Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

I just came from Walmart and I couldn't find any of the creams in any of the sections I looked in.

I'm going to try Walgreens for thel anacane anti chafing:gel it has good reviews on Amazon and apparently is good as a makeip primer.
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

Target has some lightweight shaper type long shorts in plus sizes that work well under a dress or skirt. That's what I wear if I know I'm going to be doing a lot of walking.
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #18  

Default shorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlightMintz View Post
Target has some lightweight shaper type long shorts in plus sizes that work well under a dress or skirt. That's what I wear if I know I'm going to be doing a lot of walking.
Are they in the lingere section?
Old 06-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #19  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I found the Monistat anti-chafing cream at my local Walgreens, after checking both Rite Aid and CVS and finding it in neither. I scooped up 3 or 4 tubes.

I use that or a "slip shorts" thing I got at Sears a couple of years ago. It is getting too droopy for me now (I bought it when I was around 200 lbs) so I might see if they still have them if I hit the mall this weekend.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #20  

Default cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBooty View Post
I found the Monistat anti-chafing cream at my local Walgreens, after checking both Rite Aid and CVS and finding it in neither. I scooped up 3 or 4 tubes.

I use that or a "slip shorts" thing I got at Sears a couple of years ago. It is getting too droopy for me now (I bought it when I was around 200 lbs) so I might see if they still have them if I hit the mall this weekend.
I'm going to walgreens later at try to find the Lanicane cream. I think that got better reviews.

Also if you go to hot coupon world and go to their database type in Lanicane you'll find a printable coupon for $1 and a $2 coupon for the monistat. It takes you to a printable coupon site. I just printed it. IT's 8:16 pm on 6.26.14 I think you can print it any time

Last edited by 2feelbetter; 06-26-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #21  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I used to wear something like this - http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/...0#.U62JJED5fx8

or this -
http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/...a#.U62JdED5fx8

I am short and just cut them off to the right length. They were a huge help.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #22  

When I feel like a skirt I use the monistat cream. I never could wear shorts or leggings underneath. The whole point for me was to be cool...
2salads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #23  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Putting another vote in for the Monistat powder gel. I've always had the inner thigh chafing no matter what size I've been, bleh.

Shorts or shapewear underneath work fine for me in cooler weather, but in the summer I like to wear skirts and dresses with just undies to allow ample air flow. I wore a dress to a very hot and humid outdoor wedding in Kentucky yesterday- I think I might have died of heat stroke if I had layered up with spanx underneath!
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:03 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2salads View Post
When I feel like a skirt I use the monistat cream. I never could wear shorts or leggings underneath. The whole point for me was to be cool...
That's what I was thinking. I am hot all the time and the thought of another layer was making me have doubts.

Well I found both the cream/gel at Walgreens. Here's my story. I bought the LAnacrem and it was (drum Roll ) $11.49 ! ! ! I had a $1 coupon that I found on the site I mentioned above. I was mad the whole way home becasue it was so expensive. When I got home I found it online free shipping for about $8.5 so I returned it the next day

The monistat cream was $8.49 and I had a $1.50 coupon that I printed from the monistat site. The problem was the coupon that printed was already expired. I emailed the company I'll see if they give me another one or I'll try and print it again. Then maybe I'll get the monistat cream. I'm only going to wear a dress maybe 2x this whole summer anyway. LOL
Old 06-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #25  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I know I am a huge proponent of slip shorts but you guys are really making me want to try this cream!!!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #26  

Default walmart monistat cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I know I am a huge proponent of slip shorts but you guys are really making me want to try this cream!!!
Well I went to the monistat website and guess what....the coupon for this month (JULY 2014)
Is for $2.00 . I went to Walmart and for the second time I just couldn't find it. Then I heard someone say something about feminie cream so I went to the aisle they were in and there it was. I literally walked by it twice.

It's at the end of the aisle right next to the disposable razors. But here's the crazy part. It's In a locked box!

It cost $5.98 for 1.5oz really small and with my coupon. $3.98

PS if you check youtube and the blogs makeup gurus used it as a makeup primer and compare it to smashbox's primer which cost $35 maybe thats why it's locked up.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #27  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

My slip shorts are something like this:

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c73...i-leg-slip.jsp

Not too hot for summer weather at all. I actually prefer them to the cream when I wear a skirt/dress in the summer b/c after a while I find I have to reapply the cream to maintain effectiveness.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #28  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

2feelbetter Have you tried it? Did it work?
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

I've tried so many things to avoid the dreaded chub rub over the years, and almost nothing has worked for more than about half an hour. The pain of my latest "solution" wearing off when I'm out of the house is just the worst!

I really like the Lanacane product but even when I'm at my lightest, my thighs smush together all the way down to the knee, so the cream just rubs off within minutes and has to be reapplied constantly.

I've had more luck with clothing solutions: Evans in the UK makes something called comfort shorts to go under dresses; they're similar to the gusset of tights and are very comfortable but get a bit sticky in hot weather. Also, I need them to cover most of my thigh and they look pretty hideous if they peep out from under your dress.

The nearest thing I've found to a real solution is something called Bandelettes, which I bought recently from Etsy. They're lacy bands (similar to the top of hold-up stockings) which pull on and sit around your upper thighs. They don't just stop the chafing but also make you feel quite sexy, and look pretty good if they happen to show a bit.

I was absolutely loving them and thought my problems were gone for good, but just recently got horrific chafing while wearing them on a tropical holiday and had to wear leggings for the last few days. I'd still fully recommend them (I'm actually wearing a pair right now!) but just be aware that in extremely hot and humid conditions, they still might not be enough.

Last edited by rainbow84uk; 07-12-2014 at 02:47 PM.
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #30  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow84uk View Post
The nearest thing I've found to a real solution is something called Bandelettes, which I bought recently from Etsy. They're lacy bands (similar to the top of hold-up stockings) which pull on and sit around your upper thighs. They don't just stop the chafing but also make you feel quite sexy, and look pretty good if they happen to show a bit.

I was absolutely loving them and thought my problems were gone for good, but just recently got horrific chafing while wearing them on a tropical holiday and had to wear leggings for the last few days. I'd still fully recommend them (I'm actually wearing a pair right now!) but just be aware that in extremely hot and humid conditions, they still might not be enough.
This is really cool http://www.bandelettes.com/
I'm glad I saw this post - thanks!
I have chub-rub no matter what my weight (I'm talking even when I weighed less than 115 lbs) - I have given myself such thigh-burn that I couldn't walk right for days! Some bodies are just aligned that way
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote