Old 10-23-2001, 07:48 PM   #1  

Default Success Stories

Hi ! Being a newbie here (there seems to be alot of us lately) - how would everyone like to share how they've been doing on the different low carb diets that they're on ? I know it would be very helpful for me - trying to decide which one to follow and it probably would help some others as well. Of course - feel free to tell us why you like the particular one that you're on also.

Thanks a bunch !!! Denise
Old 10-23-2001, 10:42 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I will go first I do the Protein Power, because that is the info mercial i watches several years ago and bought the kit for about 250$$$ and did great for about 3 weeks then fell (no support) i the loaned the kit out and then left the job and never got my kit back. so i am just trying to get my $$$ worth out of the plan (I keep loaning my book out and do not have one now as i just loaned it out again!!!) so i keep buying new ones as i have read it so many times i know it better and every time i read it i understand more. i like the plan as it is very imformative and the elplinations are good. the go into detail everytihg, adn the more you read it the better. i like it as it is an adequate protein intake plan not a high plan, and i like it as you do watch the fat (a bit)intake and what kind of fat you eat.

I have lost almost 60 lbs on it and feel better that i ever did before. and like i said i have little guys it is good to be able to go out and play with them and not get short of breath just going down the steps!!! I have learned so much.

but honestly i like comming here no matter what diet i follow as it is the friendship that has been the mainstay in getting as fatr as i have!!
i will say that i tried CAd and well just leave it that i can not read the direction that says to eat your carbs in moderation at your rewward meal. i managed to cool muffins tobe done at 600 and start immediiatly eat my dinner and stil have time to stuff one or 2 more muffins in my mouth by 7!!! so i can not control my slef at all!!! so it is very low carbs for me or i have lost it!!!
Old 10-24-2001, 07:07 AM   #3  

Default Thanks Sue !

Great story !!! Wow - what was in that kit of theirs ? I'd love to know ! Okay, you've convinced me - I'm gonna read that book some more (the original one) and see what it says. I'm like you - I don't think giving myself permission to eat that reward meal would work very well for me. I'm sure others can control themselves better - I just know myself too well. Does anyone know what the deal is with Somersizing ? I'm just curious how her plan might be different ? Just covering all my bases...

Thanks for sharing !!! Now I KNOW you're not the only success story around here ? Besides, people don't have to be at goal or anything... I'm just trying to see how they're all different from each other ?

Have a Great low carb day everyone !!! Denise
Old 10-24-2001, 12:26 PM   #4  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Hi Denise,

I started Atkins on June 10, 2000 at 308 lbs. I was down to 140 lbs on 9/30, but was 150 this past Saturday. Basically I've been losing and gaining the same 10-12 lbs for the past 4 months.

I did not cheat for a whole year & kept my food very simple and natural - meat, salad, veggies. Very rarely did I eat cheese, nuts, etc. By rarely, I mean maybe 2-3 times in the first 12 months. I ate s/f Jello everyday for the first few months & then sporadically after that. And I had the odd Carb Solutions bar when the chocolate cravings were really out of control. I drink a ton of water and have exercised just about every day since day 1, which I think has been key.

Atkins has been good for me. I'm not necessarily a pasta/bread/rice/potato (except chips & French fries), etc person, but I am a definite chocoholic (99% of the cheating I have done has been chocolate & chocolate has always triggered a cheat), and junk food junkie.

I've learned a lot in this past year. I enjoy eating this way, but if I had to do it again I would have cheated long before I did. Now I'm not advocating cheating but my cravings were pretty much uncontrollable for a couple of months before I gave in (I was determined to make it a year with no cheats) & I was miserable. You have to make that decision for yourself, ask yourself if it's really worth it, and be controlled enough to NOT have a cheat turn into a binge (a problem for me, but that's another story).

Any questions let me know.

Jennifer

PS - I'm in the middle of reading up on Somersizing but don't have time right now to post what I've learned so far. I promise to do so later today.
Old 10-24-2001, 02:47 PM   #5  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

OOPS!

Last edited by JHP; 10-24-2001 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:10 PM   #6  

Default WOW !!!!!!!!

Wow Jennifer !!!!

I am SO Impressed !!!!!!!!!! You definately know what you are doing obviously ! We can all come to you with our questions !!! You are a NEW person !!! Literally ! He should put you on an Informercial or something ! Now I'll have another success story to tell my doubting friends !!! Thanks for all your Great hints and for sharing your story ! I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think about Somersizing. I don't think I can read another book right now ! I'm just about read out ! Take care, Denise