Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #31  
I'm With The Band!

S/C/G: 281.5/264/180

Height: 5'7"/173cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
You know, it wouldn't be so bad if the jeans actually covered my fanny from the waist down, but the waist actually hits me just above the crack and they simply look like they're falling off. Bleh!
Oh God, I feel your pain!

I hate low rise jeans! On anybody. Even on skinny chics with GREAT figures I think they just look trashy. They don't even cover up the a$$ crack--who wants to see that? Not saying that everyone should wear their jeans/pants up to their boobs, but honestly, the way jeans are cut these days, leaves VERY little to the imagination.

I too am a wonderful apple shape. I'm just huge-giganticly-enormous at the top and taper right down to little bitty feet. I often look in the mirror and feel like big red monster on Looney Toons that wears sneakers--accept I don't have red hair! lol
When I lose weight, it comes off in the face, the a$$ and the legs first--never the gut, or the back! Noooo, that would be just too convenient. I have that whole front sideways butt thing happening too--big pouchy gut that sticks out, really indented waistline (I always thought years and years of wearing too tight pants had made it that way!) and then a big ol' roll that I can't remember NOT having--even as a small child.

And to add insult to injury--and this is probably WAY TMI so I apologise ahead of time if I offend--but I must have the fattest crotch on the planet. I have a terrible time keeping the camel toe under control. It's so embarassing. FORGET about me wearing a swimsuit--EVER. Even buying pants in the mens department doesn't help, because of the short stride--it just emphasises it more, kind of "cups" it, really shows it off. **shudder**

So, I refuse to wear shirts that don't fall to below the crotch, but if I can get them to do that, then it means they are entirely too big, so I just look like a big sloppy cow. I feel like I can't win.

I hope that as I lose weight some of my "crotch fat" goes too--preferably ALL of it! I know, I know--really, I don't mean to be offensive!

I've never actually spoke out loud about it before. I hope I haven't totally grossed anyone out. But I feel like, if a fatty ever had a place to be honest about what she/he was going through, then surely this is the place?? Believe me, it's taken me 30 minutes to post this, because I keep debating about whether or not to post it.

I really despise my body sometimes. People tell you to love your body for what it can do, respect yourself, even the gross parts, but I find that very hard to follow sometimes. I fantasize about being able to just peel the fat layer away.

It's hard to be fat in an otherwise normal sized world, eh?

hotfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #32  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I am so glad I found this thread. If I weren't at work, I would have hollered out loud over the quite from Sugarbuster's techwife posted in 2006.

I have a horrible time finding reasonably fitting jeans, too. Not only I am apple shaped - but I am apple shaped with thick legs. You have no idea what I would give for a pair of nice slim ankles! In the past, I bought a few pairs of jeans in the men's department because although I carry my fat in the middle (and mostly in the front) I usually still have room in the waist when the hips fit. And, I have never had huge hips and my butt is almost not there (when I was young and sllim, an older, pear-shaped, friend of mine used to tease me that she doesn't understand how I can sit since I have "nothing to sit on".
AND, to make it worse, I need at least 33" in inseam which seems to be almost non-existent these days. You have no idea how many pairs I had to return on the rack, although they did fit ok in the waist/hips area, because they were too short!!!

I envy you the plethora of brands to choose from. I would never buy anything online (especially not from the US) because out of 20 pairs there may be 1 or 2 that would fit me and it is not worth losing the money when returning across the border.
I am now on my last pair of jeans that will soon (I hope) become too loose to wear, so I am actively searching for a replacement. Since I am still losing weight, I don't want to buy anything over $20 per pair. I did find a pair at Winners yesterday (I think the US equivalent of Winners is T.J.Max or some such) - I can button them up but they are still too tight to wear so they should be perfect after the next 5 pounds are gone or so. They are long enough, but they are a bit too tight in the legs (all over) - but they have 1% of spandex so I hope they will loosen up a bit. Since they cost $19.99 plus tax, I consider them a reasonable buy. We will see. Oh, and of course, the pocket is somewhere half on the butt and half on the top of the thigh. [sigh]

I hate low-riders. They look so idiotic an anyone, even on the teenagers with no fat. Even my 82-year old mom comments how stupid it is of everyone to wear them because they really accentuate the rolls of fat in the abdominal area. I prefer jeans that sit just below the waist.

Ok, i think I exhausted my pet peeves. Thanks for letting me get my rant out, that's a relief!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 235/230/185

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfoot View Post
I hope that as I lose weight some of my "crotch fat" goes too--preferably ALL of it! I know, I know--really, I don't mean to be offensive!

I've never actually spoke out loud about it before. I hope I haven't totally grossed anyone out. But I feel like, if a fatty ever had a place to be honest about what she/he was going through, then surely this is the place?? Believe me, it's taken me 30 minutes to post this, because I keep debating about whether or not to post it.

Good for you for being brave and posting it!! I wasn't offended in the slightest! You rock!
leelily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:19 PM   #34  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Umm i could have sworn i was alone in this. I feel i need to wear either super low rise under my tummy and wear a shirt to cover it or pants that come above mt belly button, which being only 20 is not my ideal. I have to say i LOVE LOVE LOVE lane bryants new right fit jeans. Thischart will help you figure out your size. I find the yellow ones the BEST! They fit those of us that if the jean fits the waist its WAY too big in the legs and if it fits the legs we cant get them buttoned.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #35  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Me too! I'm fine with jeans but any kind of tailored or smart pants for work? Theyre like tents at the crotch area, so frustrating!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #36  
I'm With The Band!

S/C/G: 281.5/264/180

Height: 5'7"/173cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelily View Post
Good for you for being brave and posting it!! I wasn't offended in the slightest! You rock!
Ah, thanks for that! Phew!! I was afraid that I'd get a heap of responses telling me to tone it down and stop being so sickening (I couldn't really blame anyone either!), but I have never EVER seen anyone mention this kind of problem on any diet or weight loss forum. Ever. And I belong to quite a few, believe me!
I think that I surely can't be the only woman on the planet with this problem. Can I? Considering some of the horrible sights you see on other large ladies, I would almost think I could be in the majority for a change! lol

Anyway, I'm working on it, right? All I can do is keep on keeping on, stay positive, and work on disguising the parts I hate until I can afford to do something resconstructive--if I get that brave!

Cheers!
hotfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:37 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 220/190/140-160

Height: 5'5"

for shorts and bathing suits.... I have been loving the workout skorts and skirted bathing suits. I've been gettign the C9 champion running shorts at Target. I love them. They look a little "tennis-y", and I've been asked where I playtennis, LOL. But the line of teh skirt falling from my (non)waist is so flattering and smothing.

Same thing with skirted swim wear. I have 1 suit from lands End, adn I plan on buying more on sale. But teh skirt covers all of those extra rolls. I had never bought a skirted suit before b/c my thoghs are okay, but I love how flattering the skirt is on my lower tummy .
tigerchic89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Am too an apple shape right? I have a huge top and no legs or butt... LOL so maybe Im a apple on a stick.. lol.
Now a days I just but pants that are comfy on my waist and I always have to alter them when I get home to fit my height and shape.
I swear I would go crazy if I didn't know how to sew..
Making your own Jeans don't work unless you make the pattern yourself to fit your body.. because the ones you buy are WAAAYY too huge and boxy
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am an EXTREME hourglass...which means that my waist goes in more than average, and I have a bubble booty to balance it out.

It doesn't help with regular sizes, but for those of you who are still in a size 14 or larger, check out Lane Bryant. A few months ago they came out with a line of jeans in 3 styles, meant for the 3 basic figure types-the apple, the average, and those like me, who are EXCESSIVELY curvy.

In fact, most jeans/pants are made for the "average" figure...those who have a waist that nips in a little bit. Average. However, they are not going to fit the extremes either way very well. (Apples and really curvy hourglasses or pears.)

For the person who wondered who actually has a waist that goes in...here I am.

Us curvy gals have the opposite problem...if I put on a pair of pants and they fit my round hips, then I can literally take a belt, and cinch of the waistband on them to get them to fit.

For those of you who are hourglass/pear and have this same problem with the waist being too big-try the Riders jeans or capris from Wal-Mart, they will say "no gap waistband" on the tag. They fit small waists/round booties really well.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:15 PM   #40  
Nobody Leans on...

S/C/G: 279/165/142

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
I had to laugh seeing all your responses. I am hourglass shaped, and every time I go shopping for pants I am constantly cussing the fact that they all seem to be made for apple shaped women!

In most brands of plus sized pants/jeans I have tried, if they fit in the hips and butt there's enough room left in the waist to fit a small infant in there with me. And you can't make it better by wearing a belt, because a belt sits at your natural waist, then you have one very strained belt loop in the back with fabric gaping out on both sides allowing the world to see down the back of your pants.

And today's low-waisted styles make it even worse, because they aren't long enough in the rise for the natural curvature of my hips to actually hold them up. So I have to hold my legs together when I walk because the friction between my thighs is the only thing keeping them from falling down.

It's good I have some smaller sized pants from earlier eras stashed away, because I don't think I will be able to buy another pair of pants until the current fashion trends change.

So just know, Apple Shaped Ladies, you are not alone in your frustration.
Amen. I have to get all my pants altered because there is so much extra fabric in the waist that I can't wear them. I don't who these pants are for if the apples and the hourglasses can't wear them.
Sharkysmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:30 AM   #41  

Hi,
My name is kate and i am a 19-year old girl.
It is sooooooo unfair- since I have been 12 I have lead, like, the IDEAl lifestyle (incredibly healthy eater, exercise, no smoking, no drinking, no drugs).
I would kill 2 have a curvy figure. Oh no, instead I am the only one in my whole family with the "apple" shape.
Old men always stare and whistle at my chest, so I wear big baggy sweaters, even through summer.
I often feel so ashamed of my body I cry myself to bed every night. I just want some hips, or some thighs.

Please help ladies,
any suggestions?
cate89 is offline   Reply With Quote