Old 02-15-2002, 08:25 AM   #1  

Default Step Into Spring Challenge!

Well, we've finished our last challenges and so here's the latest one--goes to March 31st--our 6 week intensive spring challenge!

Starting Weight this morning: 214

End of week 1:213

Just remember to be OP, exercise regularly and drink drink drink your water! Now who's with me?

Last edited by Pooky; 02-22-2002 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-15-2002, 09:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Start of Week 1

OK - I'm in! This means that I will have to weigh, I guess. Got the scale out this morning and am up one pound - roast beef last night. So much for giving up weighing for Lent!

So here goes:
Feb 15 - 208
Feb 22
Mar 1 - 212 - How the heck did that happen!
Mar 8
Mar 15
Mar 22
Mar 31 202 - ROFLOLPIMP! Maybe 206?

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 03-01-2002 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:14 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I can not state a weight loss i just gaine d4 this week from the water with salt and ham so I just want to be OP. and exercise and to be in my size 12"s solidly!!! 6 weeks???
Old 02-15-2002, 01:08 PM   #4  

I'm with you Pooky!
I haven't weighed for awhile, but will tomorrow.
My goal is to lose at least ten pounds. That seems reasonable in six weeks I think. I'm going to Arizona for spring break, so I have all kinds of incentive. Gotta be more comfortable in those shorts!

Thanks for starting this Pooky.
Chickadee
Old 02-16-2002, 08:34 AM   #5  

HI all...I have been around almost daily but have not logged in. I have to get in on one of these challenges because my weight has been going the wrong way the past several weeks...I am so out of routine in everyway. I want to be down 10-15 lbs in 6 weeks...Liz
Old 02-18-2002, 07:32 AM   #6  

Well Pooky, I think this was a successful challenge for me!

Feb 15 - 212.5
Feb 22 - 211.0
Mar 1 - 211.0 (still)
Mar 8 - 208
Mar 15 - 205.5!
Mar 22 - 203.5
Mar 31 - 202 - Oh Yeah!

MINUS 10.5 Thanks for the challenge Pooky, you really helped me with a great jumpstart to my program!

Looking forward to the Mother's Day challenge!

Last edited by DonDar; 04-04-2002 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-18-2002, 08:02 AM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

I thought I saw on a sign in front of a church yesterday

Jesus was in the desert for 40 days and did not fall.........

Kind of puts a new thought on this lent season....
Old 02-18-2002, 08:26 AM   #8  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

I'm in! My goal is to stay OP & exercise at least 6 days a week. I know the pounds and inches will fall off if I stick to it.

Good luck!

Jennifer
Old 02-18-2002, 08:59 AM   #9  

Glad to see we've got a great membership i the new challenge! Today's goal for me is to fight off the popcorn urges and get back OP. I have been drinking my water like a good girl, but I know that the exercise was a bust for me last week due to illness.

To be really honest, I felt like a fool last week at the gym and it's been on my mind since then. I was with my pt and she wanted me to do some exercises that I know I can't do yet without hurting myself. Since this was the first session in practice, we were gauging what would work and wahat wouldn't for me. In the midst of one of my protestations, some lady 2 machines over pipes in and says that she thought the same way 8 weeks ago and if I just listen to my tp then I would be able to do it! Then she proceeded to tell me that she also couldn't do it when she started and now she can. Then a lady in the machine next to us also chimed in and said the exact same thing. Worse yet--my pt agreed with them and I felt completely alienated and like such an idiot. First off, both women speaking to me were at least 80-90 pounds lighter than me, and wrose yet--the one woman that spoke first I found out later was my doctor's wife! Needless to say, I feel really embarrassed and angry and I don't know if I want to rush back in the gym too quick without drawing some unwanted criticism. Has this ever happened to you and how did you handle it?
Old 02-18-2002, 05:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Ooooooooooh, Pooky!

I HATE those well-intentioned SKINNY people! But, in this case, they may be right. You may not think you can do this particular exercise, but maybe you can. They wanted you to know that they felt the same way the first time they were confronted with it. It is embarrassing, especially to me, who will not go ANYWHERE in public unless I bring a friend. I don't want people watching me exercise because I feel like a fool. Even at home, when my mom or DD see me, I blush. But, I feel like you should have snapped off some sarcastic comment about her having 8 weeks to practice. See, sometimes I'm so mean!
Old 02-18-2002, 07:33 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

OH gosh Pooky. I can feel for you. I would hold my head up high and march right back in there (but at a different time) when doing the exercises I can understand where you are coming from. I wish that i knew what exercises that you were trying to do. Your PT should not be pushing you to do something that you are not able to do. . You may be able to do that exercise but if you feel that it is to much for you then a modified version may be what you need to do you should be worked into it. like knee bends or doing something with weights, if you are unsteady then you may fall and get hurt, so i would try what she is saying but tell her that you really want to stick to the basics and not try to over strain your knees, or joints at this time, they have not been worked that hard in many years so for a while just stick to the very basic, you are a very beginner and should be tgreated like one. if she does not like that then i would report her to the manager and tell them you need antoher trainer

Good luck with that

I did lower body weights today and I think i did a great job!!! tomorow is my PT day hopefully upperbody as i did the lower today!!!
Old 02-18-2002, 08:21 PM   #12  

Hi Sue, no it wasn't the trainer that was the problem, she knew what my limitations were, it was the budinski's who knew my body better than me! I'm sure I'll get over it but I still have a case of injured pride...
Old 02-19-2002, 10:28 AM   #13  

Default Pooky, my friend....

I just read your post about those asinine people who stuck their noses into your exercise program and I'm so angry! You know your body better than they do! I have had that trouble with physical therapists and some doctors. How the H*## do they know what hurts and what doesn't when they haven't lived in your body! With my body, cold packs just tighten my muscles, but try to tell them that! Heat helps so much more, probably cause those muscles were injured by polio.

I can only tell you what I would do now. I would speak with your personal trainer privately. Quietly tell her your limitations and, yes, your fears too. If she or he cannot respect them, tell her to look me up and I'll beat the facts into 'em with my cane! Seriously, tell he or she that you'll submit a complaint to the gym.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:21 AM   #14  

Hey Pooky: I am with goodforme...don't listen to any of the skinny people...what the heck do they know!

Listen to yourself and the heck with the rest of them...I spend a good part of my life feeling like I am on the outside looking in...feel like I am from another planet and all that jazz...

Have a great day and let us know how things go at the gym! Liz
Old 02-19-2002, 09:31 PM   #15  

Hi!

I hope it's not too late to join you all. I check in with the Inspiration Angels (under "Buddy Up!"), but I do need to focus on a mid-range goal. In the wake of Valentine's Day I haven't been horrible, but I have been sloppy, and I don't want to lose momentum. This morning I was 229, I want see 220 by March 31. I'm high-protein, "conscious" carbs. I was doing pretty good all year, but lately I've been succumbing to the urge to snarf down the cookies and chocolate that's always in my office! Help! I'm working out most days, which feels great.

Tomorrow will be a good day for me, and I hope for you too! Bye! jaelynn