Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up My weekly big pot of stuff

I'm making beef stew tonite, enough for 3 dinners. Since DH's schedule is so erratic right now we tend to not eat dinner together most weeknights . Mudpie is a good dining companion but her conversation leaves a bit to be desired - Meow? Meow!.

I'm finding that, for the cold months, I like to cook up a big pot of something on Sunday afternoon. We eat it several times during the week with different sides each time. Saves me having to cook when I'm beat from the cold and weather and we don't eat so much "pre-fab" stuff.

The stew pot awaits!

Dagmar (cookin' up a storm)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #62  

A much better day today. I got some exercise playing with the kids in the snow. My 5yo only played a little while though and announced when she grows up she's 'flying a plane where it's summer.' I told her I'd visit often.

Dagmar-stew sounds good
Allison-Happy Birthday to your dd
Lily-Good Job on throwing out the food
Sheila-she's great. Not really a baby anymore at 14mo. ~sob~
and yes, my stray kitten I took in a month ago is cunning.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #63  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

[QUOTE=joyofsix;2474670]..... My 5yo only played a little while though and announced when she grows up she's 'flying a plane where it's summer.' I told her I'd visit often.
QUOTE]

Lisa I love it! she will probably fly down to my area....we have a spare bedroom...currently 72 degrees here at 3:30pm
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:42 PM   #64  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Pat, the squirt bottle sounds like a great idea for my cat. I'll give it a try. Right now just telling him to stop doesn't work, he makes you physically get up and remove him from the stove and counters.

Oh, Shelbey still lives with us, she had just spent her Thanksgiving holiday week at her sister's house that is about 2 hrs away.

It's cold here with sleet drizzle that freezes me when I walk the dogs.

I finished my son's gifts tonite and I think he will like them. The family photo album turned out cute with some baby pic's of him and Lacy included. It's kind of a "throuh-the-ages" album of the family and now includes all DH's family and kids and grandkids. Plus, pet pic's of course.

I'm back on plan with my WW's meals. I hope my weight tomorrow night isn't too awfully bad after all the holiday feasting/grazing.

I noticed my son has new pic's of himself in Baghdad on his Myspace. I will try to get Lacy to copy these and post them here for me.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:28 PM   #65  
Working My Way Back Down

Last evening of the long weekend - boo, hoo. I'm so not ready to go back to work. Plus we've had about 8" of new snow, so it's definitely winter here. We went to see fireworks in town last night. One of our local hair salon owners put on a display for his 50th b'day about 5 or 6 years ago, and it has become a Thanksgiving weekend tradition. It was amazing, lasted 25 minutes, and drew a huge crowd. The temperature was about 25, with a light snow falling, so it was pleasant enough to stand around outdoors. But that was my biggest excitement of the weekend. It's okay, though, I have a ton of parties to attend in the next 3 weeks. It'll be a challenge not to overeat, esp at a couple where I know the menu!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote