Old 07-24-2002, 11:30 AM   #1  

Thumbs down One More Little Thought For the Day

There was a short piece on Dateline last night with Josh Mankiewicz.

It was a follow up to his segment last week where he talked about how he lost 50 lbs. following the Atkins plan.

Well, last night he was reading all the hate mail he has received in the past week.

People have been criticizing him widely for eating meat - using disgusting images like portraying him as an animal killer, blood dripping out of his mouth, etc.

I am a little shocked and dumbfounded as to why some people would be so angered by what another person eats.

Anyway, this has got me to thinking ( uh oh, watch out - here she goes - using her noodle!)

If some people think that I am slowly killing myself by eating all this meat...... what did they think I was doing when I was stuffing my face with chocolate chip cookies, jelly beans and potato chips?

Since when did one kind of food become more righteous over another?

I don't get it.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest - Terri
Old 07-24-2002, 11:40 AM   #2  

Oh Terri, you are so right! There are just too many people in this world that strongly believe that their way is the only way. I feel sorry for him, but since he's on TV it makes him a target for all these crackpots. If anything, I think we should send him an email and congratulate him!
Old 07-25-2002, 09:07 AM   #3  

I used to have a boss who was vegetarian - she said she wouldn't eat anything that had a face! If that's your thing, I'm fine with it, but don't tell me what to eat! I'm a member of PETA -- People Eating Tasty Animals.

Pen
Old 07-25-2002, 07:02 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

PETA I love it!! thanks

I had to laugh at you getting going Terri!!! I feel the same way