Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Arrow A Question For the Girlies

Do you think its wise to buy an item of clothing that is your desired size?
I put on an unexpected 2stone this year and it took me from a 18 to a 20. But id loike to be round a size 14.
Ive started my diet and the doctor has prescribed me orlistat and hoping to get a few stone off.
However i came across a georgous chemise (lingere) nightdress thing but its a 14 Its loverly and not expensive. Do you think its good to have an item that u can work towards getting in to?

Does any one else have an item they r working towards fitting in to??
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You know, when I was larger, I had no idea what my future body would look like or what my proportions would be...I'm an 8 now, but need a particular fit of pants, particular cuts of dresses and shirts, etc, and would have had no idea about any of that at my highest weight. So if I had purchased something, I don't think it likely that it would have looked good at my current weight anyway, just based on cut/fit.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I have a skirt and some tank tops that I bought in a size I think will fit eventually. I understand that our bodies change as we get smaller, but I figured tanks aren't a big deal, nor is a skirt. Besides, the skirt was SUPER cute, a color and material I LOVE, and less than $5 on clearance!! I couldn't NOT have gotten it. I say do it!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

I have a few items that used to fit that i keep for motivation, but generally any "goal" items are only 1 or 2 sizes down, and are items i already wear like a certain cut of jeans or type of top. I think though, being intimate wear, you'll be okay. if it doesn't fit perfectly everywhere it's not like you have to wear it at the office for 8 hours.
medinazarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:12 PM   #5  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't like the idea of "motivational" clothing. Yes, I do need to lose weight, and yes, I am making every effort to do so. Yes, I am eating according to my health needs, and yes, I am exercising.

An article of clothing isn't going to motivate me further. Also, I don't believe in putting beauty, style, or self-esteem on hold until the pounds come off. I believe I can be beautiful right now, and I want to wear beautiful clothes in the size I already am. Then when I lose weight, I can reward myself with another beautiful wardrobe, and donate the larger clothing to someplace that desperately needs them, so another queen-size lady can feel beautiful too.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #6  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

i think it can be a great motivator, so long as you make sure and keep it as motivation.
make sure you dont fall into a trap of having those clothes make you feel bad, because you dont fit into them quite yet.

personally i had a pair of pants that i had waaay grown out of. for the longest time i couldnt even button them and while i got rid of all my other non fitting clothes (both as i got bigger, and as i got smaller) i always kept this one pair. When i was heavier, i would try them on as motivation, to see as they started to fit and to remind myself why i was passing up desert.
and now, i like to try them on to remind myself how far ive come, and how much leaner and healthier and thinner i am now than i used to be. eventually id like these pants to literally be falling off me, but im still working on that.

my newest goal is to be able to wear a bikini top during summer, something i have literally never done before. so today i bought one. it makes me feel fabulous, and makes me motivated to look fabulous.

so yes, i think buying too small of clothes can be a great motivation to lose weight and keep going, just makes sure that it is a motivation and dont let yourself be discouraged by it.
You are buying it knowing that it doesnt fit now, but confident that one day, it will fit
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 402/277/healthy

Height: 5'4"

I say go buy it for yourself!! It's not like it's 10 sizes too small or anything like that! It's just a bit too big.

I don't set out to shop for things that are too small. But, if I come across something cute, and on sale, I get it.

Have fun!!
bluebutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #8  
Beings fats is brutals

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebutterfly View Post
I say go buy it for yourself!! It's not like it's 10 sizes too small or anything like that! It's just a bit too big.

I don't set out to shop for things that are too small. But, if I come across something cute, and on sale, I get it.

Have fun!!
I like that answer!!!

And yeah, HAVE FUN!!!
Metal Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 216/201/155

Height: 5'7

My motivational clothes usually go out of style before they ever slide over my hips!!!! Although i keep a pair of size 5 jeans from highschool that I like to be able to slip back into because they hold great memories!!! (I will be back in them!!!!)
britticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #10  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Don't do what I did and buy a bunch of clothes that are too small for you! I thought that if I bought everything too small I'd be forced to lose weight to get to wear all my new and pretty clothing. ...Nope. Didn't work at all. If anything, it frustrated me because I had nothing to wear. Maybe once I can fit into the stuff, I'll feel good and happy... but I haven't gotten there yet
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

This summer, when I went away on a trip to Europe for 3 months, I was in the middle of a fabulous weight loss plan... I thought I'd go to Europe - where EVERYONE is skinny and eats healthier than we do here in the USA (please sense my sarcasm) - and lose the rest of my weight. So, I took the clothes that were a little snug on me and some clothes that were too small. About 5 bottles of vodka, 3 weeks of constant partying, lots of drunk eating, and soooooooo many delicious Eastern European foods later, I was 10 lbs heavier and so depressed that I couldn't wear any of my foods. On top of all that, I couldn't really exercise where I was volunteering (I could have, I just chose not to) and I was homesick (which led to a lot more eating). Had I just brought normal clothes and not put such high expectations on myself, I think I could have at least held steady at my weight... Rather than packing on 25lbs.

.......all that said..........

I think if you just get that one piece of lingerie that you like (as long as it's just as gorgeous as you say it is!! and inexpensive), I think it can be motivational. Like many others on this thread, I keep a pair of jeans (those dark skinny jeans) that I still can't fit into, but it'll happen. I don't beat myself over not fitting into them, they're just a good tool to help me. Some day, I'll fit into them... and then they'll be too big... And then I'll need more sexy jeans! =)
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #12  

I bought some clothes that were about 2 sizes too small for me, planning on losing the weight and fitting into them. It took me 3 years to lose enough weight to fit into them and not only are they out of style, most of them don't fit right.

What I usually do to motivate myself is buy a pair of jeans in one size smaller than my current size and work toward that. And I make sure to buy the jeans in a style/brand that I've worn before in my current size! That way I know they'll be flattering when I am able to wear them.
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #13  
Owned by Dixie

I don't although lingere if not super fitted is a little different. I would rather spend money on something that makes me feel good NOW rathe than hoping to feel good later.

I am having so much trouble with clothing between the vanity sizing and the "stretch" factor, what I think fits in the store looks like garbage within an hour of wearing it.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

I totally use clothes as motivation. Whatever works for you!
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #15  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

I'd say get it! If it will keep you motivated, why not! And its a reasonable size and goal! Good luck!!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote