Old 10-29-2001, 02:45 AM   #1  

Talking Daily - Monday - Oct 29th

Hallo everyone!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I have good news this morning, seems things is starting to move on this side. My weight was down on Saturday to 191.74lbs this morning it is 192.8lbs, but I am not going to go into a flat spin about 1lbs.

Total weight loss since August 16th = 23.2lbs.

This is the easiest and most simple WOE I have ever done. It is really becoming a way of life for me, for the fist time in my life I feel like I am in control of my eating habits. This time it is me deciding what and when to eat and not my cravings and obsessions with food. It just take a little bit of planning that’s all. I am not scared that I will not be able to stick to my WOE when we go away for a few days. Planning on staying OP most of the time, I will however allow myself an ice cream or so.

Did any of you already start with the weekly weight in thread, I can’t find it and would like to participate.

Dnees – I printed out the transcript, planning on reading it tonight. Thanks! Did you decide yet what program your are going to follow?

Love you all lots!

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 10-29-2001 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-29-2001, 06:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Morning everyone. Hensa, I know you are doing really well. You are definitely in ONEderland now. BUT are you sure you meant OCTOBER 16? Methinks you made a typo.

DH and I shopped a bit yesterday at the Third World Bazaar. I got 5 gifts for my list and two for me - sterling small hoop earrings and a pair of stars. I am addicted to earrings. There were no chicken purses to be seen but lots of brilliant (scratchy) sweaters and hats.

After that excursion I went to the Office to tally up the Dance receipts from Saturday night. There was over $6000 so I scurried off to the Bank for the night Depository! EXCEPT, I had the wrong key so I slept with a was of money under my mattress. At first light, I am off to the Office for the right key and then to the bank.

When I get back, I will shorten some pants that arrived from Sears on Saturday. (When you live in the boonies, you catalogue shop for basics. ) They are all the same brand and size so I need to try on only one pair to mark length. Life is good! LOL! If I'd kept all the pieces I've cut off pant legs, I'd have enough for a huge quilt by now.

At 11:15 I leave to work a "nooner" Bingo in Brockville and get smoked clothes and hair. Smoking and Bingo seem paired around here, it seems. Guess I'd better pack some cooked chicken for a lunch as I won't be home until 4.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-29-2001, 06:28 AM   #3  

Yebo gogo, big mistake

Since 16 August

No problem. I just went in and fixed it for you! That's why we have Moderators! Gotta keep us pure. Ruthxxx

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 10-29-2001 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:58 AM   #4  

Good Monday Morning Ladies,

Congrats Hensa on the excellant progress, proud of you!

Ruth, so sorry about the bingo "air" I would have a very difficult time working under those conditions. How is the little mama to be doing? Do you ever get to see her?

Peachie, what are we going to do about those Yankees?

Well, I ate great last week, I blew it this weekend. I as starting over again today. Have lots of good intentions. Plan on trying to go to the Y at 5:30 a.m. every day during the week, eat on plan and try to keep the house clean. I just need to have the actions meet my intentions.

Sue are you out there?

2 days till Halloween

jenny
Old 10-29-2001, 07:58 AM   #5  

Default Where DID the weekend go??

I remember what I did yesterday, but I can't remember Saturday! Oy vey! Oh, I think I did some laundry. Sunday was church, Bible class and more laundry. I enjoyed my food and drink entirely too much this weekend and it is a dificult habit to break. I've been faithfully using the Abdoer eercise machine and the stationary bike every day
Today is Monday so therefore I have to clean the bathroom and kitchen. I want to do some sewing and straighten the back room a bit. We just use it for storage as there is very little heat there.
Take care and God bless!
Old 10-29-2001, 08:24 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Oh crap I forgot to get on the scale.....okay gotta strip down and weigh my fat ***.......bet I gained alot in the past 2 weeks.......been going overboard.

Other than that have a great chilly day!

Love Leens
Old 10-29-2001, 08:28 AM   #7  

Good Morning Chickies!

So I guess this means that you were literally sleeping on a gold mine Ruth?

That's fantastic Hensa, you must be thrilled with all the changes!

to Jenny and Tippy and Leens (we were posting at the same time!)

Well, all I can say is that I'm not as committed to my program as I should be. I am going one meal OP and the other not BUT I think there might be a likely explanation for this besides the usual cravings--shhhhh don't tell anyone, but I might be pregnant! I am 1 week late today and my dh is the fertility predictor and he's pretty darned sure that's what's happened. OK so nothing is confirmed yet, it's really too early to tell and all but my deadline for testing is Halloween. After that we'll see what comes up!

As for today, well I have a "mini project" day, you know small things that need to get taken care of, odds and ends type of stuff. I have 3 blocks left to do on a rug hooking I'm doing, I have one photo album to complete, I have to wrap 2 gifts for my inlaws ans pack up the shipping box, I have to wrap and send out my neice's birthday present, and I have to clean out my wee one'stoy box for all the broken and old toys she doesn't play with anymore in preparation for Christmas. Around all this stuff, I still have the regular housework type stuff to do. Whew! Just typing it made me tired!

Have a great day Chickies, and as my signature says....
Old 10-29-2001, 08:32 AM   #8  

OH POOKY, I am so excited, I hope that you truly are pg! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

jenny
Old 10-29-2001, 11:19 AM   #9  

Good Morning all! Wow Henna you're doing really good! You inspire an old timer that got lost in the world of "The **** with trying to lose weight" and came to her senses many months later fatter than ever. And thinking whats wrong with me!!!! When I found out my "toe" alone weighted five lbs. and I have an appointment with my cardiolgist in Dec. I thought I really have to pull myself together. So today I start making my new world, knowing I can do it, if even I have to take an hour at a time. I'll grab my low carb. "Bible" tuck it under my arm and start singing " I can, I can, I can, lose weight. Isn't this way more information than anyone wanted to hear. But needed to connect with you all as its the only place for me private where I can stand in front of the mirror and be my real self. Where else would I ever put my weight out there!!!! And know you all understand... Heres to another time around knowing "I am losing weight!"

And Pookie congrads! Toni
Old 10-29-2001, 02:34 PM   #10  

Default affairs, nooners and preggers?

I just knew that Jiff would call when I started to type!!!!!

hey to Toni, Leens, Tippy, Pooky, Ruth, Hensa

Chickadee...would you please turn away from the computer? pretty please?

Pssssssttttt....Jenny, I have a plan! It involves getting down on your knees and praying for Clemens' hamstring...gosh he makes me nuts. Then we need to put O'Neil back in the game....he must have a couple more homers in him!!! Then we have to smack the short man (knoblach) Jeeter and all the other bums who seem to have left their bats in some secret hiding place that even THEY can not even find! THEN we can have a really FUN off season watching George yell at Cashman to get Randy Johnson on OUR team....wadda think? ( I still say the Yanks in 6....ok, ok, maybe 7 but that is my best offer!)

You can look now Chickadee!

Pooky....sweetie let me know when I can start buying pretty shades of pastel paints ok? IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES!!!!!!!!

gotta run....hey to any one who posts at the same time!!!

hugs and the good stuff!
peach

Last edited by peach pit; 10-29-2001 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2001, 03:43 PM   #11  

First off, and most importantly, Peachie & Jenny, you can't have Randy Johnson! (I peeked!) Do I love those Diamondbacks almost as much as my Rockies or what? Go Gonzo! You better start searching the neighbor's couches Ms. Peach. I'm going to up the ante again!

Ruth! First an affair, now a nooner! What could possibly be next?

Hensa You are doing great! I agree with the ice cream thing, which is one reason I enjoy CAD so much. Eat yummy stuff and lose. Yippee.

Pooky You have to let us all know the results the minute you take that test. Can we name the baby, please, please, please? I think that being such a creative and intelligent bunch, we could do your baby proud!

As for me, I met the goals I set for Sue's "rest of the week challenge". And, I went to Jazzercise this morning again. This might get to be a habit!

Have a great day chicks!
Chickadee
Old 10-29-2001, 08:30 PM   #12  
Senior Chicky

Good Moan Day all!

Just a quick howdy! Sorry but mentally just not up to even lurking lately! I sure hate to be a downer ~Sorry. Just has been such a ruff year and worries even beyond my 17 yr old baby. (Think God must have a reason for humbling us this year)

Pooky! Oh girl, you've got to share as soon as you know! How exciting for you, DH and Miree! Prayers for you!

Peach! Hugs! Keep painting girl! I'll answer your "E" soon, I promise.

Grand MAMA Ruthie! Congrats and glad all went well!

Toni! Good to see you again!

Lara! YOU'RE FINALLY PREGNANT! Oh, I remember some personal chats and "E's"! I am soooooo happy for you!

Hensa! WTG on the loss!

Sue! Sorry I've not been an active part of continuing the S-U-C-C-E-S-S challenge. I'm sorry that I let you down and didn't keep up with my end.

Jenny! Be proud of yourself! Five OP days out of Seven is great!

Hello and good wishes to all! I do not mean to be rude and not address anyone.

Very quick update with DS (Stephen) - I'm taking him to a psychiatrist. He's 90% the best kid you could ask for. Hard worker, polite/respectful, give the shirt off his back, still will curl up on my lap and hug on me, leaves me "Mama I luv you" notes....BUT....I've finally come to realize that about every six moinths he does a self "destructive" act. He thinks this is court ordered, but not, and psychiatrist seems to think (very early for full diagnosis) that it could stem from his "dad" kidnapping and keeping them from me for years as well as his "dad's" wife being sexually inappropriate (as the courts called it). She is also testing for ADD, ADHD, Bipolar. As is usual once he starts realizing the conciquence for his acts he is extremely remorseful and depressed. Your continued prayers are greatly appreciated.

Me~~I'm a mother that loves her child and has an ache that I don't know how to describe inside. DH must sense something as he is being less "verbal" than usual. It truly has been such a difficult years....there are times I feel that I am living someone else's life and watching it on the news.

My love and warm thoughts to all.

J
Old 10-29-2001, 08:49 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, Janice. Wish I could give you a personal hug!
Old 10-29-2001, 08:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Oh, MamaJ

I worry about you so! Please know that my prayers are with you and DS and also, remember when you were a teen, how out of control everything felt? Maybe he's just trying to find out how far he can push, before he pushes everyone away. I was like that myself back in the day. Made life **** for everyone involved. Doesn't make it any easier to go through, does it?

Hello to everyone else, I think maybe we should start a NIGHTLY thread for those of us who are late checking in!

Have a great evening!

Sherrie
Old 10-29-2001, 09:21 PM   #15  

Default *HUG* Janice!

Wow - I am all teary reading your post, sweetie! I want you to know that I think you are a wonderful person and mother. I feel sure that you all will come out of this ok on the other end. Unfortunately, life is not easy for some of us but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! And you are mighty strong, woman!

'e' me if you want to talk. Don't forget to take care of 'you' during all this, k?

Love ya,

Kel