Old 01-11-2002, 09:41 PM   #1  

Angry If I'm REALLY sorry will you let me back?

HI Everyone!
I haven't posted since before Christmas...quite awhile before! I'm so sorry!
Heres my BIGGEST apology...christmas card list...Ladies, I feel horrible..I recieved wonderful, beautiful cards from you, and I completly failed you all! I am truly sorry! I will make it up to you all! Please don't hate me!
I had many, many plans for Christmas this year, and none of them panned out, so please no one take it personally!
I hurt my back, hyrneated (I need spell check here!) disc, actually two of them. Needless to say, I didn't move for quite awhile!!
Which means, didn't cook...had to eat what was brought to us or what my husband could handle! Not OP, far from it!
BUT...I am better! I am back...I am OP!!!
I have commited to the biggest goal of my life!!
I have registered for the Avon 3-day walk!!! 60 miles in 3 days!!! I'm going to go from Santa Barbara to Malibu! It sounds so daunting right now, but I have found walking partners and I have started my training... I was told to just walk an hour a day, forget the distance and heart rate, just go the hour, then work from there! I'm set!
My problem now is the money! There is a $1900 sponsorship fee I haven't a clue where I'm going to find it, but it'll come I have faith!!
Anyone with ideas on how to fundraise...let me know!
Anyone interested in joining a team and walking with me...my chosen walk is in October, so its a full 10 months to prepare..Please join me! I'd love more team members, as it is now we're all coming from different states!
(If you want to see what I'm talking about the web page is
www.bethepeople.com
ordinary people...extraordinary results at they're finest!
Anyway ladies..
hope your ok with me coming back to the coop!
Thanks for listening....yet again!
McMom

Last edited by McMom; 01-11-2002 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2002, 05:56 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hitting McMom with Chicken purse!

Apologies NOT allowed! It sounds to me like you had a rather rough Christmas so don't give it another thought!

Welcome back to the coop - we even saved you the same nesting box because we knew you would be back.
Old 01-12-2002, 07:16 AM   #3  

Hey McMom! Welcome back! I agree with Ruth (and yes of course her chicken purse scares me) no apologies necessary! I think at some time or another we all disappear for a while to re group, re think or just take a break.

Oh! your aching back! I get pained just thinking about it and I am glad you are feeling better. Way to go on the Avon walk! My walking buddy every once in a while brings that up...some day I hope to do it. Of course that said, I have not walked since September. I'll get there yet!

Welcome back McMom!

peach
Old 01-12-2002, 08:29 AM   #4  

You are welcome back even if you aren't sorry!!!

Seriously, welcome back and take care of that back. While you're at it, pamper yourself too. God bless!
Old 01-12-2002, 12:58 PM   #5  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Glad to have a fellow Houstonian back, and no apology necessary. I'm just glad you're feeling better & I'm sorry about what you had to go through.

I'm so impressed that you're doing the 3 day Avon walk. I'd actually love to join you but hopefully (fingers, toes, eyes & everything crossed) I'll be expecting by then so I'm trying not to make any long range plans.

Welcome back!!
Jennifer
Old 01-12-2002, 01:52 PM   #6  

Default Thanks everyone!!

Thanks for the warm welcome backs!
And I assume the chicken purse was just soft love taps on the bad back, right!
Jennifer, I'd love to have you join me, but I completly understand! I too would love to pregs by then and considered putting it off....but its been 4 years since we started trying, (first year with medical help though) So I've decided to go ahead with my walking plans, and if something else happens..well won't I be surprised!!
Thanks again ladies!!
Have a great weekend!!
Old 01-13-2002, 04:34 PM   #7  
It's MY Life

McMom---Welcome Back!!! Of course we want you here!! Big Congrats on the Walk!! That is very awesome--I bet you are really pumped up for it! Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Old 01-13-2002, 09:25 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

welcome with open arms!!! (and even with all my good intentions I did not get a single card out either and they have not kicked me off this board)
Old 01-16-2002, 04:17 PM   #9  
Senior Chicky

Awwww Stacey! <<<Big Hugs>>> and welcome back! I had this nice long post on Monday for you, hit submit POOF!! I don't know if the site went down but evidently my posts are gone from Monday !!

I feel like I let you down "neighbor"! I've thought of you often and apologize that we Houstonians have not been able to come together and do a bit more personal support!

The walk sounds awesome~~I'd have to give it a bit more thought before I could commit tho! You and JHP BOTH are hoping to be preggers by then????? (++++ ~ that is Mama holding up the cross sign to ward ya'll off!) Good luck BUT definately hope it won't be contagious to us area folk!

Good to see ya!

J