Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default First mini goal reached! Getting my hair cut - after photos post 7

My first mini goal was to get out of "overweight" and down to a "healthy/normal weight" BMI. I'm technically still overweight (my BMI is 25.08, healthy is 24.9), but I'm close enough, and I have the time and extra cash to get it done.

My hair is loooooooong, down to my lower mid-back. I'd like to keep the length (getting split ends trimmed, of course), but I'd like to have an obvious style. I'm going to tell my lady (I trust her) to put as many layers in as she wants. The shortest layer though, shouldn't be above my chin, because I still want to put all of my hair back easily for working out.

I know EVERYONE wants to get their hair cut like Jennifer Aniston, but I'd like to get the layers like she had when her hair was really long.

My hair now is just kinda blah. I'm excited to have a flirty style to play with again. Just one more step in the right direction to the confident new me!

Here's a fairly recent photo of me and my boyfriend at his unit's ball. My hair has actually grown 2 or 3 inches since this was taken. It hangs well down past "the girls," haha. (This was also at the end of the night, my hair was ratty and flat at this point).
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._2661080_n.jpg

Last edited by mkendrick; 12-14-2009 at 07:26 PM.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/189/144

Height: 5' 4"

Very cute! That's a great way to reward yourself. I have long hair too (it's short in my profile pic) and I love it but struggle with different styles for it. I love having layers though. I think you will too! Congrats! You'll feel beautiful all around. (And you really are!)
kaliyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #3  
One step at a time

Ok, here are the official "before" pictures. I took these like 10 minutes ago.

A few things to notice, other than my ridiculously long hair:
1) I think I look pretty in these photos. I haven't liked a photo of me in ages
2) I'm wearing size 10 jeans and don't have a muffin top! I was wearing size 14 in July
3) I'm wearing a medium-size shirt AND jacket. I haven't worn that jacket for about two years, and last time I had it on, the zipper was about to bust. I now have some wiggle room in it.

So, yay for me I'll post after pictures soon. Oh, and the HorseGroomingSupplies thing is because I uploaded these photos on another forum I'm a member of....hope that's ok....I'll change it later.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #4  
Striving 4 better health!

S/C/G: 186/155/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow, your hair is soo long! I bet it will look cute with long layers in it
heather1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #5  
One step at a time

Update...

Well, I just got back, and I can't say I'm 100% happy. She didn't get what I was saying about layers to frame my face...she seemed to think she had to cut off all my length to get layers. So, I'm back about 5 inches (I knew I'd have to take 2 or 3 because of split ends, but not THIS much). The layers aren't as layer-y as I wanted, and the back is just straight across. I pretty much have one slightly shorter layer by my face and that's it. I was pretty disappointed. I'm considering going somewhere else to have them do something with the back and actually give me layers, but I don't want to take anymore length off.

So...meh on after pictures, I liked my befores better. If I get motivated I'll put some afters. It doesn't look all that different, just a lot shorter.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

McKendrick, I'm so sorry you didn't get the cut you desired! I think your "before" pictures looked stunning. You are beautiful and I'm sure you still look stunning! I hope you will post the pictures up anyway....maybe it's not quite that bad? Either way, congrats to you on fitting into those small jeans and tops! WOW!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #7  
One step at a time

Here are some after pictures. Sorry for the cleavage shots, lol. I'm kiiiind of getting used to it. It's still long in the pictures, and comparing it to the before pics, I almost look overwhelmed with all that hair. And the ends do look healthier. It'll grow out in a few months, I suppose.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #8  
Striving 4 better health!

S/C/G: 186/155/140

Height: 5'3"

You have very pretty hair I think you need a little bit more layers to get the look that you are wanting, with maybe the shortest layer being a little bit shorter then what it is now. It often helps to take a picture to the stylist to show them an example of what you are going for.
heather1982 is offline   Reply With Quote