Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I'd Love to go on the show!! I'd nominate MYSELF if I could...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Some things are harder to pull off as we get older, but simple age based rules are ridiculous.
Yeah, I think you are right.

Yay summer 2010! lol
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 115/96/95

Height: 5'7''

This is an awesome show but looking around it seems like at least 1/2 of Americans look as bad or worse.
mayfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

Some age based rules aren't ridiculous :P

For example I don't think anyone should wear mini-skirts! (Sorry I just find them tacky and not flattering on 99% of people) Nor Uggs. Oh and leggings ARE NOT pants. I don't care what you think! They're not pants!
ibcnuldu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I've come to appreciate jackets as an important wardrobe staple! And I look for tops that flow over my belly rather than stick to it.

I was trying on a jacket earlier this year and knew it didn't look great on me. At first I couldn't figure out why, and then I realized there were decorative pockets that made my hips look bigger. That's NOT a feature I want to accentuate.

So, I'd say I learned quite a bit from them.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I love it too! And yes, I think about them when I'm shopping.

A blouse, jacket and dark straight legged jeans with heels? I feel like a million bucks!

Another thing I've learned is that you don't have to have a pile of clothes. My closet is fairly skimpy but I can look nice all the time.

Another thing (this is it, I promise) is about using a seamstress to alter things. A few tiny modifications can make a world of difference.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcnuldu View Post

For example I don't think anyone should wear mini-skirts! (Sorry I just find them tacky and not flattering on 99% of people) Nor Uggs. Oh and leggings ARE NOT pants. I don't care what you think! They're not pants!

I'm not a fan of looking "slutty" but I do think certain short skirts or dresses are totally adorable. Especially dresses! I'm such a dress lover these days anyway... I can't imagine not being able to wear a totally hot dress just because I'm 35 and it comes to mid thigh.

I like Uggs. I think they're very cute with skirts and jeans. I don't own any Uggs, though...just not sure I could pull off the look very well.

I don't like age based rules. I think it's an individual thing. It's about how you look in the outfit.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

But it sounds like you've declared those awful on everyone. Therefore, not age-based rules
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
But it sounds like you've declared those awful on everyone. Therefore, not age-based rules
True

Most of the people I see wearing those things are high school age. I saw a girl wearing a shirt and leggings the other day. No shorts, no skirt, nada. I felt like I was getting a sneak peak or something. Not to mention it was like FIVE degrees outside :|

I'm not saying anyone can't pull them off, but a lot of times they tend to look very juvenile and you see them like 50000x a day. What happened to changing it up?

Last edited by ibcnuldu; 12-17-2009 at 12:24 PM.
ibcnuldu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
True

Most of the people I see wearing those things are high school age. I saw a girl wearing a shirt and leggings the other day. No shorts, no skirt, nada. I felt like I was getting a sneak peak or something. Not to mention it was like FIVE degrees outside :|
I can live without the sneak peaks too, regardless of age.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #26  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I love the show and I have withdrawal symptoms since there have been no new episodes for at least 2 months (and hardly any reruns, either).
I consider most of their makeovers very successful although I don't like how Stacy forces everybody to wear jewellery. Not everybody is not that. I think most of haircuts (by Nick) were excellent although in a few cases I would have prefer to see something else on the "victim".
Personally, I bought a few items based on their advice (things I would have never purchased myself, like a raspberry coloured suede jacket) and I got so many compliments on it.

(Stacy and Clinton - if you read this - you are welcome to go through my closet any time!)
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote