3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Spring Fling Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/253478-maintainers-spring-fling-challenge.html)

TheBunneh 02-24-2012 09:42 PM

ICUwishing :hug: I messed up last night and didn't log my food in the evening. We can both do this if we dust off and keep going.

ICUwishing 02-24-2012 10:19 PM

Bunneh, thanks! I will heed your signature, and not stay down! I'll try to estimate today's damage ... but only for historical value. Tomorrow will be a clean day. With exercise minutes.

Mudpie 02-25-2012 06:31 AM

Last night I watched Oprah interviewing Anthony Robbins. He spoke of people's "stories" - I think we've discussed this somewhere on the forum before - the scripts they write for their lives.

My usual "script" for the weekends is something along the lines of

"I've been working hard all week and I deserve some down time. I'm stressed and need to wind down. I deserve to go out and eat in a restaurant, instead of cooking. I've been eating healthily and deserve some treats. I'm going to be alone on Sunday night and I need a couple of beers to offest my disconnection with the world."

This script gets me a gain of 3-5 lbs. every weekend.

So this is my new script for the weekends, so that I'm within sight of my goal of 130 on my 55th birthday, will get to goal late in March, and then maintain at 129-132.

"I've been working hard all week and I need to recharge physically and mentally. Eating healthy food, limiting caffeine, and not drinking any alcohol will help me sleep. Sleep is my most important step to recharging myself. I deserve treats and I will take myself out to a gallery, museum, or event to reward myself for staying OP all week. Sunday night I will be alone so it will be "spa" night, a chance to walk around with goop on my face, soak my feet, and generally pamper myself. I will buy myself some delicious herbal teas to drink and some new cosmetics products to try."

Good weekend all!

Dagmar :yoga:

ICUwishing 02-25-2012 09:19 AM

dagmar - good script! Now you've got something that sounds like a lot of fun. :)

I started off the weekend on the right foot (left foot, right foot, left foot, etc) by getting on the treadmill for 45 minutes as soon as I got up. I haven't reached the point where I don't want to do it yet, and I think it's been 3 weeks. I'll have to be on guard today - we are going to a baby shower this afternoon that is going to have some spectacular, unusual food. The kinds of foods that must be tried, because they truly may never come my way again. I'm going with a very low calorie breakfast and dinner plan to compensate.

bargoo 02-25-2012 09:29 AM

Dagmar, good plan.
Becky,tell me more about unusual food, once in a lifetime food.
As for me , I accidently allowed a loaf of sourdough French Bread into my house, big mistake. I must neverr do that again.

alinnell 02-25-2012 09:51 AM

I'm finally back to ticker weight this morning, I was hoping for a half pound less than that.

I did my walking yesterday and I'm going to do my golfing today. I will stay on plan today.

I'm starting to think my Sundays off are part of my problem. I know, only a part. I need to at least not allow myself more than my 1-2 glasses of wine on Sundays. I should probably also disallow beer (I usually have one at lunch on Saturday and Sunday).

bargoo 02-25-2012 09:54 AM

Good job, Allison !

ICUwishing 02-25-2012 10:08 AM

bargoo, I promise to report back after the shower. The mom and dad-to-be are an amazing multicultural blend - her mom is Filipino, her dad's Polish, his dad is African-American and his mom is Chinese. And they all dearly love good food (no one's overweight). Together, they do fusions of cuisine that are intimidating, beautiful, and absolutely unique. They are producing the food for the shower. It's going to be a tasty exploration ... I am really glad that DH is coming along, because he's got the skills to duplicate foods based on flavors!

Allison - yay you! Moving isn't so bad, I'm finding.

alinnell 02-25-2012 10:18 AM

I used to work with a Filipino. Every year on her birthday she'd bring in a huge batch of pansit and lumpia. I really miss that! I'm trying to imagine a Filipino-Polish fusion food!

I also worked with a Swede (I'm half Swedish) and he'd bring in Swedish meatballs on his birthday.

Ok, I'm making myself hungry. Must get moving--the grocery store awaits.

bargoo 02-26-2012 08:33 AM

Had a pleasant surprise this morning. Down 2 pounds !!! That puts me below goal but I still want to get to sticker weight. If I can stay between those two numbers I will be a happy camper.

bargoo 02-26-2012 08:37 AM

Surfergirl, welcome and good luck with your goal. I think you can do it !!

silverbirch 02-26-2012 08:48 AM

Well done, bargoo! Have been meaning to ask you whether you think your severely restricted diet (as in types of food you're able to eat at present) is helping you.

I have weighed myself again. I'm at the highest since November when I started daily weighing again. Not that bad, in fact, as I've been moving around in a 4-5lb window. I'd like that window to move downward.

I am now in a position to reassert my routine, more or less, as things have calmed down a little. We have food. Most clothes are clean if not ironed. Ewe and lamb defences are in place. "Patients" aren't too bad.

AND. I am feeling so accomplished and glamorous! I have almost got rid of the terrible MS Word from my life! It has held back my work for more years than I can say. Scrivener is the way forward. Designed by a writer and developed here, in Cornwall. It's a sponsor of NaNoWriMo, for those of you who are involved. I can feel my brain relaxing into its proper shape. Such a good feeling! Other good things can only follow.

bargoo 02-26-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbirch (Post 4230691)
Well done, bargoo! Have been meaning to ask you whether you think your severely restricted diet (as in types of food you're able to eat at present) is helping you. .

Not severely restricted, just counting calories. I aim for about 1400 a day. If you think that is too little remember I am cursed with being short or to put it another way undertall.

silverbirch 02-26-2012 09:55 AM

I know you count calories. And your height sounds fine to me! But I thought you told us you were only eating oatmeal, potatoes and a few other things because of "issues'. I may have misunderstood so I'm sorry if I have! It's been a whirl of late. I'm just so impressed that the avoirdupois keeps rolling off.

bargoo 02-26-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbirch (Post 4230742)
I know you count calories. And your height sounds fine to me! But I thought you told us you were only eating oatmeal, potatoes and a few other things because of "issues'. I may have misunderstood so I'm sorry if I have! It's been a whirl of late. I'm just so impressed that the avoirdupois keeps rolling off.

I had some GI problems and that nasty diet was by Doctor's orders, no dairy, no fruit, no caffeine, etc. I have since been prescribed some medication that has made it possible to eat a normal diet. What a relief that has been, trying to eat a sensible diet with no dairy or fruit is difficult .....and boring.