Old 01-15-2002, 04:03 PM   #1  

Default Anyone doing Fat FLush?

I have been combining the principles of Fat Flush with WW for last 2 weeks and have lost 5.5 lbs. I would love to share with anyone else doing the same.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:34 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I am clue less. can you share what it is about???
Old 01-15-2002, 04:41 PM   #3  

It is the newest low carb plan written by Louise Gittleman (sp?) author of "Beyond Pritikin" and "Eat Fat and Grow Thin". It follows many of the principles of Protein Power but in not quite as technical a fashion. I saw the mini version in a GNC magazine and decided to give it a try for after Xmas since it seemed easy to follow and nutritionally balanced. I'm in the process of reading the book that has a stage 2 that adds back some "good carbs" and the lifestyle plan that adds more. Since I trust the WW points to guide me as to portion size etc I'm tracking my points too and seem to be in the 20-27 point range following the plan, I'm not hungry, and I'm learning about the pros and cons of carbs.
I also got a treadmill for Xmas which I've done 30 minutes per day religiously, so the combination seems to be working.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:46 PM   #4  

Default Fat Flush Plan

I just got the book, did you try it yet? I need to accumulate all the ingrdients first, hopefully I'll have everything ready to start Monday. Any pointers?
Thanks
Jill
Old 01-16-2002, 09:57 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I JUST LOVE THAT NAME........FAT FLUSH

Don't we all wish we could sit on the bowl and flush it away LOL.

Let me know how it works, I'm open to anything.

Love leens
Old 01-16-2002, 09:59 AM   #6  

My pointers so far are:
Get the cranberry juice form the health food store. I thought I had gotten the right thing from the grocery store when I found "100% juice, no sugar added", but in actuality that was a cranberry blend which includes apple and grape juice and it had 150 calories per 8 oz glass. The health food store one has only 50 calories and is pure cranberry juice. It's not very sweet, so you might want to add Stevia Plus (see my next point.)

I'm not a health food store expert, but I decided to venture in yesterday and look for some of the other things she recommends. I found the Stevia Plus sweetener. It's expensive, but I bought it anyway, and it's very good! Not only is it not bad for you... it's actually good for you. The box recommends a minimum of 4 pkgs per day. One of the benefits she mentioned was lowering uric acid and blood pressure which my husband needs due to gout, so I'm excited about trying it at home to replace the sweet & low.

Until this week I had never eatten a sardine, but Protein Power and this book convinced my to try them and I like them. I've always loved anchovies but for some reason never had sardines. Protein Power goes into great length about which ones to buy... NOT the ones in Soy Oil for some technical reason, which most are! They recommend Olive oil or water packed. Check the labels!

I'm very happy with the simplicity of the plan. Figuring out how to eat the protein without the bad carbs has been a challenge.
I fould:
putting peanutbutter on apple slices instead of crackers or bread
eatting a salad with meat (chicken, salmon, tuna)
eatting a salad with grilled vegetables on top
making a smoothy with protein powder, morning cranberry juice and berries (I'm continuing to use soy protein powder since I'm in that 45-55 age group and I had it at home. I may switch to the whey powder just to give it a try.)

Planning ahead for my 1 carb per day has helped. We ate Japanese Monday so I planned for the little rice in the rolls I ate (and I didn't order the egg drop or miso soup I might have otherwise before reading the book)
Tonight I'll eat at the church so I know there'll likely be a carb in the main dish I can't avoid, so I'm not eatting any others before that.
Well, those are my idea so far.
Please post yours and your success.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:40 AM   #7  

Update from the meal at the church.
It was catered by a Mediterranian chef and I had no clue what was being served. As it turned out the Dining Out Section in the book covered exactly what was on the menue and was a great resource! Check that part of the book out for all types of ethnic foods.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:02 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sounds interesting. I just ordered the book online. I have every other diet book in the world so why not?

Actually if I weighed all the diet books I have, they would equal what I have to lose. Maybe I should stack them beside the scale and remove one as the weight goes!
Old 01-17-2002, 12:20 PM   #9  

RuthXXX,
Your post was hilarious! I feel the same way about diet cookbooks. I have tried to remove all nondiet cookbooks from the shelf so that is all I have to go to, but alas the 34 lbs I'm trying to lose AGAIN, show I haven't been very successful.

I'm enjoying the new approach of the FF Plan. It seems to combine a lot of features of other plans I've been successful on in the past, but which alas I quit doing as soon as I reached goal:
- 2 Hot lemonades a day was a strategy of Diet Center. I know it's a diuretic, but it also gives you an option for when you're roving the kitchen saying "what can I have?"
- 2 fruits a day has been a staple of WW which I've always enjoyed, but haven't been religious about in my regaining days. (I was glad to see it in the FF plan)
- The unlimited veges are similar to WW and the limited ones are things we've all learned on old WW plans.
-The 8 ozs lean meats are very reminiscent of old Selection plans (in fact the old WW tracker I use has 8 boxes for proteins.)
-The 2 whole eggs per day are new to me, but nice to have.
I like her flexibility and humor when addressing such things as coffee. She calls 1 cup a day a "legal cheat" if you must have it.
I had a hard time imagining the first two weeks without dairy products, but it actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. They get added back in phase 2 or 3.
I think her experience with real clients over the years shows in her practicality.

The thing that endeared her to me was her intro about being a pear shaped woman from a pear shaped family who thought she was doomed. That I could identify with!

Let us all know what you think of the book!