Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #16  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I'm an easy bra sell- I shop at WalMart and Target.... 38C and I LOVE Hanes t-shirt bras. VERY comfy.

Everybody THINKS I'm a D-cup. But I'm a heavy-C. D-cups tend to pucker a little at the top. I hate that.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 AM   #17  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

No bras yet! They had to order them for me because they didn't carry the colors I wanted when I went to the store. They said it would take 5-7 days, but I was just hoping they would come early! (I was at the store on Saturday)! I have some places to go this weekend, and I was really looking forward trying them with my nice clothes!
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:54 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

I just keep changing up top. I bought a bra 3 weeks ago that is a 44B and it fit me great. (Haven't been a B since Junior High. Maybe). Now when I measure myself I'm a 42D. Which I doubt because I just can't fill them up. It is driving my crazy. I can lose weight and all my measurements except my chest sizes change. I'm one of those lucky ones who lose tons of weight up top before my bottom decides to get into the game.
kgood2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:12 PM   #19  
Aoife

S/C/G: 217/168/155

Height: 5foot 6inches

I've lost like, 49lbs, and my bra size is exactly the same. I've lost any hope of ever being smaller than a 36FF

Last edited by TwinkleTwinkle; 05-16-2007 at 03:18 PM.
TwinkleTwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:32 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

Ugh. Bras.

Back in high school (pre-weight gain) I was a 32D. Which was ridiculous, because it's not really a size that stores like to carry. Post-weight gain, I'm in a 38 to 40 DD (my weight is mostly in my stomach, hips, thighs, and butt- didn't gain much up top). I've been fitted several times at a variety of different stores and yet I've never ever found a bra that fits comfortably. I think the cup and band size is correct, but for some reason I can't keep the straps on my shoulders. I've tried sizes bigger and smaller than the one the people doing the fittings suggest, I've tried different styles, and I've had zero luck. I know there's a place near here that makes custom bras but I've heard they're insanely expensive. The only solution I've ever found is a racerback bra and I can't stand those. Someone suggested that because I'm so short (especially from hip to shoulder) even at the tightest setting the straps are too long. But I'm not THAT short. Grr. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Why won't my bra straps stay on my shoulders?
kella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:20 AM   #21  

Uggh, bras. Try being a 44 B/C. My boobs are pretty nice and average, my back is super super broad though. Finding bras that fit and aren't old-ladyish is a battle. Lane Bryant is the only place I can find my size, and it doesn't even come in all the models because it's so awkward haha. I wear a size 14 jeans. It's just all outta proportion.
ordinarysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

If you're trying to lose weight, you should be getting new bras or at least reassessing your sizes every 2 months at most! Reason being, is when you put your bra on, you stretch it around yourself, a bra can lose its elasticity in the wash as well. As you're getting smaller, your bra will not necessarily follow suit! Always follow the instructions for washing bras and panties!!

Also, different store's products will fit you differently. I would not go into Victoria's Secret and get fitted for a 38D, then go into walmart and immediately pick bras of that size. Sadly enough, I've learned that from my own experience as well as other peoples!!

Try, try, try before you buy!
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #23  
Candcmama

S/C/G: 180/169/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kella View Post
Ugh. Bras.

The only solution I've ever found is a racerback bra and I can't stand those. Someone suggested that because I'm so short (especially from hip to shoulder) even at the tightest setting the straps are too long. But I'm not THAT short. Grr. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Why won't my bra straps stay on my shoulders?
Kella, maybe your shoulders are more slope-y than average? As an experiment, maybe you could try this: on one side, use a safety pin to pin the strap shorter. On the other side, wrap a rubber band or hair-rubber-band around the strap where it goes atop your shoulder. That should tell you whether it's a matter of the straps being too long for your body or whether you are just shaped in a way that makes it easy for them to slip.

If the answer is the second scenario, perhaps you could sew a bit of banding or ribbon between your straps in the back, to help keep them together (the same idea as a racer back, but not as dramatic a change).
candcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

I use the double-sided tape to keep my straps in place....it works wonders!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #25  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Post bras... ugh!

