Old 02-24-2002, 07:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily Cluck - Sunday February 24

Cold and dull in the meadow this morning but lots of the snow has melted. The "lads" are having trouble deciding whether to tap the maple trees now or wait until later. It has to go well below freezing at night and well above in the daytime for the sap to run.

The forsythia branches I cut last week are in full and glorious yellow bloom this morning. I will cut some more in mid March to have in the Church for Easter. This year it may be in real bloom by then - strange mild winter.

I must confess I am not OP these days - some meals are fine but then I stray. Have even been sneaking in licorice and other goodies - and I don't mean a "serving", I mean a bag. The darn Girl Guide/Scout cookies are coming soon too! Strange - nearly met the Valentines challenge and then started to screw up. Swift kick needed. And yes, I feel physically rotten when I have indulged.

There were some problems in chat last night with jerks so Suzanne may take chat down for a bit until she hears from Digi-Chat. Don't panic! Chat is not gone!

Am off to Church in less than an hour and am still not changed. I also need to make a carafe of decaf to take along. Our service is over by 9:30 but the socializing goes on forever - good fun, but kind of fills up the morning. Sewing and maybe taxes on the agenda for this afternoon.

Have a good Sunday!
Old 02-24-2002, 09:47 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hii girls start to get back in to routine day today.

The kids go back to school and dh is back to work now it is time for me to get back in to my routines and get flylady back in to top gear. i will go and exercise and have a good day!!! clean laundry exercise bikeride dinner. HHHMMM i made a boneless ribroast friday (I know i for got it is meatless day but to low carb on a meatless day???) i got it at sam's club for 3.99 a lb!! not bad and excellent meal. the price was more than right. only about 15$ - 20$ to feed all of us. (I had to buy a big one and cut it up) but i am wondering what to do for sunday dinner now!!1 I should have saved that for sunday dinner but to late i was hungry for that. now i guess it is chicken or something silly.

welll laundry is calling my name so must go. hopw all of you have a great day.
Old 02-24-2002, 10:13 AM   #3  

Default Good morning!

We're not going to church today cause DH has a sciatic nerve problem. So, I'm going to go laundry, scrape old paint and putter in the kitchen!

We looked at flooring for the bedroom and livingroom, wallpaper for the kitchen, and various ideas for colors. I don't want to try to "fancy up" this house too much as it is a old farmhouse and I want to retain it's personality. I've seen the results of people trying to modernize an old farmhouse and it usually looks terrible.

Regarding my son, I've come to the conclusion that he has lied to his wife concerning me for many years and she thinks I'm some sort of monster. We've not ever had a chance to really get to know each other as we live quite far apart. I'm not certain of my son's agenda here, but his world will fall apart eventually. My father always told us that the truth always comes out.

God bless!
Old 02-24-2002, 10:29 AM   #4  

Good sunday morning to you all! Well I won second prize at my workshop yesterday for most pages completed and I stopped working hours before everyone else...got over 80 done...well not done as now I have to paste on and journal but they are all layed out and ready to go...they are calling out my name as we speak...but I really do have to get some housework done....both my girls had sleepovers last night, so I will go get them and go to 1100 h mass and then home for homework, tidy and maybe a little scrapping!

Ruth I know what you mean about sabatoging success. I do the same thing and I don't enitirely understand it.

Tippy don't even try to figure out what your son is doing..easier said than done I am sure....the bottom line is his life experience is what it is no matter what REALLY happened....I worked in Psychiatry for a few years and hubby still does, and for some reason Mommy always gets the blame when things go wrong for the kids, fair or not they think we are supposed to make sure everything works out in their life....I used to work with violent and sex offenders and even if it was the Dad who beat them growing up, they blamed their Mothers for not taking care of them..and as far as why your son is turning your DIL against you...my theroy is because then he doesn't have to take any responsibility for what HE is doing in and with his life...just my 2 cents worth.

Yes things on the chat got ugly last night...I got there when it was all over and the girls were all pretty upset, really took the wind out of everyone's sails, hope they are able to block those twits from ever entering the chat again.

Sue have a good day and good luck with supper, it all sounds good to me!

Have a good rest of the weekend for all those to come.

Liz
Old 02-24-2002, 11:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Do tell!

I missed chat last night due to being at my sister's house. I always miss the good stuff! Hope Tippy and Ruth gave em what for!!

This is just another lazy Sunday. NOT!! I'm off to give 2 haircuts and a perm, hope to be home by midnight and am not even making any money for it!

Tommie and her granny are in there sharing a bowl of ice-cream. It's always great to witness my child sharing anything, it's too cute.

Have a great day, all!
Old 02-24-2002, 05:04 PM   #6  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Hi,

Having a nice leisurely Sunday. I was going to go shopping after Mass and lunch but decided it was too much effort. Grocery shopping and a phone call to DS are on the agenda later this afternoon, then getting clothes, lunches, etc ready for the week.

Ruth - Bet it smells wonderful when the trees are getting sapped.

Sue - Meatless Fridays are a challenge on low carb. This past Friday I ate eggs for every meal. This Friday I plan to stop at the store on my way home from the office and pick up some salmon or jumbo shrimp for DH to grill.

Tippy - I'm sorry for situation. {{{HUGS}}}

liz - Congratulations!

Hi goodforme.

Jennifer
Old 02-24-2002, 07:32 PM   #7  
Big Loser

Evening ladies!

I have quite a few days of catch up to do!!

Tippy I am sorry you are still having a rough time!

Sounds like chat was interesting last night.

Quiet here today, DH and I had date night last night went to a chicken wing hangout and drank beer with 10 of our closest friends like we were 20 again, it was fun...then got up this am for church and have been a vegetable ever since.

Back to the gym tommorrow..I have been so good about exercise I wish I could get the food thing going as well!!!

Take care all!!
Old 02-24-2002, 11:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Just trying out the new smilies

Chickadee, this one is right up your alley:sheep:

Nasus, this one's for you

Peach, this reminds me of you

I'm because I can't decide if I'm more of a or a this weekend!

Goodnight, everyone!!