Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-25-2008, 03:16 AM   #31  
Operator265

Oh yay!!! i'm so glad I found this thread. I'm on Day 2. I started the Chantix 2 weeks ago and severely cut back last week, then yesterday I had my last one.

I can testify to the metabolism shift. I gained almost 10 lbs in 4 days when I was cutting back. I cheated a couple of times, but it sure as **** wasn't no 10 lbs. worth!!!!!! Fortunately, by my official weigh in day I had come back to within 5 lbs of my previous weight. I have started using my treadmill 20 min. a day as taught in Body-for-Life and burned 140 cals just in that 20 min. plus the extra afterwards. Having done that for the last three days, I'm within 1 lb of my previous weight. Needless to say, I've found my replacement addiction. "Hi. I'm Op265 and I'm a treadmill junkie." Pretty cool, huh?

When I get back from Reno on August 2, I'm going to get some free weights and start doing the BfL excersises. I can't wait!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #32  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
I gained almost 10 lbs in 4 days when I was cutting back. I cheated a couple of times, but it sure as **** wasn't no 10 lbs. worth!!!!!!
Argh I know what you mean. I went from 214 - 221 in almost a couple of days after my quit!!! I thought "ahh it's just water weight". It has yet to come off. Yeah I'm eating a few more things - but 7 lbs worth? I think not!!! Then again TOM is just around the corner

I'm doing okay. I'm having a problem keeping my damned patches on!!! It's been SOOOO HOT and humid here that they keep dropping off. I've tried medical tape- and even that doesn't work (I'm just too darn sweaty)! My patch came off last night around 9pm. I figured "what the heck, I'll just put one on again in the morning when it's cooled down". I didn't sleep a freaking WINK last night.

If worse comes to worse, I'll buy the damed gum.

I've been trying to get in some walking again. 10 min in the morning and 20 minutes after work. It's not much, but it'll help! I normally walk fast - I just push myself to walk faster.

My DH said, don't push myself too much - we're going to Hawaii in a week - and he's worried that I'll get sick (which is what usually happens if I stress out about it too much). He said, just eat healthy - my body is most likely retaining lots of water to make up for the junk no longer in my system. And to focus more on my weight when we come back. I love him

Last edited by tamaralynn; 07-25-2008 at 08:45 AM.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #33  
Operator265

Sounds like your DH is a keeper!!!

Do you ever have those times when someone royally ticks you off and rather than slap the living **** out of um you hold back b/c your think you might be being touchy b/c you've quit smoking and are on a diet. Then you think about it for awhile and realize, no, the person was being an a$$hole and should have gotten the living **** slapped out of um. Yep, I'm having one of those days.

But, ain't worth smoking over. Then the a$$hole would really have a victory.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:45 AM   #34  
Operator265

Also, Tamara, be carefull with the gum. My dentist told me it destoyed my teeth.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #35  

Height: 5'7.5"

Thumbs up Great to see your hanging strong

[COLOR="Magenta"]I've thought about you a few times this wk. guess I was going back in time those 8yrs.(and 1month)ago...Once I locked it in my head that no way/no one/no how was I ever going to smoke again no matter how *****y I got,then I was like a steam roller. I am so glad I told everyone I lived with/and care about up front that this was how it had to be if I was never going to smoke again...and if I was just too much to take,to pls. walk away. I did ALOT of deep breathing,and journaling every day,and just put all my anger,frustration down in print...and wow,did I learn alot from that! They say take it a day at a time, but sometimes I had to take it a hour at a time...This is probably the very first time I was absolutely taking care of myself over my concerns for the rest of the world. One thing that I did do,which is contrary to what some quit smoking bks.etc. tell you to do. I kept the last two ciggs of a pack and my bic lighter,rolled up and put masking tape all around it. I put it in a cubboard in the garage. I knew it was there,but it was the CHOICE I was making NOT to go there and smoke...because for me that is key,that it was my choice....I knew that if someone took the ciggs away, and told me 'you can't have any'...I'd drive through snow to get some...so they had to be available,and then I had to continually make the choice over and over. I wish you well,and if I can help let me know~CHOICES...COLOR]
choices is offline   Reply With Quote