Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #16  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Ballerina View Post
I also use the coconut oil on my hair about once a month. I put a bunch in, leave it in for an hour or two, and then wash it out. My roommate swears by it and she has gorgeous hair! It does seem to help my breakage.
I use coconut oil on my hair, too. Love it! I thought it might be too heavy for my face, so I haven't tried it there. I have hormone related breakouts on my chin and neck. It's frustrating, but nothing except the Pill helped, and then that messed up my weight loss! ugh! So, I just try to keep my skin clean and medicated with tea tree oil. I found a tea tree facial cleanser at Trader Joe's that I love! And, it comes in wipes, too, for the gym and to travel with.

I live in a humid climate, so my skin isn't very dry. I use Oil of Olay every day (same thing my grandma used!) and I wear a tinted moisturizer with SPF 15 by Boots No7 as a base instead of a heavier foundation. I always make a point to rub any extra moisturizer on the backs of my hands, too... gotta keep them looking good! After showering, I rub lavender scented baby oil gel all over and then towel dry. The gel is great because it doesn't drip in the tub and make things slippery.

And, I swear by wearing a floppy hat and staying in the shade. I sometimes burn my shoulders and arms outside, but I can say it's been years since I had a sunburned face.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #17  

Hydrating or moisturizing our skin is very important. I wash my face in the morning with my favorite natural facial foam and put some moisturizer and sunscreen. Whenever I'm exposing to the sun I always bring my natural wipes to avoid dryness. I wipe my face with my natural facial wipes to hydrate it and remove dirt.
alexhanney08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #18  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Whew. I've had a 15+ year battle with acne. It's only been the past 5 years where I've been able to control it, but even at 27 I still get breakouts. I used to swear by products by Lush, but honestly can't afford it anymore (I used Angels on Bare Skin and a variety of other products). Now I use pretty much the entire Tea Tree line from The Body Shop.

Since I do wear makeup (powder only, one particular brand that does not make me break out), I HAVE to remove my makeup and wash my face every evening. I used to be lazy about this in college which is why I kept breaking out. So usually in the morning I wash with a light cleanser and follow-up with an SPF 15 light moisturizer. In the evening I remove my makeup using cold cream (recently switched to TBS's chamomile cleansing butter) with a washcloth. Then I use my tea tree face wash. I also use a tea tree oil toner to remove any excess makeup or dirt and follow up with moisturizer. Moisturizers change seasonally depending on how dry my skin is...I dab tea tree oil directly onto blemishes if I have any.

I still swear by Lush's fresh face masks. Cupcake, Rudolph (seasonal only)...oh there's so many good ones.

I find some sun actually helps clear my skin, so I allow some exposure in the summer, but usually I've got sunscreen on.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:02 PM   #19  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Cool thread!

I use a moisturizing facial cleanser, not soap, so I usually use CeraVe or Kiehl's or even Clean and Clear. I've heard it's good to moisturize after cleansing, but I don't always do it.

I do have sensitive/combination skin and eczema, which can be a pain, especially in the winter when my heels get cracked so I try to moisturize my skin a lot with lots of different things. I find pedicures help a lot too with the rough, calloused, cracked skin. I try to use a moisturizing body wash too because in the winter, I'll get red dry spots from harsher body washes. I liked Aveeno but I found it was expensive. I think I used a Nivea body wash which was pretty good.

Oh, and I very seldom wear make up. If I do, it's basic black mascara, lip gloss or lipstick and rarely powder or rouge. I try to keep things simple.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #20  
Refreshed

My "tricks" are:

1.) WATER!
2.) Always wear non-chemical (only) sunscreen on my face.
3.) Not washing my face in the morning.
4.) Manual and/or chemical exfoliation at least three times a week.
5.) Always wear sunglasses.
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #21  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durian View Post
My "tricks" are:

1.) WATER!
2.) Always wear non-chemical (only) sunscreen on my face.
3.) Not washing my face in the morning.
4.) Manual and/or chemical exfoliation at least three times a week.
5.) Always wear sunglasses.
Could you please tell us what your sunscreen is? Thanks!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #22  
Refreshed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Could you please tell us what your sunscreen is? Thanks!
Cotz Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40

They sell it at Ulta (you can use a coupon) or Amazon. If you're very fair, it may not work for you, based on the reviews I've read. If you live near Ulta, they do accept returns, even if you've tried the product.

Another sunscreen I love is Thinksport 50. It doesn't leave you greasy, works great, and it blends into the skin without leaving a white residue. But, the scent, whilst not offensive [to me], is overpowering. My whole family uses this. I only use it on my body, though.
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'3"

Mines pretty simple. I wash my face every morning with Garnier charchoal cleanser. I also keep a Neutrogena foaming moisturizing cleanser around for when my skin gets dry. And I use St. Ives apricot scrub every now and then. Then I have a Proactiv green tea moisturizer, its amazing.

I take my makeup off with some cheap dollar store cold cream.
Melarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #24  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I eat fish every day.

Wait a month.

Look a decade younger.

Last edited by IanG; 06-03-2014 at 02:54 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

I've noticed the less I mess with my face, the better my skin looks. My skin is super dry, as opposed to the oil slick it used to be in my teens. I had terrible acne back then. Miraculously, the acne is gone but my skin is very dry with redness on my cheeks.

In the shower every morning I'll exfoliate my skin gently and then a moisturizer with spf. At night, I'll just use a baby wipe to remove any makeup and use a moisturizer. For me, every day makeup just consists of a light dusting of powder, and powder/eyeliner/blush/lipstick/eyeshadow (lightly) for special occasions only.
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #26  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durian View Post
Cotz Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40

They sell it at Ulta (you can use a coupon) or Amazon. If you're very fair, it may not work for you, based on the reviews I've read. If you live near Ulta, they do accept returns, even if you've tried the product.

Another sunscreen I love is Thinksport 50. It doesn't leave you greasy, works great, and it blends into the skin without leaving a white residue. But, the scent, whilst not offensive [to me], is overpowering. My whole family uses this. I only use it on my body, though.
Thanks, Durian!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:44 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

I follow the cleanse, tone and moisturise routine. I recently started using a cleansing face wash from Kheil's and I do think it's the best I've used. The ones I've used before have always left my skin feeling a bit dry and taut.

I might start using some night cream/serum for the eyes.
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:46 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

Oh! I also try to take a omega 3 supplement everyday. I found it made a huge improvement to my skin.
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:37 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Honestly, I only use water to wash my face and I have pretty clear skin. I do wear foundation and all of that good stuff, but I never leave it on throughout the night, EVER. I use make-up remover wipes and always make sure every little bit comes off, other than that, just water for me!
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:14 AM   #30  

Every women wants to have a healthy and glowing skin, it is our nature. I wash my face in the morning with mild and natural facial wash and put sunscreen. I also put lip balms on my lip to avoid chaffed and dry lip. I wash my face before bedtime and didn't sleep with make-up. I usually put some facial mask every Friday night it is a part of my weekly routine and relaxation. I use Essenzza natural japanese silk facial treatment mask that has Moroccan Argan oil and vitamin C. Vitamin C can help your skin to become glowing and brighter.
alexhanney08 is offline   Reply With Quote