Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #31  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Oh, that first one was super cute!
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 176/158/136

Height: 5'2"

Those bras are beautiful. I feel like I have been wearing my grandmother's bra in style. Now I am ready to raise my standands. Great thread
LynnDear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #33  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Then based on what she saw (not on measurements) she had me try on about 100 bras (in different brands and styles). The difference between what I was wearing and what she recommended was incredible! I looked like I had different boobs.

And thank goodness my correct size isn't 38I as the online charts suggested (which sounds completely horrifying to me ) but a 36G (which still sounds huge but not quite so bad!).
I love that first black one. That one looks like it might actually work with my body shape. I actually tried on that "jungle" style one this weekend but the straps didn't adjust long enough for me (I'm really tall), so it didn't fit right. But it felt wonderful. Usually Wacoal bras kind of smash me down, but that black one is cute. How are the seams on that? Do they show through?
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #34  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
How are the seams on that? Do they show through?
I'm not sure what you mean.

The one that shows up in black in the link I actually got in nude.

@LynnDear - I totally understand about the "grandmother bra" comment! Fortunately the bra industry has changed somewhat in the last few years and it's now possible to get a larger size bra without buying something white that comes in a box! I wore nothing but white bras for years and years and will never buy another! And these specialty bras in the not-off-the-rack sizes are just wonderful.

@Brown - Wouldn't it be nice to be guaranteed to have smaller boobs if you lose weight? That would be an incentive for me! Unfortunately, like you, mine have never been small. I was a 34D in 8th grade!
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #35  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
I'm not sure what you mean.
Oh, sorry. I usually try to get seamless bras because I don't like how the seams on a bra show through when I wear a t-shirt. I don't like having visible seam lines running across my boobs. So that's what I was asking about on the black bra that you bought in nude.

Last edited by Windchime; 08-21-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:01 AM   #36  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Oh, sorry. I usually try to get seamless bras because I don't like how the seams on a bra show through when I wear a t-shirt. I don't like having visible seam lines running across my boobs. So that's what I was asking about on the black bra that you bought in nude.
Well, I wouldn't wear it with a thin form-fitting T, but it's ok with a regular cotton pullover type shirt. It's not terribly "lumpy" but it's not smooth either.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
Random: I've read that you should replace your bras every 6ish months.
Yes, the life of a well fitting bra worn twice a week is about 6 months a little longer if they are washed by hand.

A bra that twists, rolls , rides up, diggs in at the sides or has wires that poke will not last as long as a bra that fits properly.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #38  

Quote:
Yeah, if your best fitting bra is one that's totally wrong, they can at least measure you and get an idea of where to start. Chances are, they'll bring a couple of different things for you...at Nordstrom, they usually bring a "fitter" bra, which I guess is a bra that is really true-to-size, so they know where you are really starting from. The thing I like about being fitted is lingerie Australia they really know their stock, so they won't even bring you certain bras because the saleslady knows it runs small (or big, or whatever). It really takes a lot of the frustration out of bra shopping. My sister was wearing a 38DD and it turns out that she is the same size as me....34G. Her boobs looked pretty amazing once she was in the right bra.
So true about the
best fitting bra is the one
that is totally wrong!

Last edited by bigjosie; 08-23-2010 at 02:28 PM.
bigjosie is offline   Reply With Quote