Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Default chafing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
2feelbetter Have you tried it? Did it work?
No i haven't tried it yet. I usually wear pants ALL THE TIME. I just wanted to have a solution in case I do wear one of my dresses this summer.

I experienced it a few years ago when I was on vacation in the Bahamas. I bought this cute dress to wear and we had just left the boat and I started walking and noticed my thighs rubbing together and it being uncomfortable. I didn't want to be in that situation ever again so I'm being prepared. Although I must say I do like the SHORT SLIPS solution. That seems more like me.
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:19 PM   #32  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

This might sound a bit off, but, if you don't want to do the shorts thing, Ky jelly might be an option. That stuff is slick! I work for a veterinarian, and we call it OB lube, but it is the same thing.

It's slick without being slimey, and it does not take that much. Plus, you will not get the chaffing you might get with powders, or the heat with wearing the shorts underneath.

Plus, you can slip to the ladies room and reapply as needed, with no worries about the perfumes, etc. of lotions.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #33  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

As much as I love slip shorts, I was too hot today to bother so I decided to try the deodorant trick. I didn't like the feel at first, so then I topped it with baby powder. We'll see how today goes. I brought my slip shorts just in case...I'm at work, so not doing a lot of walking but I still don't like to be uncomfortable in that way!

I wish I had seen shcirerf's post first, though! I have some of the silicone variety and I think it might work perfectly. Maybe I will try that tomorrow. And if that doesn't work I'll buy the Monistat cream.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:57 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post

I wish I had seen shcirerf's post first, though! I have some of the silicone variety and I think it might work perfectly. Maybe I will try that tomorrow. And if that doesn't work I'll buy the Monistat cream.
If you decide to try the monistat cream make sure you go to their. website and get the coupon.
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #35  
Call me NNS!

I got the coupon and forgot to bring it to the store last night! lol I wasn't too impressed with the deodorant solution. It kept my thighs from sweating, which was better than nothing at all, but still a bit sticky.

I didn't wear a skirt today to try the lube idea.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #36  
Call me NNS!

Okay, update! I went ahead and bought the Monistat cream before bothing with the lube idea since I had the coupon (and the cost of my lube is probably about the same as the Monistat anyway!)

Verdict? Works about as well as the deodorant idea, maybe a little better. Great for work, but not great for days where I'm walking around a ton. However, I think I'll definitely be using up the cream on work days. It's so nice to not wear the slip shorts all the time! I will certainly be hanging onto my slip shorts for those days where I'm in dresses and walking around town or the boardwalk or whatever.

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-30-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:04 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

Tight cotton shorts are the way to go for me. A friend recommended the American Apparel ones but I'm sure there are loads of different brands that make them.
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:53 AM   #38  

Default Bandelettes for chafing

You can try out Bandelettes. I can across these this summer and they work fabulously for thigh chafing. The are sexy and very breathable. Since finding these little miracles I have been able to wear shorts, skirts, and dresses with out any issue. I think you will love Bandelettes.
vrb9181 is offline   Reply With Quote