3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Spring Fling Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/253478-maintainers-spring-fling-challenge.html)

bargoo 02-23-2012 12:14 PM

Maintainers Spring Fling Challenge

New Years Challenge has just about reached 500 and is closing. You don't have to be a maintainer to post on this thread. We are just a group of dieters that are facing challenges. I was just short of having 4 years at goal the longest time I had ever maintained a loss when I slipped, fell, relapsed, got lazy and gained 19 pounds. I was pretty mad at myself but decided I didn't want to stay there. Others of you are facing challenges that are completely out of your control. We all understand what it is to face challenges. We are just trying to support and motivate each other.Feel free to join us.

alinnell 02-23-2012 12:32 PM

And here I was hoping I'd be back at goal by my birthday, but that is way too close for it to happen at this point. I hope to be down 12 pounds by my birthday and perhaps be at goal by the time my oldest graduates from college. From there, it's maintaining through our cruise to Hawaii at the end of June.

ICUwishing 02-23-2012 12:32 PM

Well put, bargoo. I guess my only real challenge is between my ears. :D That, and getting (finally) to 140 by my birthday, May 17.

TheBunneh 02-23-2012 01:06 PM

I like the name for the new thread. Thanks again for inviting me to join in with you guys. =)

Last night I was all ready to have a bowl of cereal that would have put me over my calories. I had the milk in my hand ready to pour... then I put it back in the fridge and the cereal back in it's box. :D

Shannon in ATL 02-23-2012 01:10 PM

I had set a goal of 132 by 3/1. I'm not thinking I'm going to make it - I got down to 134.8 late last week, but bad eating and bloating swung me back up to 137 for today. At this point my highs are lower if that makes sense, so I can see I'm making progress, just slowly. I've reevaluated the goal to a little further out, we'll see what 4/1 shows... I turn 40 on 5/15, I would like to be at 130 by then.

bargoo 02-23-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBunneh (Post 4227818)
I like the name for the new thread. Thanks again for inviting me to join in with you guys. =)

Last night I was all ready to have a bowl of cereal that would have put me over my calories. I had the milk in my hand ready to pour... then I put it back in the fridge and the cereal back in it's box. :D

Good job !
Glad you like the name , I was thinking March Madness but it was already taken.

alinnell 02-23-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICUwishing (Post 4227768)
Well put, bargoo. I guess my only real challenge is between my ears. :D That, and getting (finally) to 140 by my birthday, May 17.

That's about when DD graduates. I want to be 140, too. We really are sisters.

bargoo 02-23-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL (Post 4227825)
I had set a goal of 132 by 3/1. I'm not thinking I'm going to make it - I got down to 134.8 late last week, but bad eating and bloating swung me back up to 137 for today. At this point my highs are lower if that makes sense, so I can see I'm making progress, just slowly. I've reevaluated the goal to a little further out, we'll see what 4/1 shows... I turn 40 on 5/15, I would like to be at 130 by then.

Losing weight is a strange thing. During the month of January my net weight loss was 8.4 pounds. The month of February my net loss was 2.6 pounds, so far. I didn't change a thing, still eating the same amount of calories. I find, for me, perseverance is the key, no matter what, keep going, do not give up.

traveling michele 02-23-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBunneh (Post 4227818)

I went back to religiously tracking on Sunday due to a little "slippage" and weight creep. It is amazing what I will decide not to eat knowing I have to log it.

Scale is very, very slowly cooperating.....

I will be 45 on March 3 (uggh!)
I would like to be comfortably back under 120 by then-- not just fleetingly....

alinnell 02-23-2012 02:22 PM

DD just posted a picture of herself on the Nutrisystem chatboard. She's lost 18 pounds (is now about 182) and she looks so much better!

Michele~try 49 on March 17th!

Yes, bargoo, never give up!

ICUwishing 02-23-2012 02:41 PM

Bunneh - fantastic job! That's sheer willpower. Bottle that stuff!

bargoo - giving up only has one result, and it's not an option.

shannon - fellow Taurus! I'm turning 45 on 5/17. Or as the swimmers say, "Ageing up". :D

michele - same here. Nobody looks at my log but me, but there are still things that I don't want to have to admit I ate. Hey ... 45 is not an "uggh!" 45 is a glorious tweener between being too young to know any better and too old to do anything about it. ;)

allison - if I ever get out on that side of our great country, we'll have to play golf and drink some good wine! Perhaps not at the same time, though.

ICUwishing 02-23-2012 03:14 PM

Close shave. Felt the compulsive pull toward the 2oz bags of Cheezits that nest in the vending machine. Fortunately, they cost $1. I have 90 cents in change, and everything else is $20 bills. It bugs me that I got as far as counting my change. I'm going to have to start leaving my wallet in the car again.

Mudpie 02-24-2012 07:13 AM

:wave: I'm here but super busy today.

Dagmar :dizzy:

saef 02-24-2012 07:21 AM

The scale verified what I already knew from pressing dents into my swollen ankles yesterday: I'm up a whole whopping 3.7 pounds from last Friday.

Blame it partly on dining on a ham steak portion on Wednesday night, which I forgot to remind my mother to soak in water before cooking. Then, last night, I ate London broil marinated for 24 hours in a soy, ginger and sesame oil concoction that was probably a bit heavy on the soy.

And blame it on stress and Aldi's natural trail mix in handfuls.

Whose signature line has that wise quote, "You can't out-exercise a bad diet?" Or something to that effect?

I'm facing another frenetic day on the job, including a sit-down with my boss to talk about my performance requirements for the coming year, and then a long drive to Albany to spend the weekend with friends. And a four-hour round trip on Saturday from Albany to the Litchfield CT area to pick up an antique clock that I bought several months back & which the dealer has been holding for me in the meantime. My Albany friend will be in the car with me. We can have a nice long talk as we drive. I hope the weather co-operates.

bargoo 02-24-2012 08:45 AM

saef, sounds like you will have a pleasant weekend, lots of driving but you will have company. When will your apartment be ready ?