Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #16  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Yeah, I guess I "label" myself a weekend binger as if it's not a choice. I guess that's just because M-Th, there is no problem, I don't even think about it. There is a schedule, I follow it, no questions asked. I don't even think about it and I don't have any urges to binge, unless it's TOM and then sometimes thoughts will creep in.

The weekends are different, because I'm home more. I have a 2 1/2 year old and we go out, but in general we're home where all the food is. My DH also works on the weekends and my binging pretty much always occurs when no one is around, so it's like the weekends are my only opportunity. I know that it is a choice, I've had some pretty long stints without binging, I'm not totally clear on what's different now. I can't seem to put my finger on what about my life is different when I'm struggling with binging vs. when I'm not.

I guess my "new" strategy is going to be this.

1. Monday thru Friday are traditional "on plan" day. Food is planned out in advanced and there is a calorie range that it must be within. Treats are fine if required, but they must fit into the plan for the day. So no real changes here, except that I'm extending the "rules" to Fridays. I know I can control Fridays, it's just a little harder then M-Th. I know I can control Saturday and Sundays too if I just snapped out of like you said. But I think I'll control them with the next rule.

2. Saturday and Sunday. NO counting whatsoever. I can eat whatever and as much as I want AS LONG AS, I think about it, am truely hungry and it is truely worth it. So because I generally like eating healthy and eating the right portions, I will do that automatically, but if I want ice cream for dessert then I'm going to have it and I'm not going to measure it, although I will use an appropriate bowl and not a bucket, but I will enjoy every bite and stop when I've had "enough".

3. My time on 3FC needs to be limited. I have a smart phone and I am on here all.day.long. Therefore, I am ALWAYS thinking about food, obsessing about calories, thinking about other's diets and how to help. From now on, I can only log on to 3FC once a day. Also, my constantly posting has kept me analyzing my "issues". Which is fine, but as we all know, I tend to over analyze. So when I'm trying to help someone, I'm repeating my issues over and over and over again and it's really starting to cause me anxiety. I really feel like it needs to stop or at least decrease in frequency.

I love 3FC and it's like a hobby to me and it's help me through some pretty tough times. But it's time for me to separate me life from my "eating issues".

4. It's time for some non food related hobbies. Exercise is a huge hobby, which is fine I'll keep that one, but I'm constantly looking for new recipes and researching health and the new latest and greatest "diet" concepts. So even when I'm not on 3FC, I'm STILL thinking about food. I'm seriously starting to feel like a prisoner of food and my "plan". So today I bought a novel that has NOTHING to do with food. Now if I could get off 3FC and read it

So yesterday I did binge. And it was a bad one, but I'm forgiving myself moving on and letting go. It happened so what. Today I've started the new plan and so far so good. I have no urges to binge, which is pretty rare this time of day on a Saturday. I've eaten well today and even had a home made cookie. But I only ate one, then threw the rest out so I wouldn't been tempted. Probably unecessary, but I'm in a fragile state. I actually have probably eaten less today than most Saturdays, but I'm not patting myself on the back just yet. Will see how it goes. Ok, time to refocus on something non food related. So if you see less of me around, you'll know why and if my post seem a little more generic I apologize, but I need to reconnect to my family, my friends and myself. I'm a mom, a wife, a daughter, a friend, a professional and THEN a fitness enthusiast with "food issues". See why do I need therapy when I have you guys!

Last edited by ncuneo; 03-12-2011 at 07:18 PM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #17  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

have you tried listening to IOWL? it's a free podcast.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #18  
Closet health nut!

No, thanks I'll check those out. Are the like Geneen Roth's stuff at all? While I feel her stuff is great, something about her messages rub me the wrong way.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #19  
Closet health nut!

Wow Katy, which ones do you recommend? There are 168 to choose from! It doesn't appear that I necessarily need to listen to them in order so I'm just downloading the ones that look interesting or pertinent to me.

This looks amazing! Why am I just hearing about this now? I will start listening tomorrow and this may require a new thread to discuss each topic. Wow, thank you.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #20  

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

Avoiding weight loss websites has helped me too. My obsession was Sparkpeople, so now I only log on twice a day to track my food and exercise, get some points, and post a few times. After that I'm gone.
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote