Old 03-27-2002, 07:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Daily - Wednesday, March 27

Happy Hump Day!

We are snowed in! The white stuff came down for almost 24 hours and it's Winter Wonderland again. The "girls" came in just covered with snowballs and have spent the last half hour cleaning each other off. Hershey is still mothering Lucy - that puppy will have the cleanest ears in Ontario.

Well, I think I may have stretched my limits a bit too far yesterday with going to the Office for 2 hours, then making lunch and then driving to the Library. Arm is darn sore and aching this morning so today will be a "no work" day. DH knows he is in charge of life for the next 24 hours - as in making meals and letting dogs in and out. What else is there to life? I intend to sit and read all day - at least that is the plan.

Am still having problems typing so will just say Happy Wednesday.

And remember ....the challenge weigh-in is Sunday!
Old 03-27-2002, 07:47 AM   #2  

Morning, Ruth- rest up and eat protein, OK?

Just a quick hi, on my way out the door-

Last 4 days before Pooky's challenge- I am committed to staying focused! I have to put this first again-

have a great one,
dottie
Old 03-27-2002, 07:59 AM   #3  

Just a quick fly by for me too!

Ds is home sick with a fever and I need to leave work at 9:00 so dh can go to work (his job is just a bit more important to be at than mine). Although he is sick Don is very dissapointed in not being able to attend class. Today they are having a pajama party read-in and a pizza party All in half a day! I do have to deliver celery sticks with peanut butter stars on them.

Have a great op day
Old 03-27-2002, 09:36 AM   #4  
Big Loser

Morning ladies...I am feeling a little poorly myself today. So I stayed home from work........

DS is gone to my brotherinlaws so it is very quiet with just DD. Her babysitter is here so she has been leaving me alone.

Even skipped the Y this am very unusual!!!

Talk to you all later.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:05 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Just a quickie here too !! gee that sounds familiar

Its sunny here in NJ today, we got some needed rain but not enough for them to call off the drout warnings.

Getting ready for Easter Dinner with the family this weekend. Went to costco's yesterday and bought some yummy stuff like a chocolate babka, nummy !!!! Thats a jewish bread thats almost like a cake, it comes in many flavors like cheese or raisin or both. My mother grew up with it in her house so every Easter we make sure we have it with dinner.

Back to work
Have a wonderful day all !!

Love Leens
Old 03-27-2002, 11:27 AM   #6  

Do you think I look fat in these ears? What about the tail? too fluffy?

Been spending the past two days getting the boys stuff ready for Easter and I think that I am just about done....except I am not quite sure what to do with my hair... tuck them behind my ears? The tail? well, I have gotten kind of used to it! Wait till dh finds out that I raided his coin stash to use to fill some of the boys eggs.....gonna have to find some big time gauze to stuff my ears with

ok, I am done, really, I'll behave.

Thank you all for your kind words about the big kid! The thing that pleases me most is that he is being quite humble about the whole thing...which makes me even prouder!!!

Jenny, hope your little one feels better soon. I bet you got great news from your son's teachers yesterday.

L....Passover begins tonight? Happy Passover to you and yours! You are having Seder at your house? for 18? Yikes!

Not much else is new, I just don't know where all my time goes lately!!!

have a good one chickies!
peach

"I hope, and I pray for Hester to win just one more A"

I have been listening to way too much "music man" lately and can not get that phrase out of my head! So......I had the need to share!

OUCH! Ruth! I do believe you ARE gaining strength in your good wing

really done!

Last edited by peach pit; 03-27-2002 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:11 PM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Afternoon All,
Seder at my house in about 4 hours. I am good to go with everything done except the lemons and limes to be cut. 18... I wish...we have 30 coming and friends will bring son home from school and be here about 3:30. Food should be here (Aunt and uncle are caterers and bring all the food) about 3 pm and the house will smell good too. looking forward to matzos ball soup, brisket and chopped liver ( a secret fave!).

Have a great day all and I will check in later to see if any of you are feeling better. i hope it is not contagious through the key board!

Be Well,
-L
And Happy Passover to all that observe.
Old 03-27-2002, 05:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Hello everyone!

Had a major heart attack when I went to get dd from babysitter today. Nobody was home!! No call or anything, I would assume it's a quick jaunt through the neighborhood. However, 30 minutes later they are still not back. Worry worry worry!! Finally she comes home just a minute ago, I was ready to call the police. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I choke that babysitter or what??

Had a typical Wednesday, slooooooooooooow and boring. Got lots of paperwork done, and managed to keep busy and NOT snack. At all. All day. Now I'm starving! Off to find some dinner.

Have a wonderful evening!!
Old 03-27-2002, 11:38 PM   #9  

Talking I'm still living!!

Well, I think I blew the Spring Challange Oh well tomorrow is yet another day.

Sorry I havent been around as of late but I am back! I have had a very busy week .. back and forth to meetings and appointments... getting everyone's visits arranged for the Easter holidays .. and dealing with schools. Next week looks just as crazy as this past one!! Tuppie (my cat) appears to be getting a bit better, but follow up xrays and blood work will confirm that .. I know the vet would like to see her sooner rather than later. I know that if I am short for $ she will just bill me Thank goodness cuz I dont get paid for another week.

The kids are still as crazy as ever .. but I have a new god send .. a child care worker 18 hours per week .. 72 hours a month!!! Maybe I can get back into my quilting classes!!!!!!!! I did one sampler quilt and have been playing around with another one just on my own .. keeps me happily distracted So maybe I can find a class that will begin soon.

My mother begins a new medication for her arthritis tomorrow. I guess its pretty expensive (almost $2000.00) a treatment. My brother who is a doctor said that this is the best treatment out there. So I will be keeping my fingers, toes and whatnots crossed for her. She is in so much pain. She is truely my hero and bestfriend. She should have been in a wheelchair years ago but keeps on going with few complaints. This winter has been the worst as she refused to go to Arizona due to Sept 11 .. she needs to be in the dry climate and this is the first year she hasnt gone in 9 years.

Ruth - Do take it easy .. don't over do it .. relax. sit back and mend .. dont forget I will be needing your gardening expertise very soon I hope

Goodforme - Thank god they we're ok .. I would speak with the BS and let her know to call!!

L - Can't wait to hear how it all went .. you sound so excited!!

Hope everyones little & big guys are feeling better .. just remember to take care of you too!!!

By for now
Laura