Old 03-12-2002, 06:48 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Default Tuesday MArch 12th

Good morning!

Just got back from the Y. Kind of crowded this morning. Raniy but warm here today. I am sooo ready for spring!!

Send good thoughts my way I have a job interview this morning!!!

Talk to you all later!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 07:39 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good thoughts for the interview, Rachel. Maybe you should have borrowed my metal bra and chicken purse. I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead without the props.

Welcome to Stilltrying and Good For You, Goodforme, in directing her here. Best place on the site - but then I'm prejudiced.

Goomba, do you think March break is a good time to try to wean yourself off coffee?

Admin Stuff
Once again let me remind you not to depend on your bookmark to get to this message board. Suzanne has posted about this in Announcements. Sure would hate to lose any of you Chickies if the server moves us around! www.3fatchicks.com will always be available but the address of the individual boards can and will change.

More Admin Stuff
Another thing - as Moderator I now have access to everyone's email addy. However, I will not give your addy to another chick without first sending you an email for permission. Sound fair?

Crabby Clucking
Well, if this is old age, I hate it! I am aching all over this morning and have a heating pad on my back and an ice pack on my shoulder with two Advil in my tummy. Have not even started to deal with my scraped knee and elbow! Methinks a full body transplant is the only hope so I am saving my egg money for a trip to Brazil where they apparently can fix anything. (Hmmmm - maybe I can sell the email addies. )

A friend just emailed me that he is coming down this morning for a coffee. I am planning to get him to help me with lugging for the Easter Egg thingie on Friday. Guess I'd better make real coffee!

Bye For Now

Crabby Old Hen
Old 03-12-2002, 08:13 AM   #3  

Morning Scooby, Ruth and all you lovely chickies to come.

Don has his third grade musical program tonight, so looking forward to it. Other than that it is a quiet night. DH will not be there as he will be at a baseball meeting selecting players for his team. He is there with the attitude that the boys should have fun, he claims a lot of them are cut throats out there to win. I know winning is fun, but should not be the focus at 9 years of age.

Pooky, I will not do the tiling myself, thanks for the wise words of advise.

Goomba best of luck with the coffee switch, give it time.

Ruth thanks for the admin reminders. I always go in through 3fatchicks. I am glad you have our email addresses, just in case of disaster.

Scooby, keeping my fingers crossed today for your interview.

Peachie, May is a bit early for me to go to the zoo, my boys are in school until 6/7.

Stay op, and sending op wishes to all
Old 03-12-2002, 08:18 AM   #4  

Morning Scooby! Good luck on that interview!
Morning Ruth! I hope those aches go away soon...sending medicinal spirits your way.

Keeping the little guy home from school today and he is still sleeping. I know he has the sniffles but his ear is sort of concerning me. I took him to the doctor last week and there were signs of things to come...I think they might be blooming today! Of course the doctor we have always taken him to does not exept our insurance anymore sojust to walk in there costs $110.00. They know him and his quirks, but I think that we are going to have to find another dr.

Will spend the day catching up on e mail and stuff! The scale is not moving this week and it is starting to cause me to be fussy and cranky...actually it IS moving...but in the wrong direction Hate that!

Will pump some water, I am not too good at that!

Welcome Still trying and Good for You! Post alot so we can get to know you!

peach
ps....Morning Jenny! Love your dh take on baseball....it SHOULD be fun!!!! Wish my kid could play on your dh's team! The zoo? We really don't have any clue yet as to what we are doing...but I will push for after the middle of June !

Last edited by peach pit; 03-12-2002 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:11 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone!

Don't have much to share and can only stay for a brief moment. I have SO much to do today that I am besides myself. Used to have visions of culinary school, but seems I'm an entrepeneur these days. My thing is that I'm so afraid of failure that the initial investment of my money really, really scares me.

Staying op. Clothes getting looser. Really remembering the "it's LOW carb, not NO carb". Seems to really help!

Hope you all have a great and groovy day! Keep smiling!
Old 03-12-2002, 01:17 PM   #6  
Senior Chicky

Thumbs down Happy Tuesday Y'all !!

A beautiful springlike day in Houston. A nice day to get out and about and enjoy the warmth of sunshine ~ however ~ being 3 months behind in converting files, etc., and with a pending audit - not going to happen!

Hey Peachie~ Just remember one thing ~ Now, if you're sitting across from me during this egg blowing, I'm sitting across from you too! Now, in wanting those seating arrangements, you must ask yourself.....is it cause I want to egg her? or trust her?

Scooby~Fingers, toes and eyes crossed on your job interview! Let us know soon as you can!

DonDar~Your DH is soooo right about jr baseball being fun! When my boys played a couple of the coaches were know for their "motivational skills & attitudes" (not!) I must admit that I finally opened my mouth to one! Due to the reprocusions I guess it's a good thing it was the last years the boys played! So, good for your DH in having the right attitude!

Chickadee~ Just for you our chick yard poet !

LC is our favorite place to come roost
to laugh or cry ~ Give each other a boost

Chick with her wise words that rhyme
Peach with her wit ~ Offer smiles each time

Ruth has her bra and chicky purse ready
Luvs us but won't share Raul or her Eddy

Jenny with her sweetness & luv for her boys
Pooky & her house decorating joys

We have non sister to Peach our sweet Jif
we laugh at their occasional loving sibling riff

Nasus who offers so much knowledge and care
Linda BC with tales of her DD and cuts of her hair

Scooby we feel for with her job woes
I picture Leenie tickling sweet Gracies toes

Tippy who offers so much insight and truth
MamaJ's problems with stress? Pass the vermouth

We have sweet Kel, kids, pets and sometime SH
and Jenni with not much time for words to be said

That Girl and Casey are back and we're so glad
DebKay doing well after the surgery she had

Love the sports mom talk from our friend AdoAnn
Our prayers for Keiri who we worred about in Japan

Good4me, aren't you the Kareake Queen?
And brave Goomba who cares for a troubled teen

And of course there is Dottie always here for us
Suzanne and Jennifer who won't let us cuss

JHP who inspires us & shows it can be done
Mcmom's Avon walk will help others & much fun

There are others we miss and think of each day
wish they could find time to stop in and say Hay

To Suzanne and Jennifer our great Mama Hens
Thanks to you we're all cyber friends

OKOKOK ~~ Not quite the poet that Chicky is, BUT ..it was fun!

Last edited by MamaJ; 03-12-2002 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:21 PM   #7  

Default I'm so impressed!!!!

Janice, that was GREAT!

Sweet Kel
Old 03-12-2002, 02:41 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Whoooo Hooooo Jnaice you make me hang my head in shame as I have not been so active lately. busy with the kids!!! bosycouts and all the house stuff.

DD has decided she wante me to home school her and well she is refusing to go to school. so how do i tell her that she has to go??? she is 16 and legaly does not have to go. so if I want her to have an education I must do it, and she is willing but just not in school. So that is where I am. now I have to comptete with her for time as a result I am not as free as i wanted to be. so i limit my time here.

Boyscouts is taking a huge dive in the busy time!!! (just working on a project for that now)

House has been rearranged so i still have a huge mess to clean up from that!!! so I am here but just not as bvisable.

Diet has been sliping with my absence but i am getting back OP and well almost there and doing fairly well!!! (just ate a ton of meatballs for lunch)
Old 03-12-2002, 03:45 PM   #9  

OMG Janice, you are one fab-o poet! That was wonderful. I've said it before and I have to say it again, I think we have to share the title of Lo-Carb Poet Laureate! I think we need to include Casey in that title too, because her Haiku was topnotch.

It's so nice to have you back!
Chickadee
Old 03-12-2002, 04:04 PM   #10  

Good afternoon everyone,

Thank you for the welcoming words. I think I better try to become a little more computer literate if I am to do this without losing my sanity or eating a box of Twinkies (stress eating anyone?) I just wrote a novel and when I tried to submit it, I was "told" I was not signed in, but I did that before I started writing. When I signed in again, it indicated that I did not specify a thread but I had started out HEREeeee. THen I could not get my narrative back. Whine, sniff, pout...Perhaps by the time I managed to get all my toughts in order it "de-registered" me? Oh, I hate technology. I want my inkwell, quill and blotter!

So, I'll try to work on this and perhaps I can actually participate without feeling like a dolt...

Now I better post this before I get kicked off again. I just wanted you to know that I appreciated the warm wards of encouragement and welcome.

Sincerely yours,

ST
Old 03-12-2002, 06:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hello, hello, hello!!

This new attitude I have taken to work is really working! Today flew by too, just like yesterday. That's fun, because usually I cannot wait for 5:00. Anyway, I just decided to let whatever that SH says to me roll right off me, because I have noticed that HE feels like crap afterwards. Ha, ha! I refuse to feel like crap if he's going to do it for me!! I'll show him a thing or two, hmmmmmmm.

I'm so happy we have such a talented group here! Poems and limericks and jokes and even a fashion designer (remember that?) and a laugh a minute. I just love you guys!

Have a great evening!
Old 03-12-2002, 06:53 PM   #12  

Janice, that was the best! You are truly gifted!
Old 03-12-2002, 07:09 PM   #13  

Janice! That was amazing!

I want you to know that you got me posting! I haven't been feeling great- multiple nightmares at work for about a week- and I just came to "lurk" and see what everyone is up to-

Well, I thought, if Janice can take the time to compose that wonderful poem, I can at least take a few minutes to say hi and thank her! You are very talented!

Now I have to go back and find the haiku from Casey!

have a good night-

dottie

ps- things are resolving at work now, and I am feeling better- nothing life or death, just a bunch of pain in the a** problems and people!
Old 03-12-2002, 07:55 PM   #14  

Janice that was wonderful!

Going to be VERY busy this week--got called inot work for the whole week now as one of our regulkar teachers had an adverse reaction to antibiotocs and is now at home sick and all blothy red! Euugh! I'm a tired Pooky right now so just so you know, I love ya all in spirit but this week I may not get online as much as I would like.

Have a good one.....(YAWN!) ...g'night....
Old 03-12-2002, 09:44 PM   #15  
Senior Chicky

Hey still ~~~ ~ I apologize that my poem did not include you personally or many others. Please don't take that as a slight.

Thanks guys for your accolades. I must admit that it honestly was an impromptu thing and felt sooooo good after so many depressing posts.

I can't believe that it just sorta rattled off. Ok Chick~Still no comparison for your fishy WANDA poem! That was too cool! But glad all enjoyed it and that it brought some out off lurkdom ~ hope to see you again soon! hint-hint ~~ don't make me do another non sensicle (sp?) poem "K?

You guys have really helped me more than I know how to express.

Luv ya ~~ J

Last edited by MamaJ; 03-12-2002 at 09:46 PM.