Old 01-29-2002, 06:49 AM   #1  

Angry Tuesday, 2/29, the Daily!

Starting up with a latte!
Old 01-29-2002, 06:56 AM   #2  

Morning Chickies,

Well the Pinewood Derby did not go as good as planned. The event was fun, but the boys' cars did not perform as well as expected. They did good, placing themselves in the winners bracket, but were knocked out before the finals. Last year Don's car smoked the competition, he was very dissapointed, but a good lesson to learn. I guess, just hate to see my boy heartbroken.

Again, I was feeling ill with coughing so hard I could vomit (sorry ). So I went to bed early. I awoke to a sweet note on the dinner table from my dear Don asking how I was doing and leaving me a plate of popcorn for breakfast. I could just squeeze him to pieces! Love little boys!

Pooky I hope that full moon works some baby majic on you!

Peachie, HOW IS JIF?

Stay OP!!!!
Old 01-29-2002, 08:15 AM   #3  

Good Morning Jenny and all those to come!

I swear you have some special boys there Jenny, gee, popcorn for breakfast? LOL

I'm working my way to facing the inevitable--I will have to join my local gym to lose this weight and get my life back. I don't know how hard it is for everyone else but I have always resisted the idea because I really hate the thought of working out my fat body in front of other people. I also don't like working out at home because I can get into other things here. I guess the time has come. I am going to my local health club this morning to see about a membership and hopefully I can see some real results before long. Wish me luck!

Other than this decision, all is quiet and waiting for my contractor to finish his current job up so I can get busy on my kitchen!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 01-29-2002, 08:24 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning.

So sorry to hear about that horrible cough, Jenny. I can certainly relate! Popcorn for breakfast? Well, maybe with milk and brown sugar. Kids are so cute. Mine brought me a beer in bed one Mother's day with a dill pickle in it for garnish. Yes, I did drink it!

Our false spring has ended today but it sure was nice while it was here. We still have a fair amount of snow but green grass is showing too. I felt like planting peas yesterday but compromised by tidying up my plant starting area and getting the lights working correctly on the timer. Today I sort last year's seeds and decide what else to order. I may try herbs in pots to sell at the Church sale the end of May.

DH actually got up off his butt and drove to Brockville to shop at Wally World yesterday. I hate that kind of shop - toilet paper, dish detergent, kleenex, etc. - would rather shop for plants or fabrics. Or food! He also made meat sauce for pasta for dinner - not OP but hey! He made it! Mr Wonderful also bought a package of red licorice - my favourite. Pooky, get over here and kick butt!

Jiff has her operation today. I am sure we will all be thinking of her and sending prayers and good wishes. I hope Peachie will be in later.

Better get going and crank up the day.
Old 01-29-2002, 09:25 AM   #5  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Chicks!

It's going to be 83 F today in Houston! Of course it won't last - a cold front is coming through tomorrow night and it will be back into the 60's Thurs. No wonder no one can stay well.

Jenny - Hope you're feeling better. I'm sorry the pinewood derby didn't go as planned, but I hope the boys had fun. Popcorn for breakfast sounds good to me. It's one of my fave foods (aftre my beloved chocolate of course). Your boys are so sweet!

Pooky - Good luck at the gym. I belong to Curves for Women and there have been some days when I am the smallest one there. Especially at this time of year, there will be people of all shapes and sizes joining the gym. The important thing is that you're doing something good for you.

Ruth - A beer and pickle! LOL!!

Remember to keep Jiff in your thoughts and prayers today.

Have a great day!
Jennifer
Old 01-29-2002, 10:09 AM   #6  

Good Morning All.....
We had temps in the high 60's yesterday. Oh was it gorgeous, sad part was that I couldn't be outside. I have cabin fever! Our temps are suposed to drop today with the front coming in.

Stayed OP yesterday and did 45 minutes of exercise. Boy when my exercise is up my house goes to pot. I am an early riser and like to get a few things done before I head off to work but I haven't been able to do much since I'm back on a routine of exercising. When I don't exercise I can get by with just washing my hair every other day but now every morning I have to spend time drying, curling and you know how it goes.

DonDar, enjoy your little ones while you can, my two boys are grown now and I really miss having small ones around. Can also remember the derby races, lots of fun. Looking forward to the time when I can be a Grammy. Oldest son is getting married in May so maybe in a couple of years I'll have a little one to spoil.

I'm changing out our computers here at work today, so I probably won't be back until late this afternoon at best if all goes well.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

Last edited by SEMO; 01-29-2002 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default good MUGGY morning chickies!

Well we are having the same weather as JHP (she is in Texas and I am in Louisiana) but she did not mention the mug and fog that is as thick as pea soup! It's like having a constant rain without any rain! MUGGY! And it just does wonder for my naturally curly and frizzy hair! I think I need a hat!

I had a great first day OP on Atkins - I was very good! and it wasn't bad at all! Hopefully I will be able to say the same thing by the end of the day!

I am walking at the mall again today during my lunchhour!

I hope everybody has a great day!

hugs, cathy
Old 01-29-2002, 10:54 AM   #8  

Jenny, Pooky, Ruth, Jennifer, Semo, Cathy and ALL THOSE TO COME ---

Good Morning!!!

Well, we had a little bit of snow! I am actually fairly excited about this because it's the first snow I've seen on the ground in years! The girls got to make a tiny little snowman that the dog at the eyes out of -- chocolate covered cherries -- the dog might need to try a low-carb woe! LOL!!

The trials of potty training are hot and heavy in our house! Dd is wearing panties and using the toilet all day long (doing a happy dance here). Nighttime is still a mix of diapers and panties. If she strips the diaper then she stays dry -- if she starts and ends in the morning with panties then she's soaked! We'll continue to see how this goes. She has turned out to be a LOT easier than dd#1.

All the talking about fighting with your dh's yesterday got me thinking about Dr. Phil (does anyone else here watch him on Oprah)? -- He is such a hoot!

We are dicussing options of moving ourselves across the country or letting the Coast Guard move us. If we move ourselves we stand to make a LOT of money. But, I've packed and moved so often these past three years that I'd rather the CG just do it. But, dh wants a car/utility trailer and this might be the way to get him for one and have it be paid for.

That's it. Off to the treadmill! Pooky, good luck at the gym today! You're going to be just fine!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-29-2002, 11:30 AM   #9  

Morning all!
I would kill for some French Toast today! Never been a big fan, but Oh...I would love some this morning!! I guess I'll just have the sausage that would go with it instead!!
Pooky, I know that Curves was mentioned, but I have to mention it again! I love Curves! The hardest thing ever for me was to walk in to a gym alone. I knew everyone was staring at the fat lady. But Curves is so different. Women wear whatever they want. NO little tight outfits, everyone is moving from machine to machine at the same time, so no one has time to pay attention to you. And NEVER have I felt like the fat lady! They support I have recieved is wonderful! See if you can find one near you and go check it out. I know the first workout, when they teach you how everything works is totally free! Its worth the effort and extra drive if you find one!!
It sure is hard getting used to this Texas weather after living in Nova Scotia for 3 years! Yuck I hate the humidity! I guess it just never goes away???
I get to go met some moms at the park today with our wild ones. I'm finally starting to feel like I have a little bit of a social group, not much yet, but I'm at least meeting people! Being new sucks!! I can't even stand the idea of moving again, how can you Jenniwookie with all those moves?? I'm ignoring the whole idea that it can happen again!!
Better get something done before I'm off to the park for my fun!!
Have a great, healthy day!!
Old 01-29-2002, 12:29 PM   #10  

OK, so I went and checked out the gym. I feel MUCH better after having gone in there and seen what there is offered. There was one lady in there who was in her I'd guess late 50's and she was a lot bigger than me. I felt really good then and now I know that it just doesn't matter what I look like. I liked it so much I went to dh's work and told him about it and he's signing me up tonight! Isn't he a doll? He told me that he really wants me to get my goals and he will support me any way he can and if I want to join a gym, that's just great by him. So it looks like I'm gym bound! I think I like the part about having my own personal trainer for the first 2 sessions really helps me out a lot and then I can get my own exercise plan for my body type. They are going to work with me for 2 more addditional sessions to plan out a strategy--that's EXACTLY what I need-a strategy! Now I'm feeling more confident about it, and yes a little nervous, but tomorrow is going to be my first day so I hope it goes OK. OK, blathered on and on enough about it.....
Old 01-29-2002, 12:57 PM   #11  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Good for you Pooky! You'll reach those goals!

Mc Mom - I've never tried it, but I've heard of a French Toast recipe using pork rinds. I'll see if I can find it and I'll post it for you.

Jennifer
Old 01-29-2002, 05:40 PM   #12  

Just a quick hi, got to go run some errands that didn't get done this weekend- but I wanted to check in anyhow

I'm thinking of Peach and Jiff today, I know things are going fine! Peach, you don't even have to post, just PM one of us and we'll post for you!

Not much happening- work crazy and tense, but I think the end is in sight, and Feb should be quieter.

Hi to everyone! No point in discussing dieting today!

dottie
Old 01-29-2002, 06:18 PM   #13  

Better late than never I guess! Slept all day after working nights last night...to make matters worse I slept in for night shift which is pretty hard to do, laid down with my kids and didn't wake up until the minute my shift was to start, anyhow it all worked out ok, but not a fun way to start the shift, to make matters worse I drank 2 diet cokes, ate a bag of cheezies and a crispy crunch all from the vending machine because I didn't have time to pack a lunch....slipped into my old pattern that I thought was long behind me...goes to show how much the plannig ahead really helps...hope you had a great day today all and I'll drop in again tomorrow! Liz in Canada...slowing thawing out ...
Old 01-29-2002, 10:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Angry Good night, John-boy!

Why am I always so late? This is my favorite part of my day, sort of a routine I'm in to keep me focused. Guess all my other routines just have to get done first Kids gotta eat, after all.

Pooky, congrats on joining the gym. That's my plan as well, soon as the money comes through. I just need to be able to get away from the house and all the temptations to goof off. Also, I need instruction, or else I'm gonna hurt someone, maybe even me! I am also worried about being laughed at and picked on. That's a big phobia of mine, that people are looking at me and laughing at me behind my back. I try not to go anywhere in public alone, as if having someone with me will make me look different! Then I just decided "LET THEM LAUGH!" Cause when I'm thin and muscular and sexy, they'll be looking at me then, too!

Have a wonderful night, ladies, I'll see you tomorrow, early I hope