Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #16  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xty View Post
rockinrobin, thanks!

and ya know, its not that I view food *only* as fuel. just primarily. first, as you said it is the priority!

however, i am a complete foodie.
100%. I MUST enjoy what I'm eating. Eating must be a pleasurable experience. I said this from day one of my journey - I can not and will not eat boring, bland, tasteless foods. It's got to be tasty, delicious, satisfying. I was willing to give up certain foods in order to lose the weight, but I was not willing to give up flavor.

I've said this dozens of times as well - I stopped settling for foods that only tastes good - it has to taste good AND be good for me - long after I'm done chewing. I raised my standards. I require more from myself.

I am without a doubt a bigger foodie now, than I was prior. I make some pretty spectacular foods if I do say so myself.

In fact, I had my parents over for dinner the other night and my dad said to me, "If you would open up a restaurant you'd be a millionaire". And that is not the first time that he's said it and many others have said it as well.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #17  
Argh.

S/C/G: 280/ticker/169

Height: 5'9"

I would add that I am not only a foodie, I have become something like a food snob. It totally isn't worth messing around with substandard food!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Another slightly different perspective on snacking - I eat my daytime snacks for fuelling (one gulped down in the car, the other eaten the moment I come in the house door in the late afternoon). They are protein and a veggie - usually a boiled egg/carrot/baby toms and then a packet of processed turkey/celery/cucumber.

The evening snack is the one for enjoyment. It is 200 cals and can be sweet or savoury. I tend to regard this one as my dessert. I take my time and don't let anything else distract from eating and enjoying it.

This particular approach works best for me and my work situation.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote