3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Spring Fling Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/253478-maintainers-spring-fling-challenge.html)

bargoo 03-02-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charin (Post 4238132)
hi ladies, just wanted to say hi and that i have been in a bit of a lurking mode around here. i hit a new lowest weight of 125.2 and now i am bouncing between 126 and 129 depending on day of the week / time of day. i just want to stay there and never again see 130 no matter wht time of day i weigh myself. part of me wonders if i want to go any lower, but i am not willing to eat less or exercise more (as in more time devoted to it) than i currently do, so it may be that this finally is my maintenance weight but i woudl like to be more "firmly planted" in 125 so that my range is more like 123 to 127. so i think i will make that my goal to get to 123 by April 6. i will use the loseit app to track calories and i will do levels 2, 3, and 4 of ripped in 30 DVD (just wrapped up level 1). a friend will also lend me the first 4 insanity DVDs so i may get into that too, though i am scared :)

anyway, i dont post much, but watned to let you know that I will be lurking.... :) happy weekend!

Welcome ! Lurk as often as you want...as a matter of fact I sometimes lurk myself.

clarabr 03-02-2012 05:10 PM

Thanks for the welcome, guys! Also, elite, moi, bargoo?? Thanks! :D

Jessica, I hope the tests come negative for your dh.

bargoo 03-02-2012 05:34 PM

[quote=clarabr;4238458]Thanks for the welcome, guys! Also, elite, moi, bargoo?? Thanks! :D

/quote]
oui.

Mudpie 03-02-2012 05:40 PM

Jessica Hope the test results for your DH are good. And you guys could always consider adopting - lots and lots of nice babies out there waiting for homes. One of my clients adopted a baby from Korea and she's 10 years old now and a really sweet kid!

saef The more burned out we get :tired: the harder everything is :faint:. It's hard to schedule "rest" but we all need it to recharge. I am speaking from recent experience.

bargoo you salty dog you. Hormonal event indeed.

silverbirch see above comment to bargoo.

I have dinner ready in the crock pot. The weekend is pretty much scheduled away already but DH and I will have a mini-celebration (leftover cake from last weekend) tomorrow for my birthday. I will take the night off from cooking, laundry, taxes, etc. etc. and just sit and enjoy my piece of cake and glass of champagne.

TGIF :dance:

Dagmar ::hat:

alinnell 03-02-2012 09:19 PM

Can't say I've ever had a salty dog. Greyhound? yes. I guess the difference is the salt.

bargoo 03-02-2012 10:06 PM

The Salty Dog 's glass has a salted rim..

saef 03-03-2012 06:15 AM

I made myself knock off work on Friday at 7 PM, then sprawled on the sofa watching "RuPaul's Drag Race," my favorite show. I've realized that I feel vaguely guilty when I am not working and I'm always sort of braced for the next thing and the next needed high-adrenalin response.

I just confirmed that work on my apartment has been completely stopped for two weeks. I'd suspected this. During my last visit, they were just on the verge of starting to hang drywall. And then days passed and nothing happened. Now I hear it's because the contractor hasn't been paid. I'm almost certain this is due to the tortuous process of issuing checks, which went from our board to the management company to the insurer to the bank and back to the management company and then around to the board. Probably the contractor got fed up with carrying the float.

I'm going to just give up on envisioning any move-in date whatsoever, to avoid disappointment.

Anyway I'll be heading down there in a matter of hours. I hope that I get to think of nothing and do nothing on the long drive down.

bargoo 03-03-2012 07:02 AM

saef, the destruction of your home and the agonizingly slow pace of renovation would drive a strong man to drink. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you.

Mudpie 03-03-2012 07:26 AM

saef Sometimes it's not the contractor's fault. If payment is taking so long they may not be able to purchase the drywall and necessary mud and screws to proceed until they get paid. I hope they can get this sorted out for you. :hug:

Dagmar

ICUwishing 03-03-2012 08:14 AM

Still here and making the best choices I can!

bargoo 03-03-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICUwishing (Post 4238985)
Still here and making the best choices I can!

The best you can do is the best you can do. Keep on keepin' on.

alinnell 03-03-2012 10:42 AM

I got my woosh!!! Officially 11 pounds down as of this morning!!!

Saef~I can't tell you the number of times I'd LIKE to take the guys off of a job because the contractor hasn't paid the subs (like me). Its a very frustrating situation to be in--we've paid for the materials, we're paying for the labor to install them, and we'd like to be paid by the contractor who keeps making excuses. Cash flow is my biggest headache. I hope it all gets straightened out soon for you.

bargoo 03-03-2012 10:52 AM

Allison, congratulations on the whoosh !

Charin 03-03-2012 03:39 PM

Allison congrats on your whoosh. I weighed in this morning at 125.6. Usually Saturdays tend to be my lowest weigh in of the week. I am resting today and tomorrow and starting level 2 of ripped in 30 on Monday.

Have a great weekend!

silverbirch 03-03-2012 04:22 PM

Great news, Allison. At last!

I had a full day at work and made great headway. I ate the food I'd packed plus a little dark chocolate I found in the car. Plus a very small tea of grilled trout, mouthful of potato and green salad. I do best on days when I can focus. Multi-site days with lots of duties and chores and gear changes - I just don't cope at all. They don't suit the kind of person I am.