Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I kind of got my Monday re-do yesterday. My weight reflects that today. So it's all good, but I can't tell you the amount of stress I've been under for the past few days!

I'm working with two different companies trying to get worker's comp quotes for the upcoming year. I wish I hadn't said yes to the guy who came a-knocking early last week. He's demanding more and more information for which I have to search and search. My gut wanted to say no and I should have. Just stick with my broker who already has all the needed information and let it go. But no, I said yes and am now on the hook. I did tell my broker that I have no intention of changing to the other guy.

Yesterday I had an 8-10 window for the window washers to show up and do my windows. Rushed home from work to be there by 8 and they finally showed up at 11:30! I had several work-related emails and phone calls which I really couldn't handle at home. I needed to be at the office. The window washers finished inside just after 1 PM so I could lock up and let them finish without me and I got to the office with 30 minutes to get all my work done. I had to take Misty to the vet for a f/u xray (she is pneumonia free!!!).

Left the vet at 3:30 and drove to my in-laws so we could welcome them back to town. This was quite relaxing and nice. Then home to fix dinner and walk the dogs.

After walking the dogs, I slipped on the water they spilled while drinking from their bowls and I crashed back first into the raised wrought iron drinking dish holder. I hurt all over but am strangely not bruised. But don't touch my back!!!! Ow.

I get to work today and my assistant called in sick. That means I have to do payroll. I do payroll maybe once a year, so I'm not that good at it, but thankfully I retain the knowledge and can get it done. Now to catch up on all the work from yesterday and get bank stuff done.

Oh, it's going to be a busy day!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #287  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I'm not AWOL - just busy!

I guess that I am now thinking of 148 as a red line - as soon as I went over it, out came LoseIt again.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hope your back is ok Allison! My mom slipped on her dog's water bowl years ago and broke her arm badly. She was going through chemo at the time so it took forever to heal-- complete with pins and screws. So, be careful!!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #289  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

" I'm not AWOL - just busy! "
Me too :>)

Safe, thanks for your honest answer about a no-measuring and no-journalling approach to weight loss/maintenance. You seem to follow a plan very much like the old WW "Core Foods" diet, which prescribed ad-libitum eating from a list of "safe" foods but (unlike all the other versions of WW) mandated staying away from a lot of things. What you're doing is clearly very far removed from the official IE stance, that you can eat anything you want, as long as you are able to hear (and obey) your body's fullness cues. Are you the ONLY person on this board who doesn't calorie count and log?

Not having a good week, calorie-wise. I swear I have a binge-eating switch that gets triggered any time I even approach 120. Binges are pathetic facsimiles, in that I eat things like Kashi puffs (by the cupfuls) or a whopping 4 graham cracker rectangles, but the high-carb calories are always enough to bounce me back toward 123 and beyond. I am my own worst enemy.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #290  

Andrea-- I don't calorie count. I have tried it in the past but I lost my weight on WW and continue to follow the plan. It works for me.

And I'm like you with my weight-- as soon as I start inching downward I do something dumb to spike it up again. Really trying hard to stay focused at the moment.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #291  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I had a whoosh this morning after sleeping in later than usual on my day off. I know I'm getting older, because my time of month is changing, from heavy and short to faint & lengthy. This one seemed to go on & on. But this morning, it ended & when I got up & looked at my feet, I knew I'd have a lower weigh-in. I am not kidding. When I can see all the details on the tops of my feet -- veins, tendons, etc. -- then I know I'm not retaining fluid. Sure enough, I was down over three pounds from last Friday's weigh-in, and I'm a comfortable margin lower than the "current weight" here indicates. This coming Friday, if I find I've stayed at that weight, I'll change my ticker.

Last edited by saef; 10-12-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #292  

saef~each morning before I step on the scale I put my hand on my tummy and I can judge by the pudge (haha) what my weight will be. I am about 90% accurate, too. So it's your feet and my tummy.

I've decided to name our feral kitty. A friend on Facebook suggested Cullet which is waste glass that is broken up and ready to go into the kiln for recycling into another type of glass. But we'll call him Cully.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #293  

Way to go Saef.
I'll like Allison-- I can usually predict my weight by my tummy-- almost to a tee. My weight has been lower the past two mornings but I'm also not changing my ticker yet-- we will see what happens after the weekend.

Book fair set up is today. Lots of moving boxes and tables so I should get more movement than usual at work and then follow it up with bikram yoga again hopefully.

Love the kitty name Allison. He needed a name.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

My weight is up a little, about 4-5 pounds, not too unexpected since I was away from my own kitchen for two days. I was in a Holiday Inn and had breakfst there,. I had something I never, never, never ,never have......biscuits and gravy they were so good and I must say I didn't feel like eating the rest of the day but the scale showed that I wasn't being too careful calorie wise. So now it is back to the drafting board.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #295  

bargoo~biscuits and gravy are to die for (if they're made right). I can really go overboard with that, so I never make it myself and if we go out for breakfast I usually skip that. But when we're on a cruise, I'll allow myself to have that for breakfast once. Once. Way too much fat in all the gravy and sausage, but ever to yummy. I'm sure your 4-5 pounds will be gone within the week as some of it has to be water weight and sodium gain.

I was ever so happy with the scale reading this morning. While not where I wanted to be at this point, it is an improvement so I'm not complaining.

I've been lax in my calorie counting. I gave up a week or so ago and absolutely forgot to start again. I will allow myself the rest of this week "off" and get back on starting Sunday.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #296  
Workin' It

Sorry I've been out of pocket here lately. Things have been crazy crazy crazy. Hopefully they are about to settle back down so I can get my head back in the game. On the upside, I've now exercised five out of seven days the last two weeks in a row. Woo!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #297  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

PMS anti-social demons. I'll weather it in a couple days. Still 147 as of this morning.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #298  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I was Upstate for a couple days, visiting my mother and, among other things, closing a bank account, making a payment on an oil painting that I've placed on layaway with an antique dealer, getting my teeth cleaned and getting some routine service on my car, which is far less costly up there.

Now I'm back and curious about the scale, but won't check until tomorrow morning.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #299  

It's just not right, I tell ya!

I was filling out the form for DS's cap & gown. They needed his height and weight. 5'11.5" and 148. He weighs one pound LESS than me AND he's 3.5 inches TALLER. Not fair bean pole!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
It's just not right, I tell ya!

I was filling out the form for DS's cap & gown. They needed his height and weight. 5'11.5" and 148. He weighs one pound LESS than me AND he's 3.5 inches TALLER. Not fair bean pole!
And I think it's only the male adolescents who go through the beanpole stage? I hit my adult height- 5' 4" - at 11 years old and my (basically) adult weight - 135 lbs. - at 14. Big change there is that at 14 it was fat and now it's mostly muscle.

Similar stuff in the dog world. Most of the dogs, male and female, go through a skinny colt period. Lucy and Vargas (1 year +) both are in it now. Hap is going to be slim for life (she's almost 2 now) and Morley (who's 4 1/2) is becoming kinda chunky around the middle. Stella, who celebrated her 10th birthday on Monday, lost 22 lbs. last year! That's over 25% of her body weight. Easier to do if you don't make your own food choices - LOL.

Dagmar
Closed Thread