As a 36E/F/DDD - depending on brand, I have fun () shopping for bras also. The straps frequently fall off my shoulders too - Kella, I have to look for bras where the straps aren't too far apart at the back. Not necessarily racer back styles but just look at the placement of the straps on the band. Different brands are different. I avoid the "balconette" type bras, the straps are always outside my shoulder blades and never stay up. My solution has been to go up from 34 to 36 and keep the bra on a tighter hook setting. I do have to try on EVERY bra I buy though, even brands I've had before often have straps too far apart. I recently bought a convertible strap/strapless bra and sometimes wear it with the straps crossed in the back, that seems to work.

nelie - if you have gone down a band size or more then it's very possible to go up a cup size if your boobs themselves haven't shrunk. I used to be a 34F/G before putting on all the weight I'm now trying to lose. Now that I wear a larger band size I'm down a cup size because they are closer. So if you were say a 38C you could easily go "down" to a 36D or 34D without getting larger breasts. Losing 125 lbs (congratulations!!) probably means a big change in band size so the cup sizes will be very different too.

I do have to endorse a good bra shop and proper fitting though. I don't always buy my bras there, often I will buy one and then keep note of the others I like to check them out on figleaves or another similar website. They can be much cheaper that way, even accounting for the canadian exchange necessary. For some reason when I went to get fitted last, despite losing weight, they brought me 38" band sizes after measuring, but they were all too loose so I ended up with 36, which is what I had expected. However, if I put my measurements into those online "bra calculators" they always give me a too large back size and too small cup size than works in reality. Not sure why.

For reasons not known to me, the UK is a MUCH better place to shop for bras with a small back and larger cups. I will sometimes find a bra I like here then get my sister there to find several of them for me.

As for changes in weight, I just hope that my boobs shrink as my band size does with the weight loss since the larger cups are always hard to find! But I'm not hopeful so could end up with the 34F/G again I know.

Snuggles,
Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #26  

I have a hard time bra shopping as well- I second the importance of a good bra fitting- it makes such a difference. The good news is that more and more department stores have fitting experts- and they have a better size range than Victoria's Secret. I've heard Lord & Taylor has a great selection, so that may be a good place to start if you have one near you.
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I'm FINALLY going to get a fitting done tonight, I hope!! I've been buying bras at random, trying to guess at the right size. No go...I was a 38D when I started, and my at-home measurements said I was still a 38, and a C. So I bought a 38 C...nope. Boobs didn't come near filling the cup. So today I did a 38B...same problem - a big gap from the top of the boob to the top of the bra. I'm wondering if my now-deflated chest will have to be put into an A cup, since they've got no form now. They're full enough for a B, but that didn't work.

Maybe tonight I'll get lucky...because right now I HATE my boobs...I just want to wear a big sack to hide 'em...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxjob View Post
However, if I put my measurements into those online "bra calculators" they always give me a too large back size and too small cup size than works in reality. Not sure why.

Always. I actually find those calculators are not so bad as long as I subtract a band size and add a cup size right off the bat But then, it seems like most women you see on the street have the band riding up in the back and boob spillage from the cups, because the band is too big and the cups too small. The calculators are whack. Whack. You almost always need to wear a smaller band and bigger cup than you think you do. Just try it

Geez, ok, off my soapbox now. I'm a little resentful at being taught for decades to get the wrong size

Last edited by JulieJ08; 06-20-2008 at 04:14 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #29  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

I agree with Baffled111 -- bras are SUPER important. IMO, the most important part of the wardrobe, bc no matter how cute an outfit might be, if your boobies look all weird, that outfit won't work.

Although I can shop at Victoria's Secret et al, I *prefer* the bras at Lane Bryant -- I feel they are better-made and are more generous with material. And, generally, I LOVE molded cups with underwire -- I love everything about them, the shape, the support, the way they look under clothes, THE SHAPE, the feeling of, "Yes, I AM stacked."
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:29 AM   #30  

Height: 5'5"

Bras are confusing. I love the Lane Bryant ones...so far they're the best I've found for me. I've recently lost 40+ lbs... and my bra size hasn't changed at all. 38DD.... this is so hard for finding tops. I swear, I can not find clothes that fit right because of the boobs
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote