Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #61  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
Pat - glad your riding mower is back in business!
Oh bad news. The $75 was when he thought he just have to do a tuneup. Turns out there are major engine problems, and the quote is now around $600 We'll do it because it's still cheaper than a new mower, and there is nothing else wrong with this one. So another week of push mowing.

Shedding - my cats shed ALL the time. I have two siamese mix (they have siamese markings, and voice, but came from the shelter) one of whom is long haired. Between the shedding and the mats in the fur it seems I'm always trying to brush one or the other. And even though they have seal point markings (i.e. dark brown/black) they shed white! Getting dressed is the very last thing I do before leaving the house each day.

Rabbit - we missed you!

Sheila - glad you're going to be cool again! It's still cooler here, but the sun is out for now. First time all week.

Megan - sounds like you're going to have a busy weekend.

I have very little in the way of weekend plans. I'll do some cardio workout tomorrow, and then I need to continue de-cluttering and cleaning. And of course the usual laundry/grocery shopping/yard and garden stuff. Oh, I'm tired already.....
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Pat~I think I read earlier this week that California is finally rethinking the gray water reclamation. I guess it's actually illegal at this point to do it, but now that we're facing yet another year of water shortages, they're finally thinking that it'd be a good idea to let people do it, but obviously there will be lots of regulations....

It's been a hot muggy day today. We've got clouds everywhere with only a 30% chance of showers yet there is a flash flood watch all around us in the mountains. Go figure.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote