself tomorrow, maybe bubble bath or walk in neighborhood if it's cool enough. Tommie is driving me crazy, but what's new? Ya'll have a good night!
Old 08-11-2002, 12:24 AM   #12  
WW Moderator

FInally here, and I missed Saturday by half an hour. I posted a nice long post to the Friday list, and then I'llbe darned, I hit the Post Reply button to start a reply page, instead of hitting Submit Reply below this nifty little sneaky Quick Reply box. Drats! It was a nice whiny post, too, so I'm sorry you missed it! I went into the story of how my newly permed hair was cut too short on top to go in a ponytail, and the curls were seperating and sticking out in the front, and I looked like a Yak. I don't have Yak hair today, so I am much happier!

Did pretty decent today on food, but wasn't what I wanted it to be. I've been doing so good! I jumped back on track though. I'm pooped, been a long day at work and didn't quite recover from my evening nap. I tried to post after work and was falling asleep at the keyboard at 5pm so I took a nap in Cody's room while he played video game marathons. I need to go back! Goodnight all!
Old 08-11-2002, 12:32 AM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

OMG like a yak!! that is too funny. my hair is finally growing long and it is fun. it am letting the curls rule and yes some times i look like a yak, i can now just tuck it in some place and hide it.

well tonight DH was much better. had a good day and my clotes are all packed!! No bare bears!!

Just checked out the top 10, HHHMM I gues we girls can sure YAK!!! LOL that is too funny!!!

Last edited by nasus40; 08-11-2002 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-11-2002, 02:12 AM   #14  
Slimwithin

Oh wow, I am really, REALLY late today. It's after 11 pm on Saturday night. What the heck have I been doing all day? Well, it's like this.
After a leisurely breakfast, a two egg cheese omelet and I could only eat half of it, I sat and read the big Saturday paper. My sis called me and told me her hubby is coming back from Greece tomorrow and she wants to meet him at the airport. Well, she doesn't drive so she took the bus from her town to mine and I picked her up at the depot. Tomorrow, I will drive her to the airport (about an hour away) pick him up and drive them both to their home, which is about an hour and a half from the airport. (Sigh) It's going to be a long, tiring day. On top of all that the traffic will probably be the pits because in the area of the Intn'l airport there is a sea festival going on with those tall ships in port and apparently it's a traffic zoo. Also, there is going to be a big symphony of fire (fireworks) in Vancouver so the town will be filled up for that. Then, on our way to their town, there is a huge air show going on at one of the smaller airports between her town and ours and that will be causing traffic tie-ups. Oh well, what else do I have to do.
This morning I decided to try a chocolate low carb ice cream recipe I found on another low carb board. I have this container of Dr. Atkins Chocolate Shake mix that I've never used so I thought...hmmmm...why not add some of that to the custard base for the ice cream? It wasn't until the custard began to thicken up like paste that I clued in that this stuff THICKENED in liquid. After chilling in the fridge I decided it made a much better chocolate pudding than it would an ice cream. In fact, it was so stiff it would probably wreck the motor of my ice cream maker. This has to be the richest chocolate pudding I've ever tasted, all whipping cream and 1/2 & 1/2. LOL. I do have my adventures with food.
I've decided I'm not going to worry about the temporary set-back in weight loss. I think it's just my body adjusting and possibly fluid retention, although that's not usually a problem on Atkins. I will persevere and hopefully things will improve this week. Nothing can turn me away from this woe. I just feel so darned good on it.
Well, now I'm off to bed. I'll check back tomorrow and hopefully respond to some of the great posts I read earlier.
Old 08-11-2002, 08:13 AM   #15  

Good Morning

Well, it's dh's trun to sleep in andI'm being extra quiet on the keyboard--can you tell?

Had an absolute nothing to do yesterday day. It felt great. I think I've recharged the batteries enough to tackle my laundry and give the place a once over (in some areas, the twice over! )

I've been working on a special Christmas present for my Mom--a painting--one of those difficult paint by numbers things where you need to have the steadiest hand in the world. I've been working o it for 5 nights in a row now and gee it hardly looks like there's a dent in it! I expect it's gonna take 3 weeks to finish it. All I have to do is find a nice frame and voila--Christmas present. This year I am making all my gifts again, last year's photo albums were a big hit. I've got creative this time and downloaded some stuff from the internet and watched redecorating shows for some nice project ideas. I know you're thinking--but it's August! Never too early when you're making your gifts, it takes a lot more time to make them all!

Have a good one everyone!

Happy camping Sue, watch out for the bears!