Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-19-2008, 07:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

Default I hate pantyhose!!!

Ugh! If I pull the waistband over my belly, it squeezes and hurts, and if I don't pull them over my belly I get the world's worst muffintop. Control top or no control top, this happens and I hate it! It's so uncomfortable and looks awful. Aren't there any painless alternatives?!?!
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:32 AM   #2  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Have you tried thigh-highs with a garter belt? The garter belt I have isn't uncomfortable, but it does hold my stockings up. If the skirt you're wearing isn't too short, people shouldn't be able to see the tops of the stockings. I got mine at Fredrick's of Hollywood, but you must still be able to find that combo somewhere. I agree with you about pantyhose. I stopped wearing the full version long ago--not only did they give me hellacious muffin top, but I got a nice zippy swishing sound every time my thighs rubbed together.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

how about stay ups?
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #4  
Weight Watcher

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'6"

sounds like you need to go up a size. the chart on the back is just a guide - sometimes if your legs are longer/shorter than the average, or you're curvy/no curvy the chart isn't going to work for you.

You might be shortwaisted, and you need more length in the part that goes near your waistline. A larger size might do the trick; there are also brands that go up higher.
HiHoHiHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:06 PM   #5  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I hate the Leggs brand pantyhose for the very reason you describe. The ones that have a panty knit separately from the legs are generally more comfortable.

I just tried the Spanx and they are very comfortable but are HORRIDLY expensive.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #6  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I refuse to wear them because I hate everything about them too.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #7  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I hate pantyhose b/c no matter HOW Much weight I lose, I'll always be in the "Queen" size due to my height!!! No fair!!!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewJen View Post
I hate pantyhose b/c no matter HOW Much weight I lose, I'll always be in the "Queen" size due to my height!!! No fair!!!
Ugh, agreed! I had to wear queen-size hose even when I was skinny, due to my height, and they bagged something awful around my ankles.

Now, of course, I get muffin top and roll-over.

Therefore I never wear dresses or skirts.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Azure -- "zippy swishing sound" made my day. LOVE. IT!!!!

I use Spanx. They're just awesome. For real. Target makes a version of Spanx that works just as well!!! (At least I think it was Target.....check and see!)
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:00 PM   #10  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

One Word My Dear....SPANX! I adore them and they never roll down or create muffin top, just a smooth silouette under pants (they come down to mid-thigh and don't bind), skirts, dresses (they also come ALL THE WAY UP to under my bust). I love them and I feel fabulous in them. Even 10lbs ago I felt great when I wore them. I agree that the price is high, but I'll never be without at least a couple of the "Higher Power" slimmers...even when you're thin they get rid of every little bump.

My size 8 girlfriend also tried on their "Incognito" slimmer and it took her down at least a full size! She stepped out of the changeroom at the women's show with a look of wonder on her face becuase her size 8 jeans were hanging way loose. Awesome products!

Cheers,
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

But can you still breathe in them?

Must go look for these at Target this weekend...
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #12  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Instead of pantyhose...try tights. They are more comfortable and much more durable. Not as snug. Tights also help with the thigh rubbing thingy. Try going a size bigger than it suggests on the packaging.
If you are wearing pants, wear trouser socks, they are like hose, but only knee high.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #13  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblue View Post
But can you still breathe in them?

Must go look for these at Target this weekend...
Absolutely! They are the most comfortable of all the undergarments I've even owned...and trust me there have been a few! LOL

My mom buys the ones from Target...they're called Assets. Both products are made by Sarah Blakely. They're a little bit lower quality and a lot lower price! If you're looking for a dramatic difference in your silouette...splurge and purchase just one pair of original Spanx. Assets are great for daily wear, but if you have a dress you want to show off for a special occasion buy the higher end product...you'll be glad you did.

I made the mistake of buying two pairs off Ebay. One pair was the original (tag says Made in USA as all REAL Spanx do) and one paid was a knock-off (tag said Made in Phillipeans). The knock-offs were crap and didn't do at all what the originals do. Make sure if you're buying from Ebay that you confirm with the seller that the tag says "Made in USA" or if they're in the original packaging then it should also be OK.

You can check out the website for Spanx and read about all the wonderful attributes. I'm a huge advocate of this product because I believe that when you find something that you love that does what it claims you should tell people. You gals down in the US are lucky because Spanx are available in plus sizes from their website (maybe even in some of your stores), but up here in Canada there is only one online retailer and they only carry "regular" sizes. I got my size E ones by purchasing online and having them shipped to my mom in MO.

Cheers,
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #14  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

I belive that panteyhose were invented by someone who was a sausage enthusiast.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #15  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I hate hate hate em.

The 2nd largest size is too tight and painful. The biggest size slides down. UGH!

I may have to try the thigh highs Heck I didn't even bother wearing anything (well other than panties LOL) under my wedding gown.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote