Old 07-04-2002, 10:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Not eating enough

This induction thing is wonderful for suppressing the appetite. I can't stomach food in the morning, so usually I eat around 11 or so. Not this week. Lunch? Not this week. Supper? Well, around 7 or so I FORCE myself to eat something to keep from starving to death. I haven't lost anything, I think I'm suppressing the metabolism and going into that dreaded phase where the body holds onto fat as hard as it can.

HELP! I need something, vitamins, I don't know, to bring back the appetite and the weight loss! How many calories should be the minimum each day? I heard 1500 but I know I didn't come anywhere near that this week.

Any advice appreciated!
Old 07-05-2002, 11:32 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'll move this back into the main Forum so more chicks will give you heck and their opinions!
Old 07-05-2002, 01:18 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I know you do not feel like eating but it is very important to eat. I have had a friend that lost a dress size just by eating more. it does suppress your appetite but you need to eat. you will slow down your metabolism if you do not eat around 1200 - 1500 cals put your food in www.fitday.com that will help you keep tract your intake. then do not eat tons at a time eat some nust, few ahrd boiled eggs, have some ham in the fridge, tuna with mayo. anything just eat!!!!!
Old 07-05-2002, 01:38 PM   #4  

Hmmm--I also had the same problem in the last heat wave and found it very hard to force myself to eat. Here's what I did--I ate something made with Splenda and "tricked" my metabolism into thinking we were hungry. Then I followed that with a big juicy steak and a tossed salad and followed closely with 3 HUGE glasses of water. The thing is that the little bit of metabolism stimulation is good for you, enough make you feel like eating but not over indulging.
Old 07-05-2002, 06:39 PM   #5  

Thanks guys! I know I need more food, but it's just sickening to think about meat or eggs in this 100+ degree heat. I'm plugging away at it small bits at the time. Today I have eaten 3 times so I think that's a good thing! Splenda, huh? Gotta try that one, Pook!
Old 07-05-2002, 07:12 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

then go for COLD food, darlin!!!! cheese. sliced ham. deviled eggs. cottage cheese. tofu for crying out loud. marinated in some balsami vinegar and added to a salad... that works for me!!

you're going into starvation mode here, and that's not a good thiing... did you EVER think you'd live to see the day that people would actually be urging you to eat????
Old 07-05-2002, 09:09 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Seeeeee! Toldja!!!!!
And you thought you could sneak this one into FAQ without getting lectured!
Old 07-05-2002, 09:41 PM   #8  

Talking All lectures asked for/appreciated/followed closely!!

This site is like a big think tank, with everyone having a great idea or problem solver! Thanks for caring!

P.S. Bought some EAS meal replacements at wally-world, where they now sell Atkins products. Hmmmmm. . . seems I heard they had waaaaay more carbs than the label says. Also picked up some great cold items (think egg-salad, cucumbers in sour cream, and cheese) so I should make it through the weekend. Will update later (or whine that I'm ravenous ) and I'm loving that people are telling me to eat!
Old 07-05-2002, 10:13 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

Default AHEM!!!!

EAS also makes LOW CARB protein shakes. and so do myoplex, met-rx, isopure, and others...
Old 07-05-2002, 10:28 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

The carbs that thy are refering to are the sugar alcohols and the UUMM a brain glitch it is late and i do not think well this late. but those things have a negligabble effect on the raising of the blood sugar. that is why they say they have less carbs than not. some people do great with them and others can get triggered with the sweet taste of thinking they are eating sugar and get either stalled or start cravings. but the purpose of this woe is to decrease the insulin responce and that is what these things do. the best thing is to try them if you stall or have cravings then stop and save them for a rainly day when there is no time for food. I have 2 eas low carb bars cookie and cream in my freezeer just for that purpose. the have about 3 carbs each
Old 07-05-2002, 10:29 PM   #11  
WW Moderator

Default did somebody say cheese?

Oooh, cheese is my passion. Try some blocks of Havarti or slices of brie. I don't know what level of low carb you are doing...can you eat fruit? Berries and brie are the best! If not, try bitesize blocks of cheese, dipped in mustard or melted and crispy! You can buy a variety of mustards at the store. Some semi-soft cheese would be a nice change maybe! Laughing Cow and brie, etc. If you want a whang, try some Jarlsberg or baby swiss. Cheese is gooooood...
Old 07-05-2002, 11:39 PM   #12  

Talking I'm drooling now! Cheese, cheese, CHEESE

One of my favorites!

Ahem--I should have been more specific. I bought 3 bars and 2 different kinds of shake. Tried strawberry cream yet? I'm scared to taste it, tell the truth!

The only Atkins product they had was a huge container of French Vanilla shake mix. Not having tasted it yet, I wasn't too sure about buying it in bulk The only other brand they had was slim-fast so I guess I'll have to shop around.

I'm really full now, by the way! Thanks for the advice and concern.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:58 AM   #13  
workin' my way back down

Goodforme -- I am fortunate because I live near the Atkins store, so I can try products w/o having to buy large quantities (because of shipping charges ) -- anyhow, my friend uses the vanilla shake - but she buys the ready made ones. They are very expensive (4 cans for $10) but she says they are soooo delicious that she "saves" them for emergency use only. I gotta say, I'm a chocoholic - I tried the chocolate ready-mades --- WOWOWOWOW!!! they are so delicious that I could see gaining 20 lbs from them!!! I use them on days when I have to travel from 1 work site to another, with no time to sit and eat my salad. BUT, I bought the can of shake mix (also in chocolate) and it is AWFUL!!!!! I can hardly choke it down it tastes so bad! So, basically, what I am trying to say is that if you don't like the shake mix, but need the occasional convenience of a shake - try to find the cans... sometimes "regular" stores (like Target or GNC) carry them.
Old 07-06-2002, 07:15 AM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

Shake girls check the recipe section for shake recipes Ior in the FAQ there are some awsome shakes.

for my self i have tried the atkins premade strawberry. I froze it for a trip and well it was delicious but the choc premade left a lot to be desired. then i bought the strawberry powder atkins and well it was not as good But the carb sloution vanilla was dleicious and the choc as not bad. You also can add berries to the vanilla shakes to add some great anti oxident power, and fiber for very little carbs. that is why i prefer the vanilla. you can add some hershy choc for very little carbs too or some cocoa with a little nutrasweet for almost free chocolate flavor. so reccomend the vanilla no matter what you can mask the flavor!!!!

the i had a tought ime and decided to buy a EAS protein powder mix and checked labels and checked and then ended up uying one that was higer carb than i liked and well it was awfyl!! thank god i had dedcided with the price not otherwise (it was cheaper) .

but let me check the PP board. they have more awsome shake recipes. and soam really fantastic PP bar recipes too. I will have to do a search but if i do not get to it today them reminde me next saturday. ( am leaving tomorrow) but for noe eating enough that is really important to atleast get your min protein requirement in or you will start to use yor muscles for wnergy!1 and that will slwo the metabolism down faster than you can spit!!!
Old 07-06-2002, 08:18 AM   #15  
Old Cackler

a tip i found out last night on spotlight health: some people are making pots of decaf coffee, refrigerating it, and then mixing in vanilla protein powder and some milk. they're saying that it tastes like an iced cappucino!!!

so, i'm going to experiment a little. so far, if i mix a small spoon of good unsweetened cocoa, some sweetener, and about 2 tsp of FF, SF chocolate pudding mix in with my chocolate shake, it's actually very good. oh. and a few ice cubes because i like these things really cold.

now, that chocolate in with the coffee... maybe that'll be just fabulous.. i'll keep you posted.