Old 05-20-2002, 05:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Daily - Monday, May 20

Good Morning, Chickies! Everybody up! We have a clear and cold morning out there. However, this house is really hot - I snuck the furnace on yesterday and forgot to turn it off at bedtime. Sure feels like summer in here this morning.

Well, I had myself a bit of a pity party yesterday morning which included peanut butter on toast, a bath, a nap and skipping Church. Hershey joined me for the last two. I don't know what it was but I was really blue - too darn old to blame it on PMS! Life looks much better this morning.

Going to potty and feed the pooches and will check in later.
Help yourself to coffee.
Old 05-20-2002, 05:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, Ruth. You did the right thing. Always treat yourself extra specially nice when you're blue, you deserve it. If I were there, I'd give you the most monsterish hug....
Old 05-20-2002, 05:49 AM   #3  
Big Loser

Good Monday morning Ruth and all those to come!!

Up and ready to head to the Y...made a committment to go 4 days this week and jumpstart my metabolism. I am also going to go ahead and try Suzanne Somers plan. I reread most of the book last night it is quite locarb and my sisinlaw has lost 47 lbs on it....

Stayed up later than usual watching Survivor, why I do that I will never know, gotta sneak out of work early to get DS to Karate. THis is his first organized activity and he is very excited.

RUth-I am sorry you were feeling blue, I hope today is a better day!

Make it a great one!!!!!
Old 05-20-2002, 07:19 AM   #4  
workin' my way back down

Good Morning to all ...

Ruth - I'm glad that everything looks better today - those blue days can really s*ck big time!
I wish that I had tried your furnace trick yesterday..... my house is FREEZING this morning Oh well, I shouldn't be sticking around here anyhow - gotta go get dressed and out of here, no time for treadmill -
Have a great day all...... catch you later......
Old 05-20-2002, 08:03 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

here ya go, ruth. have a nice cup of coffee with some heavy cream. put your feet up. it'll be ok. i promise.

and scooby, does this mean you are rider-less??? congratulations!!! and those little kids in karate gees [ghees? don't know how to spell it!!] are so adorable!

great to see you posting, sam and rosie's grandma. you've been a very busy woman the past couple of weeks.

and nora, what's going on with you????

nothing much here. a pleasant weekend, except for a bad cold. it's going away, though. sat down yesterday and paid a whole bunch of bills [yuck!!!] these freelance checks are very very helpful!!!

oh. peachie and i have new dos!!! she looks fabulous, and i have no more grey!

off to work!!! mom and i went out to lunch on saturday and dinner last night, so i have PILES of leftovers!!!! even if mom eats some of them, there's probably enough for both of us for most of the week!!!

i still can't get over the nagging feeling that i'm doing something wrong, but the scale completely disagrees!! so, what do i trust? my instincts?? or the scale????
Old 05-20-2002, 08:44 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Hope everyone had a good weekend, mine was good, cleaned, laundry, food shopped (ick), the usual. Made a great turkey yesterday, I swear I found the key to cooking a juicy turkey......and I'm not telling Why does stuffing give you gas? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... okay I'm being silly and i'm sure you all didn't want to hear that.

Can you believe we had freakin frost last night, we lost a few veggie plants..... WEIRD WEATHER

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone !!
Love, Leens
Old 05-20-2002, 08:49 AM   #7  

Good day all! The weekend continues here in Canada! I am working though and it will be a busy week.....working right through to next Monday...will look forward to my time off this ummer, but not my high school reunion in July because I can't seem to get back at the weight loss wagon...back at it today!

Why when things are going good do I insist on self destruction! Liz
Old 05-20-2002, 09:44 AM   #8  

Good morning!
It'd cold again this morning and I put all the kid's winter clothing away and let the gas logs fireplace in the kitchen run out of juice. So it's Freezing! I'm hanging out downstairs by the K-1 heater. The kids are in pajamas till it warms up. I'm taking note, this is my first Spring in the mountains. Next year I'll leave warm clothes out till mid-June just in case.

So today starts my second six week challenge. I'm getting myself all psyched up. I read through my journals-tried to identify what worked and what didn't in the last six weeks. I'm going shopping today, doing meal plans this morning for the week. Organization is essential to my success.

Does anyone here follow the Fly-Lady program for keeping a clean house???

I decided to <gulp> take some pictures this time to reference when I need a little encouragement. I'm a bit camera shy. I have taken an oath to check weight every two weeks and not as often as I would like (2 or 3 times a day) so maybe the pictures will help me see that I'm shrinking without attatching a number.

Well, my mind is full of plans and possibillities this morning isn't it?

I hope you are all doing really well.
Ruth- be sweet to yourself.
Leens- roasted turkey is on my meal plan this week- so do tell, what's your moistness secret??

Have a graet great day!!
Old 05-20-2002, 09:47 AM   #9  

Morning ladies,

Playing the single mom this week. Dh is in Belgium for a 2 hour presentation, but he needs to be gone for 4 days! Glad the situation is only temporary, I do not know how single moms can do it, I give them a lot of credit.

I blew my program a bit this weekend with a little wine. But I am back at it today with loads of gusto. And now, thank to Ruth, I am looking at a new goal, and loosing 50 lbs sounds so much better that 80!

Liz, class reunions can be great motivators, go for it!

Leens, I have never heard of stuffing giving anyone gas

Jif, normally I would say to go with your instincts, but if the scale is proving them wrong, I would go with the scale. A few years ago, my instincts would have told me that lc would never work, I guess that our instincts to have to be fine tuned as we gain knowledge.

SamsG have fun on the treadmill.

Scooby, what is the latest carpooling story. Did you give her the boot!

Ruth, we skipped church yesterday also, it was dh last hours with us and I wanted him to spend time with the boys.

staying op

Old 05-20-2002, 01:22 PM   #10  

Horrible wet and snowing!!!!! weekend here--very sad holiday Monday that's all I can say. Have just completed most of the house cleaning and maintenance tasks, now goes on the continuing saga of laundry.

Not much on the agneda today--nap time is looking really good right now. Tomorrow is a busier day--have some thank-you notes to get out to those who got Miree a birthday present, a quick run inot the gym and mow of the back lawn. I only hopw it's nice enough to do it!

Have a good one everyone!
Old 05-20-2002, 03:09 PM   #11  
Only 150 lbs. to goal!

Default It's so windy here today....

It almost makes me glad I'm heavy! NO fear of being swept away by the huricane force winds

I hope every one had a good weekend. It was sure great chatting on Saturday with those who could make it.

I have to go, but will be back to reread the posts more carefully.

Love and success to all,
MB
Old 05-20-2002, 03:14 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Thats why I love posting here, you guys crack me up !!

Sundrop, there's really no secret, I buy butterball turkey. I make sure I put about an inch or two of water at the bottom of the pan and I seal the top with foil, tight. I do not open it at all, not even to baste it. This keeps the moisture in and it comes out great. I think the turkey was about 18 lbs, not sure but I cooked it at 350 for 3 hours 15 minutes...it was a little frozen but not much. It was very tender....drool !!!

Dondar, I put celery and onions in my stuffing...waaaal laaah GAS. ROFLMFAO..... gotta get those veggies in some how haaaaaaaaaaaa. Oh and the mushroom gravy with REAL FRESH mushrooms, sauted in butter. Yup thats why I'm fat

Liz, HS reunion.........my 20th is this year and I refuse to go, those people sucked in HS, they sucked at our 10th reunion and I'm sure nothing has changed since then, they probably still suck lol ......... gee don't I sound aweful I was a fat unwanted teenager and my days in school wern't fun as you can all imagine.

Have a wonderful day.

Love, Leens
Old 05-20-2002, 06:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hey everybody!

Say it with me now: "MONDAY SUX!!!!"

That tells you how my day's been. Got up late, been behind all day, and now I'm home and staring at Mt. Laundry and "What's for dinner, mom?" and all I want to do is take a nap.

These days I don't have the gumption to get up and do anything. Not even yard work, and I worked so hard to plant the dang garden! All the flowers are going to die and I don't even care!

Well, as I am in a foul mood and not good company, I'm gonna take a walk. And have a long talk with myself, while I'm at it! Ya'll have a great day!
Old 05-20-2002, 07:44 PM   #14  
www.youtube.com/bsbuntin

S/C/G: 251/seeticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default New

Hello Everyone ! This is my first post.. My current weight is 192 and my goal is 145 . I have read Atkins, Sugar Busters, Carb Addict, and the Zone. I think I get it now. HeHE . I love this website. I think this is gonna help me alot

USAlady
Old 05-20-2002, 08:05 PM   #15  
Old Cackler

Default you go USA!!!!!!

such enthusiasm!!! you might give all us old folks the vapors!!!

and welcome to the chicky-est group on 3fc!! post early. post often. heartaches welcome. husband problems solved. and all for a nickel. just like lucy van pelt.

and what part of indiana are you in? mom is from liberty center, a suburb of bluffton [if you can consider bluffton big enough to have suburbs!!!!]