Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiL View Post
I like the longer tops because most of my jeans are low cut and without a longish shirt........the belly will peep out and scare the children

Oh this made me laugh because I have 4 children and unslightly stretchmarks and when the fat is gone I"m gone have loose skin (my friend calls her belly freddy krueger because her excess skin and stretch marks make her belly look like his face lol). I like long tops as well, but I don't have a butt. (I carry weight in my belly). I'm also big on top so my boobs tend to "shorten" shirts which is frustrating. I prefer a shirt that is tighter in the chest and then flared in the belly. they make me look slimer and they usually tend to be long. Plus, the bigger my boobs look the smaller my waist looks. Thank goodness they've always protruded out farther than my belly!
guttergirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

I like the longer shirts, alot! I'm very hour glass shaped, even if I'm a fat hourglass! ha For example when I was in better shape my measurements were 40-29-44, so sometimes shirts will ride up high because of my hip-to-waist ration and it's super annoying. Long shirts help me avoid that. Love them!
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #18  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Were tops ever short? [she asks, oblivious to fashion trends, since she was fat & ignored a lot of them, including the belly reveal]
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I love long tops! More please. :-) It's funny, I find that I'm usually saying, "Why can't this tank top/shirt/whatever be longer??"

lol!
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #20  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

I love the long shirts, I have an hourglass figure and with a wide belt everything looks better. Leggings are super comfortable and low rise jeans are the best invention ever! I used to hate jeans because I was being cut in 2 with the ones that came to my waist.
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 129/120.6/118

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfishgirl View Post
LabMonkeyGirl - I totally agree with you. I am short waisted - my hip bones and my rib bones are only a finger's width apart. And more of an apple shape. The long shirts are impossible!

The tight ones highlight love handles and the babydoll make me look pregnant.

Here is a trick I just recently discovered. Even though I am not petite (I actually have super long arms and legs) I can find shirts in the petite section. This only works with short sleeves because then it doesn't matter that I have long arms. But the shirts are much shorter and work much better.

And I don't think you are saying you want a short shirt, you just want a shirt that isn't long. Like mid-length. I totally feel where you are coming from!
Yes, that is exactly what I meant! I love mid-length! Thanks for the suggestion to look in Petites.

The long and elastic super long stretchy tank tops cover my butt completely, and you can see the seams to the my jeans completely through the fabric, which also makes my butt look huge!
LabMonkeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #22  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I love the long tops. My breasts are huge (I was a 34DD when I weighed 140) so the long tops make me look less squat. Some stuff does go overboard, though. I bought a sweater without trying it on, got home and it looked like a dress!
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote