Old 07-17-2002, 06:26 AM   #1  
It's MY Life

Thumbs down Daily---Wednesday-July 17th

Morning Everyone! At least the clock says it is. Still having trouble sleeping and having DH go into his snoring routine was enough to drive me out of bed. Going to be another hot one today--upper 90's. DS's football team won their 7on7 football game last night against a "big city" school. That made the drive up there easier to take. I like watching these games because it is basically 2 hand touch and NOT tackle. Busy day today. DS and I are going down to my school to help out with the last Summer Reading Program of the summer and then we both have haircuts, going to the driving range to hit golfballs, stopping at grocery store, finishing up laundry and trying to get organized for the basketball tournament up by Chicago this weekend. DS has weightlifting at 5:00 and then basketball from 7:00-10:00. I don't think these coaches get the concept of "summer vacation" very well. Did pretty well eating yesterday and got in my 2 Mile Walk Away tape and then did the "Ab Sculpt" tape from "The Firm" program I bought. The twinges I am feeling this a.m. assure me that I DO still have ab muscles--they just aren't working! I will persevere! My dad's MRI isn't until 4:45 this afternoon so I will be waiting to hear from them this evening. Thanks for all your kind words and good advice. I passed it all on to my mom and let her work on my dad!
Hope you all have a great day today!

Last edited by AdoAnnie; 07-17-2002 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:11 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good morning Annie, and all to come

Annie your schedule today makes me tired. If Ruth comes on and posts her schedule for today I will be worn out, LOL

Whoever said I would be sore today from my fall yesterday, you were right. My whole left side from my neck to my hip is one big owwiiiee. Nothing too major, just sore.

Liz I was so sad to read your post yesterday about your child. I'm sure July 16th is a very sad day for you.

Need to do lots today, but we will see how far I get. I'm picking Jiff and peachie up from the airport on Friday and my van looks like a bomb exploded in it. Need to clean it out, was supposed to do that last week, but didn't.......surprise, surprise. Have to make a Sam's trip sometime today, the head chaperone for our high school band is not a member of Sam's and we need cups for band camp which begins next week, so I told her I would go with her to get the cups. My house....well that's never done is it. So needless to say I will be a domestic goddess today!!

I need more coffee!

Have a good day all
Debbie
Old 07-17-2002, 07:14 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gee, Annie - wish you could lick this sleep problem.

What a busy board yesterday - 28 posts! Don't you chicks have lives?

Got up at 5 and it was already hot out there. I did a bit of tilling - the pigweed is now about a foot high - and then scrubbed out and refilled the doggie wading pool. Hersh and Lucy are both inb there now soaking their furry butts. They just sit there and look contented - do I hear an Om being hummed? I might join them later today.

A friend from NY State who cottages here is popping in shortly. We plan to walk to the Park and then go for coffee. I could work at the Fair Office the whole darn day but am trying to work in good stuff too. Yesterday's crisis? We got the water report back from the Fair wells and the water is NOT drinkable! Oy! The midway guys (I try not to call them carnies) come in on Monday and we will have to provide bottled water for them. Never mind - I'll just pay the bills and let the property directors fret over the water.

Will check in later - after my day in the trenches!
Old 07-17-2002, 07:14 AM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

not much in plan for me tody except hitting the gym this morning. and finishing the laundry.

Last night DD had a very rude awakening to real life. Her boyfriend of almost 2 years and he has been staying with us for 4 months now (NOT sleeping with her, left his house due to bad situation there) was discovered to have slept with another girl! (they are only 17). I know they were talking and he crying last time i heard. (I went to bed at 11) I wonder how it turned out!!
Old 07-17-2002, 07:27 AM   #5  

Morning Morning Morning!

hmmmmmm Ruth?....I thought pigweed was what grew in my fridge?

Annie, I'll be sending prayers your Dad's way this afternoon! And Liz, big hugs to you too!

And Susan...You and yours need some hugs too!!!

Debbie, hows about a soak in a hot tub? Bet they have one at the hotel!!!! I love hot tubs although I do find it just a TAD annoying when my boobs float up to my chin!

Today I figure out what to take with me on the trip. I am hoping just to pack a carry on...minus the tweezers and scissors so today will be tweezer and scissors day...gee, I guess I DO need a life. When all is said and done, I'll probably have a gazzillion pieces of luggage, none of which have wheels and I will be the one in need of a soak in a hot tub!

why do mole hills become mountains?

have a good one...be grateful for something today!!!!

love,
peach
Old 07-17-2002, 07:45 AM   #6  
workin' my way back down

Morning everyone...... don't have too much planned for today, except finishing off some leftover accounting and tax work - just gotta get that stuff done ... then the client will actually pay me! hooooray .. still gotta come up with lotsa $$ for the repairs! Oh well, it's too early in the morning and wayyyyyyyy too nice out today to think about that now! Also, tonight I have my board meeting for The Ministries (a multi-denominational non-profit organization that runs a food pantry, counselling for many, a short-term shelter for teens who cannot go home, etc etc etc).

Annie - I am exhausted! Your schedule is just too darn much! I'll be sending out good thoughts for your dad today.

Deb - just take it as easy as you can today. Give your bdy a chance to heal (and turn lots of pretty colors!! ) Peach and Jif won't mind a messy van!

Liz - my heart goes out to you and your family.....

Ruth - it's good to see you back...... glad you had a good trip. Don't work too hard on the fair..... BUT, while you're thinking about the water........ drink lots of it (just not from the wells! ) I'm glad to see that you have some time for YOU scheduled with your friend, and not just doing fair stuff!

Oh Sue - your poor dd! I have 2 daughters..... been there with the first and are currently there with the 2nd........ good luck! Just be there with a hug when she needs it, that's really all that you can do for her.

Peachie! You popped in in the middle of me posting! Hey - younger sisters are NOT supposed to step on each other like that
!!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 07:53 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Gotta ship the boss out to a meeting, be right back !!

PIGWEED ??? I think I smoked some of that in high school.

Love, Leens
Old 07-17-2002, 08:25 AM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning ladies,
A kind of hurry up and wait day. I have to wait for the glass guy to come and uninstall my shower door. The insurance CO is sending over and engineer to take a look at the shower and see where the leak is coming from. I want to go watch older boy play a little LAX today if I can get over there. I am also playing 9 holes of golf tonight, and somewhere in this I need dog food and I want to get tickets to a small circus performed by kids. it is called Circus Shmircus. It is out of Vermont and the kids go to camp and the tour to do performances. We have been every year and the kids love it!

My dog Molly had 2 surgeries yesterday. A lymphoma and a growth in her lower eyelid both removed. I hope to be able to pick her up today. Her Sister Hannah is very out of sorts, but because I am out so much of the day it might be better to have her stay. Poor old girl; she is a trooper.

OH!!!! My mother called yesterday and is giving us a trip!!!! She is sending us on the Alaska cruise next summer! What a great gift! It starts way up in Seward and works its way down the coast to end in Vancouver. I am so overwhelmed by such a nice gift!

Ok off to dry my hair....
great day all!

-L
Old 07-17-2002, 08:44 AM   #9  

Good morning all!

Thank you for your kindness and support regarding my loss of Zachary...it is all so much easier to bear when you know others care!

I am off to work for a change.....I have been slacking off so far this summer...time to pay some bills

Have a great day everyone!

Liz
Old 07-17-2002, 08:53 AM   #10  

Default Morning all,

I am home today waiting for the plumber, to fix a leak in the pipe to the ouside, and put in a new outdoor faucet. I have been without water outside for almost 2 weeks and the garden is just about over! I have been hand watering the hanging pots, and a cherry tomato in a pot, but everthing else is on it's own! And it's been hot and dry here

Doing some flylady stuff, and then headed off to have lunch out and maybe shop. Trying for a great food day today! I am discouraged by the scale, but the food cravings are less, I am always grateful for that.

ttyl,
dottie
Old 07-17-2002, 10:29 AM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

Dottie I can fix it. After my experience with the plumbing i feel that there is not much i can not handle. i have offered to go to work for my plumber that i owe money to. LOL can you imangine that??? But i can make good money!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:43 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

Thumbs down

GOOD MORNING ALL

It's so nice to see all of on the board so early this morning. I have to confess that I did not exercise yesterday.I started a new medication this week (Methotrexate) for an immune system condition that I've had since I was 16. It made me alittle nauseated and VERY TIRED yesterday . But I feel much better today. A friend brought me some beautiful strawberries this morning and we had coffee and chatted. It is wonderful to have good friends~they always make you feel better!

So today I will refrane from yard work (which I love) but I will do some weight lifting

Sue~~Thanks for your motivation to exercise. If you can do it, so can I.

Liz~~I hope today is a brighter one for you.

Dottie~~Lunch out and shopping~sounds fun

L~~I hope Mollie is feeling better today. What a great present your Mom is giving you!!!!!!!!

Ruth~~~Have a wonderful walk in the park.

Peach~~Will there be white pants in that luggage??

Debbie~~~I second the vote for the hot-tub suggestion. What color is the hip today??

Annie~~~Where do you get the energy to keep up with your kids??? If it comes in a bottle, I want some.

Everybody have a wonderful day.
~~~Sil
Old 07-17-2002, 11:42 AM   #13  
WW Moderator

Default Replies and stuff

Liz, I am sorry about your baby. I can imagine how hard it still is for you. Thoughts and hugs!!!

Ruthie, can I see the pics at the Yahoo site too? You can mail me the info if it's ok! The thought of your dogs meditating in the pool CRACKED me up. You have such a way with words!

Jiff, congrats on those 4 pounds! How often do you weigh, weekly? I have to get out of this daily thing. Rob used to give me the scales once a week and he would hide them until my week was up. I need to start doing that again.

LindaBC, I tried very hard to do a Low Carb WW. It just didn't calculate for me! Congrats on getting into Ketosis. I think I have a low carb pancake recipe somewhere that might be better and cheaper than the Atkin's mix. I'll try and find it!

Ooh, I just saw Sue's post about oat flour and ricotta...Hey Sue, is that in Miscellaneous!?

I either lost 2 or 3 pounds since I last posted my weight. I know a lot is water, but losing 6 pounds in a week is still something to give me a big kick in the rear. I love feeling in control and satisfied! We might go to Red Lobster tonite as a celebration of the first day of school. Cody goes to year round school (same amount of days, just different schedule) and since Kindergarten we have celebrated the first day of school there. I didn't want to eat it Monday night for fear I would have lost it all over the Gastro on Tuesday, then seafood would be ruined for me forever!
I DID give him a present, but my stomach really was empty like they said it would be, so all he got was my numbing solution I swallowed. Now aren't you glad I mentioned that. I am a great appetite suppresant! Off to work I go.......enjoy your day!!
Old 07-17-2002, 12:22 PM   #14  

Default Carb-free flour?

Check this out on cnn:
http://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/diet....ead/index.html

Its about some doctor who is perfecting carb-free flour. I wonder what that tastes like?

Well today is day 4 of Induction for me. I am becoming obsessed with the scale since I am unsure on how this will all turn out. But.. I have lost 4 pounds! Wow.. weirdness

-Tanya
Old 07-17-2002, 12:59 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

Ricotta Pancakes
4 large eggs
1 c ricotta (if you can't find a good ricotta you may use Philadelphia Soft cream cheese)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/3 c oat flour
1 T melted butter or hazelnut oil
Generous sprinkling of nutmeg
1 packet of Splenda.
Delicious and better than the real thing. Try putting in a 1/4 c of pecans or a 1/4 c of blueberries...use cinnamon and nutmeg combination...how about some crisp crumbled bacon...put in some chocolate shavings...top with some real whip cream...have fun, this is just the starter!

Yes it was in the Miscl under breakfast choices. have to check out the faux cream of wheat