Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #61  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

^^^ so pretty!

Another OPI fanatic here. I'm wearing "congeniality is my middle name", shimmery purple. I keep coming back to this one. I'm sadly running out of Nail Envy, that's the only thing that seems to keep my nails from flaking off, and my manicure lasts a week. Seems to protect my poor nails against the unforgiving Scottish climate!
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 297/257/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I was a nail polish junkie. My sister and I kept them all in a plastic tote, separated by shades in gallon ziploc bags. We had hundreds of colors, all brands. Magnetic, crackle... everything. At least $500 worth.

One night we forgot the tote on her porch and someone stole it. Now it makes me too sad to buy nail polish. My Mom bought me a bunch for Christmas, but I can't bring myself to buy my own. Especially colors I knew I already had once.
Lindifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

I just tried Illamasqua's Rubber Finish Nail Varnish. I usually like very high gloss finishes, but this actually looks pretty nice. I got it in a blue violet color and it went on very evenly and smooth and really complements my outfit today. I think I might paint on some glossy black French tips tonight just to give it more punch. I'll try to post some before/after pics as well
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #64  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Lindifer - I am so sorry to read that someone stole all of your nail polish.

Lakilaulea - That sounds really, really pretty. I'd love to see pics...hint, hint.

I cut my nails all the way down after the holidays. Having natural nails and lacing up ice skates 2 - 3 times per week was not working at all! I plan on regrowing my nails out in about another month for the spring. I'm just wearing my oldie buy goodie polishes for now.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Height: 5'7"

I've just tried Butter London polishes for the first time, and I'm quite impressed. Anyone else tried them? They're very expensive where I live (between $30-40 each) but I grabbed two in a sale and they're lovely.

I actually started a nail polish blog recently, and it's a great distraction from eating! Am I allowed to post a link to it here? I don't want to break any linking rules!
FerrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #66  
Meow

S/C/G: HW: 285+ / tracker

Height: 5'4"ish

Not a total junkie but man am I getting there. There are so many shades I have yet to try on my nails.
bugsiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 154/ticker/104

Height: 5'1"

I'm completely addicted to polish. I've been buying myself a new one (usually the cheaper brands) for every week I lose weight. I'm looking for a non-shimmery pale yellow or off-white for my next purchase, any suggestions?

FerrisW, I have no idea about the linking rules, but I'd love to see your blog. I'd start one of my own if I had a good camera.

Oh, and I'm wearing OPI The World Is Not Enough right now!
Hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #68  

Height: 5'6

ive added like a good 50 to that pile lol! def junkie here.

Last edited by luckystreak; 02-07-2013 at 02:25 PM.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #69  

luckystreak- I love your collection, and I'm jealous!

Hazy- I haven't tried it myself but I've seen swatches of Essie's Barbuda Banana and I think it's a really nice yellow on the paler side.

My blog is lusterforlife.blogspot.co.nz. I'm just getting started, but it's a lot of fun, and is a nice goal to have that isn't weight loss related! You should start one of your own- I use a really basic digital camera, and I think my pictures come out decent enough! I've seen blogs with pictures taken with people's cameras and they still look nice so you really don't need a fancy camera or anything. Don't let that put you off!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #70  

Height: 5'6

hehe thanks!

I forgot to answer the thread;

Im currently wearing
not into pinks, but love corals.

Last edited by luckystreak; 02-08-2013 at 03:34 PM.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 250/181/169

Height: 5'5

Me! I am in so deep with nail polish! Obsessed!
Currently wearing Essie: Butler Please- Amazing!

Love this thread!
Ilovesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #72  

Figured I should finally get around to posting a picture! I'm wearing an Australian brand called Gloss n Sparkle, and the colour is called Unicorn Droppings!

Last edited by FerrisW; 02-09-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Picture turned out to be humongous! Oops!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #73  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Picked up a new bottle today! Essie's Jam n' jelly. I love it...

When I was in the U.S last year I bought a box with 10 small bottles in different colors from The Color Workshop. Loved some of the colors, but the brushes were really useless...Anyone got any idea how I can use them anyway? Don't want to let them go to waste
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote