Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 211/155/155

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone- I have to chuckle- I upped my calories yesterday, and still lost a half a pound overnight!! I remember the last 5 pounds I had to lose it took forever and now I am losing weight easier when i don't want to.
Shannon- I hope thing go better with your DSS.
Michele- it sounds to me that that the only reason to continue helping with WW is for your accountability. I guess it all boils down to how much you think you need the accountability. You have done very well for 4 years now and 2 hours pr week may not be a high price to pay, but you are the only one to decide. Good luck. Congratulations to your DD getting into grad school.
Jessica sounds like you enjoyed NYC. I have not been there in about 2 years, but love the place!!

Steve

Last edited by Slshappy; 03-28-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Slshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #17  
Workin' It

DSS had a great day at school yesterday. Did all of his work, was cooperative and friendly, stayed in his area, was just perfect. Was proud of himself, said it was a lot more fun to follow the rules and not be in trouble, had his teacher email all of us and tell us. Then this morning he made a very clear point to his dad that he wasn't promising to be good today, but that he would try to have a good day. We're nervous, but hopeful.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

[quote=Shannon in ATL;4270951]DSS had a great day at school yesterday. Did all of his work, was cooperative and friendly, stayed in his area, was just perfect. Was proud of himself, said it was a lot more fun to follow the rules and not be in trouble, had his teacher email all of us and tell us. Then this morning he made a very clear point to his dad that he wasn't promising to be good today, but that he would try to have a good day. We're nervous, but hopeful.[/quote

Your dss reminds me of a friend of mine. He was a real troublemaker in school. The nuns used to say, "Tony, you are going to go to the gallows." I don't know when or how he turned his life around, but he grerw up to be a successful business man and an all around nice guy.

Last edited by bargoo; 03-28-2012 at 02:56 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #19  
Workin' It

Thanks, Bargoo. Let's hope DSS turns his life around like your friend.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Michele, congrats to your DD! I hope she gets a GA position - they are a lot of work but definitely the way to get yourself through grad school in my opinion.

Shannon, great news about DSS. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him today.

Today I honestly feel like eating a pizza and crawling back into bed... but I am not going to do that.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #21  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

haha - I married one of those! DH was a juvenile delinquent who ended up doing 10 days in jail when he was 18 for stealing car radios. He spent the 10 days thinking about his direction, got out, and told each one of his friends he never wanted to see them again. Still took him more than the typical number of years to get his degree, and he's probably still a bad boy deep down - but he's been on the right side of the rules ever since. For the record, I didn't meet him until he was well into his new routines!

Last edited by ICUwishing; 03-28-2012 at 02:35 PM.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 211/155/155

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!!
Shannon glad your DSS had a good day yesterday hope he keeps it up!!!
We are packing today and head back to Ohio tomorrow. The weather in Florida has been fantastic, but it has not been bad at all in Ohio. we will be glad to get home for 4 days and then we head to California to help our DS and future daughter-in-law with plans for their June wedding just outside of Yosemite.
Have a great day everyone!!
Steve
Slshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #23  
Workin' It

DSS did not do as well on Wednesday. He refused to do some assignments, argued some. Claimed that he got up too early - which he didn't, but he had started with me in the morning that I didn't get him up at the 'correct time' so he was already feeling a little argumentative before school started. So not a terrible day, but not great. We are still on the track that he doesn't get his privileges back until we see consistent behavior, so spring break isn't looking to be a thrill ride for him.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #24  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Here's hoping that Shannon's DSS feels moved to do well in school today to have a chance of a Spring Break.

Major news for me: I've watched the pictures of long lines for Mega-Millions at the lottery stores, laughing since I don't play. But, passed a store yesterday with NO LINE, so I bought a ticket. Yep, my chances of winning the $540+ Million dollars is one in 175,7111,536 (using my trusty Microsoft calculator, thank you very much). Good enough for a novice.

When I win, I plan to buy a case of mangoes and make mango lattes to celebrate. Then do something with the rest, LOL.

Perhaps I'll buy 3FC, eliminate the ads, and bestow the title Czar upon Suzanne. Wouldn't that be a kick?
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I can't recall buying a ticket in at least 20 years Bill, other than a few times buying lottery tickets to hand out at our Christmas Eve party.

Angie will buy a couple of tickets, sometimes, when the Mega-Millions gets way up there...

but never when it's under a couple hundred million...

evidently less than that doesn't benefit us in her eyes...

women!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Suzanne would be great as a czar, Bill! Good luck to you on the Mega Millions.

DH is a regular player. Each Monday and Friday he gets what we call a California Combo--5 plays for the Mega Millions and 5 plays for the Super Lotto, so he spends $20 a week, practically every week. So about $1000 a year (cuz there are times he forgets). Out of that $1000, we probably lose $800. Certainly not a good investment! LOL And what's really funny is that he doesn't like to gamble!!

DH told an architect last night that if we win we'll buy the house she recently completed (it's a spec house that we worked on). DH said I'd love it. I haven't seen it, but he does have good taste.

Here's to Lotto Fever!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

There's a Jaguar in my future when I win the Lotto.....oh ! you gotta buy a ticket ????

Last edited by bargoo; 03-30-2012 at 11:15 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #28  
Chuggin' along...

Hi all,
Very busy week here. Leaving work early to embark on the bachelorette party weekend. I'm hoping for some strength and to keep me from going totally crazy.

I went to the grocery store Tuesday and cauliflower heads were BOGO. I thought about how much cauliflower 2 heads is. It's a lot! I decided it was a personal challenge to eat it all before it goes bad. Does that make me weird?

BF will occasionally buy lottery tickets. I think it's his secret retirement plan. I used to like bad boys in high school and thank goodness I outgrew that. BF is so nice, sometimes generous to a fault, but I suppose I did pick someone with an unconventional lifestyle with his non-9-5 jobs.

Shannon, sorry DSS is still acting out. I know it's tough. Stick to your guns.

Steve, glad you enjoyed your trip to FL so much. The weather is so nice now. In 2 months it will be too hot.

Have a good weekend all!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I made a spinach, chicken, salsa verde, pepper jack cheese bake last night for dinner...

probably wasn't low cal but dang was it good!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #30  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Here's hoping that Shannon's DSS feels moved to do well in school today to have a chance of a Spring Break.
Yeah, that didn't happen.

He had an okay day yesterday - some homework came home from the week, but we talked to his teacher at the art show and PTSA meeting (which DH & I attended without him) and she said that he was doing better. Raising his hand, mostly doing his work, being respectful. Today was his full day in the ALP program - gifted class, versus regular class. He is typically well behaved in this class, as he feels it challenges him. Today he wouldn't work, hummed, played, argued with the teacher, threw chess pieces at the boy he was playing with. Basically all of the things he has done for his primary teacher all year. The ALP teacher was very disappointed. He lost his chess ad other fun privileges in there, and is now going into spring break in crazy trouble. XW got mad at us last night so kept him at her house and took him with her to a late evening class that she is taking instead of letting us stay at our house on her class night like he normally does. It was a bad end to a bad week all around. Next week is going to be a nightmare.