Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #31  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I lost 74 lbs and went from a 42G to a 36C with required underwires (they aren't where they used to be if ya know what I mean). I miss throwing my bras in the washing machine but I don't miss the weight!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #32  
Rachel

S/C/G: 280/258/170

Height: 5'7"

Smile

I don't think I've changed that much boob-wise since I've started WW, as I've only lost about 20lbs. The problem is I've always been a plus-size girl, but I don't have huge boobs. I'm only a 42C, and I have friends that are D's or DD's. I also have sloping shoulders so I can't tell with the bra thing either. I may see it as being too big, but then it could just be an ill fitting bra, i don't know. Once i lose a little more weight, I will look into getting a bra fitting, as I don't think I've had a proper one done before. Lol, I have told my husband that it's one of the first things to go and he was not thrilled (he'll survive).
librarygirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

librarygirl-as you lose weight, you may find that you have less trouble with the shoulder straps on the bras...

When bras are made larger in the band, the whole frame of the bra is larger. If you have a 32 band bra, and a 40 band bra laid out together, the straps are further apart on the larger bra.

If you are naturally smaller framed with narrower shoulders, you may experience strap slipping, even if the ribcage band fits. As you lose weight and go down to a smaller band size...your ribcage (because of less fat covering it) will be more proportionate to your skeletal frame. Your straps will be closer together, and the fit will be better.

Patience!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #34  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Umm i only got fitted once and it was at Vicki's and they ladt just told me "sorry we dont have anything that big you need to go to a department store" ugh i was super aggrivated. Most bras i can wear a 36DD but there is no way i can fit into a DD at Vicki's haha thats a joke. Ill stick with fredericks of hollywood
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

I still find it hilarious that a store that specializes in LINGERIE, does not carry anything above a size 8 panty or a D bra...now, I don't expect them to carry a super-sized 7X, but you would think they could at least go to maybe a size 10 panty or so, and a 42band and DDD cup.

You would think...
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #36  

yeah thats a problem with bra sizes dont going that high
crazyaboutgym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 172/165/140

Height: 5'4"

I was a 32DD in high school, a 34E after my first child, a 36F after my 2nd and now, after the 3rd am a 36G. I walked into Victoria's secret and the 16yo clerk there looked at me like I had 3 heads and actually said, "They make them that big?"

Nordstrom only carries up to a DDD. I saw the Oprah show about how 75% of women are wearing improperly fitting bras. Nordstrom had a huge sign saying that an that they were having a "Big Bra Event." Apparently the event was big, not the bras because I asked a "senior bra fitter" and she said they'd have to special order me something out of the catalog. They all looked like Attilla the Hun Body armor. I passed. Well no wonder so many women are in improperly fitting bras. Properly fitting bras are not readily available.

I had the most luck at a women's boutique specializing in post-mastectomy products. The woman there has certifications in bra fitting and prosthesis fabrication.

By the way, my boobs are the first place I gain and the last place I lose. I doubt in the next 30 pounds until goal that my chest will deflate enought to shop in normal stores. I've looked forward to a reduction since high school but in October I had blood clots in my lungs and they are strongly discouraging any "elective" surgeries. **sigh**
pamperedsteph is offline   Reply With Quote