Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #31  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Ok, I had the BB about a month ago and I am SO happy with it! it has made my lifr so much easier and with the rain this week I did not have to do a thing, NO FRIZZ!
I have another one in anothe 2 months and will continue with the BB for as along as my stykeis wants to do them :-)
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

I've thought about it, but I know I wouldn't keep it up. I've learned to love my curly hair through the Curly Girl system. Though some days I still wouldn't mind having straight hair lol!
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #33  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

yhahmd,
not much up keep at all, not saying you should do it but just know there is nothing to do but use the shampoo/conditioner that come with the process. I think most women do this in the summer when the humidity is bad.

Just sayin'
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #34  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

bacilli- Thanks for your help! I told my stylist as she was doing it that i planned on going to the gym that day. It was also drizzling very steadily that day and I commented on that and she said it wouldn't bother it. So I went to they gym and sweated like crazy for 2 hours. I sweat so much more with my hair down! I waited until saturday night to finally wash my hair and I had worked out 2 more hours that morning. She suggested after shampooing, to put the CHI conditioner (Infra treatment) in, and leave it in over night to let it completely penetrate and then rinse it out in the morning. So last night I washed and then put in the conditioner, combed it through and put my hair up in one of those shower cap type things and went to bed. Rinsed it out this morning, sprayed on the keratin mist, brushed it and let it air dry. I'm pleased to say that my hair is still looking good! It feels soft and there aren't any kinks. I have decided that I am going to let it air dry and not try to flat iron it for a week or so just to let it recover somewhat. I really don't see myself needing to flat iron that much though because it is really nice looking just after air drying!

I don't really like the smell of the CHI products but since I already bought them and they are specifically designed for the straightening process then I am going to use them up, but will get something else afterwards. Where do you get your coconut oil from? Do you leave it in like a 'mask' and then rinse out? Very interested in trying something a little more natural.
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #35  

Height: 5'6"

You can get coconut oil at most groceries, usually near the health food or organic items. Look for extra virgin coconut oil, and keep it in the fridge. It will turn solid, but go back to liquid with the warmth of your hands. I put it in my hair, mostly at the ends, and let it sit for 30 minutes or so, then wash it out. Just make sure you rinse well, or you may look greasy. Then again, I have dry hair and an oily scalp, so it could just be me.

Coconut oil and Moroccan Oil are the two products I swear by. Oh yeah, and Sally Beauty's Wen knock-off. With these three, I can have healthy straight hair or embrace my curls without frizz and frustration.

I'm glad you're enjoying your new hair!
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #36  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I found a place nearby that has Extra virgin coconut oil! I will be getting some and trying it out ASAP. hehe I love hair stuff
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote