Old 02-24-2003, 07:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The DAily Cluck - Monday February 28

Just starting us up. I need to go shovel a path to the road so wonderful Gail can get in to clean. Coffee's ready on the counter.
Later.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:49 AM   #2  
workin' my way back down

Thanks Ruth...... it's nice and hot! YUMMMMMM.... well, I gotta just fly thru here..... must shower, dress and be at the radiology place in 47 minutes for my MRI..... I hope it shows something. I hope it shows nothing......... I don't know WHAT I hope! I just want this darn thing to be better!

I have lunch with a friend today, and work this afternoon. Will try to check back in later.....

Have a great day chickies....
Old 02-24-2003, 08:27 AM   #3  

Morning all! I'm just here looking for some new ideas for breakfast, so I will check back in a while!
Have a great day.....
Old 02-24-2003, 08:30 AM   #4  

Oh Ruth, that's what plows are for hon! Don't hurt yourself!

Sono, I'll be thinking about you today, I hope it shows nothing too!

Well, it's cold and crisp and everyone is off at their destinations. I have some time to ponder how silly I am. I resigned from the board on Saturday only to take up the reins once again last night. Might have been the 2 1/2 hour talking to by our new president. Oh, and I've also gained another title--Vice President. Yep, quit and look what happens. Basically, the reasoning was compelling enough for me to stay. Now I have to put on my kick a$$ boots and do a whole lotta whoopin'!! I'm only in the fray till June and then a new board will be elected, at which time I am OUT! Pretty much the entire exec is quitting at that time too so the problem becomes theirs not ours. And I am free and clear to open my night care business! I'm pretty much expecting it to get ugly first and then settle down later.

As for the rest of my day, I am finding as much information and help as I possibly can to arm myself for battle. Thank God for the internet!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-24-2003, 09:24 AM   #5  
Ready!!!

Yes, yes,
yes, yes,
yes, yes,

Think positive!

Good, my day off, I had a great sleep in, Monday morning to all the chicks old and new. For your daily pleasure I am serving a lg. SOP,with Extra will power, plus be nice to me, kind of day. Please help yourself.

I can only stay for a min. as today is house blessing, and Iwill get our income tax done today. we had a day of rain that should have had everyone looking at Arks, yesterday. It really took the snow down, but then it turned to snow [just a bit]. Today it is sunny and windy with a temp of -1. For you fly ladies, the Fly lady is on the Mom Show today? I am goin to try to remember, no never mind, I don't have time.
well love to you all,
Tazcat
Old 02-24-2003, 09:54 AM   #6  

Good Morning All!!

Well, I am gonna TRY really hard to be good today--and get something done also!
The kids are out of school AGAIN due to snow--sooooooo-I will have to work around them

Sonogranny--I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way!!

Pooky--I hope you get out of the board alive!! Sounds like a bunch of animals

Taz-- I'm gonna think positive....all day! and OP!!

Nettie--breakfast....I do the egg thing usually, I'm not to imaginative that early in the morning when my tummy is growling!!

HAve a good day all!!

miss
Old 02-24-2003, 10:01 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I did.

Can you believe next week is the start of Lent / Ash Wednesday! Guess what I'm giving up or going to try to do for Lent...... 1. No snacking at night and 2. portion control One year I gave up chocolate.... should I mention how ashamed I was that I couldn't even make it a week But I know the Good Lord is forgiving

Well back to the grind, TTYL, Love Leenie
Old 02-24-2003, 10:03 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Miss....Im with ya today....we can get thru the day. I think, hope and pray, Ive got my stuff together enough today to stay op!!

Im home today, and I think I'll clean. Then head out for my walk.

Have a good one!
Robin
Old 02-24-2003, 10:35 AM   #9  

Morning all - I don't know what I'm doing different, but the weight is dropping off again. I've now lost 13.5 lbs total.

Ruth - don't over do it with the plowing.

Sono - Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Pooky - Give'em heck! (and then leave). Anything we can do to help make your business happen? Logos? Letterhead? Invoices?General advice and support?

Robin - Same offer...how's the catalog coming along?

Taz - Thanks for the extra will power. I need to SOP this week so I can wear a certain dress to my BIL's wedding in New Orleans next Sunday.

Everyone I missed and those to come - have a great OP day!
Old 02-24-2003, 11:38 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

ROFLOLPIMP! May as well! Crying doesn't help!

Gail got here fine by walking throught the deep snow BUT Jerry the plough guy got stuck badly and broke his fanbelt. He is wedged in the lane. Kevin arrived to do some work, tried to help the plough lad and he is now stuck across the end of the lane. Somehow I think I may have two lads for lunch today - tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches to the rescue!

In all the confusion, we got a call from the dentist asking where Harry was! He forgot his 9:15 appointment, not that he'd have been able to get there. It's in the next town and there are no taxis out here.

I think I may buy a horse and sleigh!

The barn door was iced shut. Harry broke in through the old chickenhouse door. He scraped his head and cheek and also tore a big hole in his new Christmas chenille sweater.

I am moving to Florida as soon as I can get out of here!
Old 02-24-2003, 12:04 PM   #11  
Senior Chicky

Red face Awwwwww ~

Ruthie said the "F" word!

Last edited by MamaJ; 02-24-2003 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:09 PM   #12  
workin' my way back down

uh - oh... do we now have to wash out Ruthie's mouth with sunscreen?
Old 02-24-2003, 12:39 PM   #13  

Good afternoon All!
I can't believe it is Monday again! I am quite sure it was just Friday night and I still have time to get my to do list done. Jacob was at Nanny's so we went out all weekend. I stayed OP for much of the weekend but drank only diet pop and no water.
Just finishing cup #12 today to make up.
I have not finished reading all the weekend posts yet but it sounds like I am not the only one fighting to stay OP. I bought a couple of new things in a smaller size this weekend hoping that they will keep me on track. I can fit into them but breathing may be difficult!!
Off to search the net for someplace to stay on vacation this summer.
Tammy
Old 02-24-2003, 03:07 PM   #14  

Hi everyone,
I can't believe the snow you all are having. Out here in the Pacific Northwest the flowers are in bloom. We do have a very cold wind blowing today tho.

Ya know I said I was going to start adding in carbs? Well I'm not. I Decided not to be a quitter cause quitting only got me fat! Two people at church yesterday told me how slim I was looking! That made me feel much better!

Well gotta go backto cleaning house. My 2 yr old just went down for his nap and these minutes are golden minutes to say the least!
Old 02-24-2003, 03:28 PM   #15  

Just checking in before the afternoon becomes hectic.

I made some brownies for DH and DD's and some SF butterscotch fluff stuff for me made with heavy whipping cream instead of milk. Been Op so far today--will have to start a thread for this weeks food-and I am going to aerobics tonight soo...........hopefully getting back on track will be easier than I thought!

I found dome soda today at the store called Waist Watchers it is made with Splenda--they have Vanilla Cream Soda-Black Cherry-Cola-Lemon Twist--I'll try it tonight and let you all know--I still have not been able to find the syrups you guys are talking about-DiVinco's and Toriani--not at the local grocery's here.

Dyan--WTG on the loss!! I'm glad someone is losing!!

Robin--How you doing today?? drink that water!!!!

see ya gals!
miss