Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #46  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
One thing really struck me in reading through this thread:

It just struck me all of a sudden that having weight fluctuations is really NORMAL. I mean, it's not normal to fluctuate like me, where I've weighed both 145 and 295. That is too much fluctuation. But it makes sense that many people might not be able to sustain their thinnest moment all the time.
This is SO true, and just what I needed to hear. I did pretty well maintaining a 55 lb weight loss for about 6 months. Then I started having to travel for work a LOT, so it was easy to grab junk in the airport, eat like it was my last meal at the work site...well, I'm now up about 10 or 15 lbs. I can still wear my size 12 jeans but it ain't comfy and I had to buy size 16 work pants tonight.

I have decided that I am not going to beat myself up over it. Am I doing the best that I can? No, but I am doing OK and maybe that's enough for right this moment. I'm trying to be more conscious and trying to fit more exercise in. There are small choices that I am making that I will change; for instance, I don't need that 1/2 donut on Friday morning. I don't need a full 200 cals of dark chocolate every afternoon. I can make other choices.

So that's what I will do. I will enjoy my new work pants--they were cheapies, on sale--and I will work towards my jeans being more comfy. For now, that's all I feel able to do and I'm not going to brand myself a failure because I am a little heavier than I would like. And Jay, you're not a failure, either. You have fluctuated, but that doesn't make you a failure. It makes you (and me) a human being. We'll get back on track, because we are aware and because we want to.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #47  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You are *not* a failure. This is a struggle for all of us. It may take you a lifetime to figure out what works for you, but the point is to keep trying.

fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #48  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I know the 'failure' feeling all too well lately. I have fluctuated up a little over 5 pounds recently. (I know it doesn't sound like much, but for my overly critical self, it may as well have been the 65 I had lost!!!) It was my own fault, but I get back on plan and hope/expect to see results as fast as I saw the upward trend. The fact of the matter is, it's tougher to get it off than it is to get it on. =/ I *know* how to gain weight, I've done it before and I can do it again. The part I am still learning is how to *NOT* gain weight. Not necessarily lose, but just to not gain. You maintained a great loss for so long! You *know* how to not gain and because you lost that weight to begin with, you know how to lose also. Granted, we all have to switch up our routines once in a while and that's what part you've come to, a routine switch. You CAN and WILL do this, we all believe in you (as I'm sure you do also).

ps - Thank you for the honest post, it's difficult sometimes to put it all out there for everyone to see but most often it's when we get the help we need. I very much enjoy your posts and highly doubt you're going anywhere, so you'll be back to your goal soon... I just know it.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote