Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

In the 80's I didn't have enough Junk in the Trunk to make them look good. The only jeans I could wear and be cute were Levi's. Now I seem to have Junk everywhere.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 280/280/130

Height: 5'6''

The PERFECT fit for me was cheaper than expected. Maternity pants from Target. It's the designer collection by Liz something I think... less than 20/pair and fit perfectly.

They aren't cut w/the panel like traditional maternity clothes... they have hidden elastic so that they look like REAL pants.

They are the only pants I've ever found that fit so well. It's sort of embarrassing to wear maternity stuff... but it works w/my body shape and just looks like clothing that fits...
TooFatForMyDesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 280/280/130

Height: 5'6''

oh yeah, they have zippers/buttons/clasps too... the elastic is hidden inside the waist band w/little buttons to make it stretch and they look 100% like normal pants/jeans/khakis from the outside...

i love them
TooFatForMyDesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:10 PM   #19  
WW Moderator

Oh I saw this thread and new what I was going to post, but you beat me to it! Liz pants from Target - Maternity sz 16 'below the belly' pants/jeans fit me great when I was an 18. Now the only thing is that you have to have a long enough shirt, otherwise you'll flash the left over belly to the world!

Another pair of jeans that I like are Lane Bryant Boot Cuts. The legs are slimmer so they don't leave baggy thighs when getting jeans to fit in the waist. I usually have to buy a size larger of these.

I also tried on some Tommy Hilifger plus sized jeans, I think they were boot cut, and loved them.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 198/198/178

Height: 5'6"

i am a size 16/18ish and while i consider myself kind of styley, it has taken me years to find a fir of pants that i like. this is my solution to the apple problem. i wear a size 16 old navy-they are the only place that make pants that i can make work. i buy them so they fit on my hips-they always end up a little loose on the bum and thighs, but not so much that it is unflattering. the other thing is to buy bootcut. not straight legged, not relaxed fit, not flared, and-if buying old navy-get the low rise pants!!! because of how they grade their patterns-the plus size low rise pants are a good fit. here is my other secret-i now always wear a super long and tight tank top under whatever shirt i am wearing. my top shirt i usually wear so that it comes to the top of my pants-it breaks up the torso and sort of tightens everything...also-jewellery, jewellery, jewellery!!!! i stopped wearing it for a long time because i had this crazy notion that jewellery disappeared on the larger figure-boy, was i wrong! big chunky bangles and necklaces will totally compliment a nice scoop neck shirt.
those are my few tips-also, the shorty pant and the cute flats-make anyone look awesome and sassy!!!
keeponkeepingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #21  
Future Fashionista

Alright ladies, all your jeans problems are solved! Well for me they were... http://www.cennev.com
They have jeans specifically cut for the apple and pear shaped woman. Mine are my new favorite pair. Take a look.
starforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:11 PM   #22  

What does apple shapped mean?
Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:34 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 270?/234/190

Height: 5'11

the best fitting jeans ive found are paris blues 'skinny' jeans. i get them at torrid, so theyre anything but skinny. theyre cut perfectly though..low waisted, and slim through the hip, butt and legs. they taper to the ankle, though, and i dont know how many gals like their jeans cut for the 1950's.

these STILL dont fit me that well, though. when they stretch out, its only through the legs and butt, and im left with the butt of my jeans sagging. the best pants i ever had were a pair my mother made for me. i sew, but ive never made pants.

if you can afford it, id say the best thing to do is have your pants tailored. jeans arent meant for perfect fit. theyre made for the 'average'.
CecelliaStrick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 270?/234/190

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
What does apple shapped mean?
apple shaped refers to women who are round in the middle with little to no waist definition. think of an apple on a stick...and apply it to a body shape. Bluto, the Popeye character, is apple shaped. its the best example i can give.

i, myself, am an upside down triangle. i have very broad shoulders.
CecelliaStrick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #25  
Tallahasss

Jeans are so frusterating to buy! As I've lost weight, I've unfortunately maintained my apple porportions. I think my waist is like a size 18 and my hips are a size 12 according to oldnavy.com's size chart. I generally buy low-rise, stretch jeans. I hate the saggy butt, so I try on jeans for hours to find ones that go above the roll of my stomach, yet fit the booty.

I've had really good luck at Ross since they often have several brands. It's a good place to go if you're losing weight too, since you can pick up some jeans for like $14. I've gone from a 20 to a 12 and had luck finding a couple good fitting jeans in each size at Ross.

Also, when buying the stretch jeans, it's good to buy them really tight. After wearing them for an hour, they loosen up considerably.
ulapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:23 AM   #26  

Height: 5' 8"

Cool

I absolutely hate pant/jean shopping. I have thought several times I should start my own apple shaped clothing brand since nobody has yet and make the most flattering tummy slimming leg enhancing clothes ever! I hate that when I get pants that fit around my waist/tummy there is enough room in the thighs to stick an innertube around 'em. Then they just look baggy and horrid. Stupid huge leg holes. okay anyways...

Gloria Vanderbilt stretch jeans do fit me nicely and the boot-leg cut jeans are the most flattering. If you are apple Never buy pants that taper narrow towards the ankle! They must have a slight flare, like boot-cut jeans do. I buy them at Gordman's and JcPenney's. I have also found that Levi's boot-cut stretch jeans fit nicely but I would recommend buying them 1 size too tight because after wearing them for a week or so mine seem to get baggy and fall off my butt... or I mean past it. So I recommend boot-cut for jeans, and the stretchy jean material is nice cuz then there is no elastic band and a little give for when you sit so your tummy has room to expand.

Now if anyone has any good ideas on finding regular slacks or dress pants that look nice, please post away. I feel like all the nice dress slacks are made for ladies with big ole' booties and thighs.
Sun_Flower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

And shorts!!!!! The horrible HUGE legs on shorts are pathetic! I look SOOOOO bad in them. Seriously like toothpicks wearing a tablecloth!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

You all are making me feel better! I thought I was the only one with this problem. I'm an 18-20 in the waist and a 12 in the legs. I have NORMAL legs, just a disgusting pudgy fat tummy.

I can't stand the current low-rise jeans. I can't imagine the muffin-top I'd have in them, and most jeans seem to be cut this way. One of my main weight-loss goals is to get back into my beloved Wranglers. *sighs*
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:33 AM   #29  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
And shorts!!!!! The horrible HUGE legs on shorts are pathetic! I look SOOOOO bad in them. Seriously like toothpicks wearing a tablecloth!
Ha! That's funny! I seriously hate my chicken legs! Why oh why can't some of my tummy fat travel down to my hips and legs!?! If it was evened out over my body it wouldn't be so bad. But hopefully this summer I won't have such a problem! I am gonna lose it! (well alot of it anyways!)
Sun_Flower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #30  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I just recently bought a pair of jeans.. the brand is Jeanstar. I have seen them at Burlington Coat Factory and Stein Mart.

These are the BEST jeans that i have ever owned being an apple shape. They are mid-rise so no undies showing and they aren't "mom" jeans that are so high waisted they come up to your boobs.

They hug my smaller hips and thighs and are just the right size around my buldging gut! AAAAND they had them in SHORT so i got my 16 with my short legs.. and they didn't even need hemmed!
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote