Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #46  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Shannon - the iPhone also mentioned Gavin and his, um, bottom. ??

ETA that I'm almost always on the BlackBerry these days and it is fiddly. That's why I'm not very good at personals. And why some of my posts are in telegraphese. Can't semaphore properly either.

Last edited by silverbirch; 04-10-2010 at 11:00 AM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #47  
Workin' It

Now that is funny... Sorry Birch! no idea who Gavin is... Was trying to say that I flipped my potatoes after three minutes in the
microwave to keep from getting hard spots on the bottom. Of the potato. I swear.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #48  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Pat, next year I'll ask you to PM me your address and I'll send you a box of fresh citrus!!!
I'll take you up on that offer, thanks!

We had a lovely retreat, though I ate way too much good food. Everything was homemade (well, not the fruit ) and delicious. A good time.

Hi, Michele - welcome home. Take you had a good time on your cruise?

Dagmar, I slice up my apple to microwave it, and I have a newer microwave, so it usually start with 90 sec and then check it for softness, and add time slowly. The sweet potato I do the same as Shannon, though with my new microwave, it takes less time. Haven't done one for a while, but I start like at 3.5 minutes.

Birch - have you tried smoke signals??

Okay I got home and now it's 5:30 and still no DH, nor any note as to where he might be and when he might be home.... I'm not hungry for dinner anyway, so he'll just get leftovers when he shows up. I suspect he's hiking with a friend as they talked about it earlier in the week.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:29 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Pat My DH and I have a rule about dinner. If he doesn't call/contact me dinner goes on the table at 6:30. That way I don't end up starving and overeating by snacking out of hunger and frustration.

So DH and I went to a movie last night (following our plan to go out together 2X per week). I planned ahead and took my bag of pretzels (200 cals.) I went to the bathroom while DH got his snacks and my drink. When I came back to our seats he had bought me a popcorn .

So I had the popcorn and a sugar free drink. This morning I'm up 2.4 lbs. I'm sure it's the sodium in the popcorn and the weight will be gone tomorrow with a bit of water drinking. Still kind of a shock on the scale!

Since I'm also going to a movie today with the kids and their mom I will definitely pass on the popcorn!

I'm taking the new puppy for his debut on the doggie beach this morning. This is gonna be great fun! Sunny weather and watching the little guy get all excited by the big world!

Have a great Sunday all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #50  
Working My Way Back Down

Dagmar! I do usually go ahead and eat without him, it's just that he usually leaves me a note when he goes out when I'm not home....
Old 04-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Howdy,
I haven't been part of a chat thread before so not sure what to post. So hello sounds like a place to start.

Last night, DSIL who is Filipino, wanted to go out to a Filipino restaurant to celebrate passing his exam at work. Glad to do it, tried to find Filipino menus but none posted. It turns out the place he wanted to eat at closed at 6PM. So we changed gears and head to Indian Palace for buffet dinner. I hadn't been there since before I started CC. My plan was to eat as I had done in the past, take note of what I usually eat (though the portions were smaller than in the past), go home, use menu online and figure out calorie counts.

Totally backwards, but it was the only way I knew to figure out what I had always eaten (I just knew the food by site and not by name). I wrote the names down, glad the buffet menu is online but saved the calorie looking up for today. Wow. 1700 calories including a Mango Lassi for a total daily count of 2280. I inputted every item into my favorites and a reciped the entire meal with accumulative calorie count. Next time I go, which will be a long time from now, I will have seen this calorie count many times, and I will be able to judge if the price is worth the bite.

Today I was up 2.2#. Tom as well, however, I wasn't nervous. This was a blip. I ate 980 calories over goal. Not 8750 in excess. And knowing this scientific truth has made me peaceful.

Hope that wasn't TMI.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #52  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
Today I was up 2.2#. Tom as well, however, I wasn't nervous. This was a blip. I ate 980 calories over goal. Not 8750 in excess. And knowing this scientific truth has made me peaceful.
And it was restaurant food which is notoriously high in sodium, which will put most of us up at least a couple of pounds, even if we ate in our "calorie budget." Glad to hear you're peaceful.