Old 01-01-2002, 06:23 AM   #1  

Default Happy New Year!

Well, I've be awake about an hour. Took my meds and now I'm sleepy. In a few minutes I'm snuggling down in my electric throw on a recliner with two cats on me. Hopefully, I'll sleep a bit.
Our New Years Eve was quiet. We snacked and watched James Stewart in "Shenandoah". It is one of my all-time favorites. I think we went to bed about 10:00.
There are a few projects I need to do today. Thank goodness DH is so helpful. He does the vacuuming and changes the bed for me. Also he scrubbed the surround in the bathroom and he does any liting for me. The shoulder is getting better, I think.
Am starting to nod.....
Old 01-01-2002, 06:55 AM   #2  

Who's in here early this morning??? Oh...Good Morning Tippy! I'll put on the coffe and get the cupsout and justtidy up the place after all that celebrating last night

Happy New Years everyone! We also had a quiet night--Miree went tobed with a full stomach of popcorn (Daddy's fault!) and we had a relaxing evening playing a couple ofgames of pool and watching a movie. Anyone see Duets? Pretty good movie.

Today is cleaning up the house day, and from the looks of things a bulldozer is what's called for here. All I can say is that I'm SOOOO glad I get my huse back tomorrow when everyone is back to work/school!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-01-2002, 07:59 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning Tip and Pook and Happy New Year! And Happy 2002 to the folks who are still abed or busy with other stuff.

We opted out of our elegant dinner because my "cold" is not getting better. Instead we watched "Shakespeare In Love" and were in bed by 10 like a couple of old farts. Lucy yipped and howled most of the night - she really misses sleeping with another pup. I may bring her upstairs tonight in her carrier and see if that helps.

Today I will start putting away some of the Christmas dishes and linens but the tree stays up until the weekend. I also need to tackle Mount Laundry!

The guys who threw the party last night will show up here later this afternoon with oysters and champagne and hint about dinner so I have a boneless leg of lamb thawing. No doubt there will be a few drop-ins during the day. In the country, people just come without phoning so you need to be ready at any time. It took me a while to get used to this but now I don't mind.

Have a good first day of 2002!
Old 01-01-2002, 08:01 AM   #4  
Give Peace A Chance !

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!
Old 01-01-2002, 08:21 AM   #5  

I was asleep by 11! Oh well...it's a new year and a whole new beginning for me! 2002 has to be better than 01 because God knows it couldn't be much worse! I am trying to be positive and I try to imagine how I will look and feel this time next year...I imagine myself feeling better and doing things I have always been ashamed to do because of my weight....I imagine myself going to parties and such and not feeling uncomfortable because I think everyone is looking at me. So here we go ladies...LET'S MAKE THIS THE BEST YEAR EVER!!
Old 01-01-2002, 08:55 AM   #6  
Big Loser

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning and happy 2002 to all!!!!

DH and I spent a pretty quiet evening, did not get home from work til about 5:30 took the kids and a friend who just moved here to dinner a local Mexican restaurant. It was fun and they acted pretty good...which for them is relative.

Came home put on my jammies, DH built a fire and we watched Pearl Harbor!! I had never seen it, I thought it was great!! Went to bed round 12:01. First time in several years I have seen midnight!! We are going to have som champagne cocktails this morning I think. And Tennessee is in the Citrus bowl this afternoon so I know where DH will be.

Have a great day all!!!!
Old 01-01-2002, 09:43 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

HAPPY NEW YEAR KIDS !!!!!!!!!!

HOPE ITS A SKINNIER ONE FOR ALL OF US......HEALTHY TOO LOLOL

Love Leens
Old 01-01-2002, 10:04 AM   #8  

Hello Everyone. Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2002, 10:24 AM   #9  
It's MY Life

Happy 2002 To Everyone!!!!!!

It's official--I am old! We were in bed by 10:00 and I didn't even feel guilty about it!

All of the Christmas stuff is down and put away--the house is vacummed and looking actually pretty good-hope it can stay that way as I go back to school the 3rd. I knew you could get computer viruses, but Ruth, I think that I have caught your cold and sore throat! I am drinking hazelnut coffee right now and I don't even like coffee, but it sure feels good on my throat. We had steaks and shrimp and a lobster bisque last night with some Asti Spumante for DH and I. DS stuck with egg nog. Watched a video and then a little of Dick Clark and off to bed. Today some friends have invited a group of us to their house for turkey sandwiches and Bloody Marys or Mimosas. I am SURE there will be football on. DS can't wait for the Illinois game tonight--I am not nearly as excited--been overwhelmed with games lately. Making a list of resolutions for the year--going to keep them simple so that maybe this year I can stick with them, OR at least SOME of them!!!

Ruth, hope you feel well enough for your company today and that Lucy starts sleeping better. We used a hot water bottle wrapped in a thick towel for our dog when she was a pup.

Leens, I too hope 2002 is a skinnier one for all of us! Let's go for it!

Scooby, maybe my DS and your DH can get together and watch football today, that would free up one of our TV's!

Pooky, I love to shoot pool-you have your own table? How fun! Good luck with the cleaning!

Tippy, hope that shoulder gets to feeling better soon!

Hello to all who follow and Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 01-01-2002, 10:39 AM   #10  
Livin' La Vida Loca

Default Happy New Year's Day!

Morning!

Another cold, clear morning in Iowa.

Pretty quiet around here. The kids haven't checked in yet. I don't expect to see them until this afternoon. I remember those days -- ever so vaguely -- when the anticipation of New Year's Eve was about my New Year's outfit and who (or better yet, how many!) I was going to kiss at midnight! Not anymore. I know my kisser (and my kissee) will be snoring away by 11 p.m. I don't miss the hangovers at all -- but the kissing? I'll have to think about that for a minute.

Gonna spend the day writing some "Happy Holiday" cards -- couldn't get them done before Christmas so I'm sending them late. And today seems like a good day to be thinking about relationships.

Ruth -- your posts about your puppy really take me back. When Tom and I were first married we bought a Springer Spaniel pup which would howl all night, every night. The 4th morning we woke to find her in the kitchen w/her head caught under the refrigerator -- of course she had been howling all night but because she had done that every other night, we hadn't come out to check her. We felt so badly -- talk about guilt! It was awful.

Carpe diem, chicks!

Sooner

Last edited by Sooner or Later; 01-01-2002 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-01-2002, 12:21 PM   #11  

Default Happy New Year!

My resolution in to GET SOME EXCERISE! I have to admit, that 30 lbs is gone without the the aid of any excerise. I can't imagine how much that would've been WITH just a little exertion (sp?).

Just a quick check-in this morning. I need to take the movies back (I had no idea that places were open on New Years Day) and that will require a shower, which isn't done yet!

I hope you all are enjoying the first day of the new year!
Old 01-01-2002, 02:25 PM   #12  

Baylee,

No I'm not new (then again I was when I was here...LOL). Just haven't been around siince summer time. Thought I would pop by and wish everyone a Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:04 PM   #13  

Happy New Year to you all from freezeing cold Missouri..... Make lots of snacks and DH and I watched movies last night and today have just laid around. Tomorrow is a new day in a wonderful new year....... I'll be sure and make the most of it. I hope to make everyday count this year..... Toni