Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-28-2018, 04:02 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Jessica-- you're doing amazing! Keep it up!

Dagmar-- or anyone else-- any must see's or do's in Vancouver? Tips or advice?
We went in August so the activities were all mostly outside. I do recommend checking out Stanley Park, the Aquarium, and the Museum of Anthropology. We also really enjoyed the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Gardens (might not be so pretty right now) and hubby enjoyed the Capilano suspension bridge. Gastown is an interesting area of the City and so is Granville Island.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Thank you, Dagmar! I'm just praying it isn't too rainy so we can explore on foot. Our hotel is fairly near Granville Island. I'm super excited to go! We've been to Victoria, but never Vancouver-- and Victoria was only for a cruise port so we haven't really experienced Canada!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:04 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Jessica, you are doing so well! Especially considering a week of travel for the job!

Michele, have fun in Vancouver!
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:20 PM   #184  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Jessica, you're doing so well!

Michele, have a great time in Vancouver!

Doing quite well at my mum's. Have realised, again, that shop bread does not agree with me. I bought some rolls - not good for me (I cough and almost wheeze) so I topped up with more lentil and smoked bacon soup. Yummy.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:21 PM   #185  

The number on the scale can be such a strange thing. I am now 8 lbs. heavier than when I broke my foot. Yet my pants are only a bit too snug. Still wearable. I guess that's why I didn't register the weight creeping up - the pants-o-meter wasn't feeling it.

Dagmar
Old 04-02-2018, 04:03 PM   #186  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Well I did so well on my business trip and then ate too much this weekend between passover seders and easter candy. Oh well, today is a new day. Back on track!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #187  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

I know the feeling, Jessica!

I've been overeating during/since the holiday weekend. A bit discouraged. Back up to 141. Need to renew my commitment...
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:36 AM   #188  
in development

Today is another day! I plan a full body workout and not too much food.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:31 AM   #189  

Threw out the rest of my Belgian chocolate duck last night. It was painful but it had to be done. Back to my nightly "dessert" of small yogurt cup and cup of diced peaches. Precise portions and calorie counts helped me lose the weight and will help me again with this regain.

Dagmar
Old 04-03-2018, 05:55 AM   #190  
in development

Excellent work, Dagmar. Who on earth needs a Belgian chocolate duck in their lives? For heavens' sake.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:31 AM   #191  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Well I didn't throw away any chocolate, but I did finish eating it all last night so there's no more to tempt me. The kids still have a bunch that will be limited in quantity because the other day they ate too much chocolate and were a nightmare all afternoon! I missed my workout yesterday, half due to urgent work stuff that came up and half due to my own laziness. Today I will make it happen though.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #192  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Keep up the good work, everyone.

I made DH a vegan pineapple carrot cake for Easter, and haven't done much damage to it myself, thankfully (it is delicious). I remind myself that it's a cake for him, he needs the calories and I don't. Same with the non-dairy Ben and Jerry's that we got to go with it - when he eats regular ice cream it's a non-problem for me to avoid it, but he's switching more and more to vegan eating which means that his junk food is now the same as my junk food. More exercise for my self-control, but that's ok.

Monthly weigh in this weekend: exactly the same as last month (142). Unsurprising in retrospect: about 90% of the March was on-plan but 10% had a few sweets involved, and for me that's enough to stall out. I know that.

We have a big family trip coming up in late June - my dad has always wanted to go to Alaska, and I finally said "let's do it this year" (it's their 50th anniversary in June). Then my sister and her family felt left out, so I had to change the vacation so that all 7 of us can go. This is motivation to get the last few pounds off, there will be a lot of picture taking.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:00 AM   #193  
Workin' It

Birchie - I would love a Belgian chocolate duck, I can admit it. This might be part of my problem.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Birchie - I would love a Belgian chocolate duck, I can admit it. This might be part of my problem.
I do love their chocolate. I've eaten chocolate from many parts of the world and this store is still my favorite. They make it fresh on the premises. I've been buying from them for close to 40 years. The owner really wants to retire but her clients keep begging her to stay on for "just one more year"!

Dagmar
Old 04-05-2018, 03:22 AM   #195  
in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I do love their chocolate. I've eaten chocolate from many parts of the world and this store is still my favorite. They make it fresh on the premises. I've been buying from them for close to 40 years. The owner really wants to retire but her clients keep begging her to stay on for "just one more year"!
I like Belgian chocolate too. Just not the duck part.