Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #106  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My greatest NSV yet. Last night my 2yr. old grandson begged his mom to bring him here to "play with grandma". For a long time I was too sick and too overweight to get in the floor and play with him. When he got here he said "thank you mama for bringing me to grandma's." Even a 2 yr. old realizes that grandma is a lot more fun now. We had a blast. His little heartfelt words almost made me cry.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:31 PM   #107  
Meg

That is so sweet! What a victory for you - makes it all worthwhile, I'm sure.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #108  
lilybelle

Thanks Meg, being an active healthier grandma is the best thing in the world and it does make it all worthwhile. I can't wait now til he gets to play teeball and I get to go watch his games.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #109  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Chocolate update - they are now open and I've only eaten one. So far so good for the mature relationship. I have decided to put them in a room I don't go in too often to see whether that helps now the wrapper is off.

One more before bed is all I'm allowing myself. I've told myself that if I can eat them sensibly I'll let myself get luscious chocolates more often, but if I binge on them then I won't trust myself with them again. Hopefully that will persuade me to put long term pleasure ahead of short term chocolate cravings, but I'm not promising anything...
Old 12-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

Helen,

Another idea is to put them in something so you can't see the box then stick them in the freezer. That way to have a piece you have to 1) think of them and 2) defrost a piece. You can also make sure you only defrost one piece!! Although I can tell you this may not work...

As an adult I had to have braces on my teeth (thank God that is over). While I had the braces, someone gave me some really expensive truffles. In an effort to not eat them all at once I stuck them in the freezer. Later, I took one out and let it thaw. When I ate it I was immediately wanting to binge on the rest and I raced back to the freezer and grabbed another truffle and proceeded to eat it frozen. The truffle, frozen, was hard as a rock and I broke several of my braces' brackets as I attempted to bite it! Not only was it a complete nuisance having to go get the brackets fixed, but it was quite embarassing trying to explain to the orthodontist why I was eating a frozen chocolate !

Lindy
Old 12-15-2006, 08:47 AM   #111  

Good morning!

Lily, that really is awesome! What does NSV stand for? Tried to look it up, but I'm guessin' it's not Nullsoft Streaming Video, North Sea Ventilation OR a No Scalpel Vasectomy!!

Helen, best wishes for the continuation of that mature relationship. You are stronger than they are, don't forget that! I think Lindy's idea about freezing them is great - they'd be out of sight without quick access.

Lindy, your braces story was hilarious. But, it totally supports the strategy of freezing chocolate (especially truffles!), doesn't it?!

Survived another party last night! Nah, I'm kidding... It's not about surviving, it's about enjoying these things without regrets. It felt good waking up this morning without any "I wish I wouldn't haves." Stuck to my 2 lite beer max, ate only enough of my dinner to be satisfied and took two bites of the biggest, richest fudge mousse cake I've ever seen. I was only up .2 lbs this morning, so I'm taking this as a victory. No, scratch that. The victory is that I had a lot of fun without having to sacrifice my maintenance goals.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:18 AM   #112  
lilybelle

Karynlee, NSV is Non Scale Victory. I'm glad you enjoyed the party.

I found out last night that I am getting an elliiptical for Christmas from DH. Yeah, that is what I want.

Lindy, I had made no-bake cookies one night and decided to freeze them so that I would stay out of them. Didn't work, they were great frozen. Just took a little more effort to munch them, but I managed. Lol
Old 12-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #113  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Lilybelle, your frozen no-bake cookies reminds me of a story about my grandmother. One summer afternoon Grandma and I decided to make the no-bake cookies together. In her words, "It's just too hot to heat up that furnace."(oven). My grandmother always froze her cookies because it was just the two of them. (Her and Grandpa). Half of the batch went into the kitchen freezer and half went into the deep freeze in the basement.

Later that afternoon she went into the basement to do some laundry. While she was down there I remembered the cookies in the kitchen freezer and helped myself to one. As she came to the top of the basement stairs she saw me eating the frozen cookie and tried to laugh but couldn't because she also had a frozen no bake cookie she "stole" from the deep freezer on her way back upstairs. Like Grandmother, like Granddaughter... Whenever I see these cookies in the grocery, I always think of her.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:47 PM   #114  
lilybelle

Lol, Lydia, that is too funny.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #115  
Working My Way Back Down

Yummmm, no-bake cookies. They are outside my "I don't much like cookies" world. Mostly because they're made with a lot of PB. I'm not making any. In fact, I've told my DH to eat sweets when he sees them, because I'm not making him any. He has a party this afternoon for a group he volunteers for, and then we have a dinner tonight for the volunteer fire dept he's been a member of for over 20 years. That one is prime rib and potluck for the rest. Oh and baked potatoes. I should be okay as long as I stick with the green salads and unadorned veggies. Tomorrow night is a fancy dress dinner party given by the local hospital - where DH also volunteers (can you tell he's retired?) Whew. I've been eating light the rest of the time.

Lily, glad you're getting your elliptical. I know you'll enjoy it. Have no idea what DH has gotten for me.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:20 PM   #116  
lilybelle

I am now out of peanut butter and won't buy anymore until after Christmas. Making cookies is just too darn easy and too tempting for me.

I know I'm getting some kind of jewelry for Christmas too. I saw the box when DH showed it to my DD. I had mentioned wanting a pearl necklace. That would be great. I don't own any pearls yet. But, the elliptical is what I want more than anything. DH finally caved and told me he bought the elliptical because I mentioned that I'd rather have that than an exercise bike.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #117  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I've never heard of these no-bake cookies! I think I'll have to look online!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:19 PM   #118  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Oh Tara, no-bake cookies a full of yummies. Peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate. You know, since it has peanut butter(protein) and oatmeal(healthy carb) maybe I could convince myself they belong in my BFL diet....hmmmm. Okay, somebody stop my deluded thinking.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:26 PM   #119  
lilybelle

Lydia, that was exactly my deluded thinking. Now it's the reason I can't have peanut butter in my house. LOL
Old 12-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #120  
Working My Way Back Down

Tara - it's probably better you don't know!
Closed Thread